Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Are the hawks the most hated team in the NFL?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Is it us, pats or who?

It sure seems like we are. Other fans hate us. Some of our own fans saying hawks lost a 12.

What is going on? Is it because we are poor sports?
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Its good to be hated by other fan bases, that generally means people are envious of your success.

I can see if some stopped watching due to the anthem protests, but I haven't really seen anyone say they wont watch anymore games because some players don't know how to lose without acting like a bunch of cry babies. Sure its frustrating, but in my 30+ years watching this team I have seen much worse.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• I hope so. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Pats Steelers boys
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Between them and the pats or cowboys.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• I haven't really heard too much hate towards the Seahawks. Individual players sure, but more than anything I hear they hate "the 12's"
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• It's basically just Sherman and Bennett that fans of other teams seem to hate.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• It's good to be hated cause you're good, not cause you have a bunch of thugs playing.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:It's good to be hated cause you're good, not cause you have a bunch of thugs playing.

Exactly.

I fear it's becoming the latter.
    idle Eric
    NET Bench Warmer

• By non Seahawks fans in the northwest, yes. Now to the rest of the country, no.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• PPP does a poll every year on the "most hated" NFL teams. The top two most hated this year were the Patriots and Cowboys. Other was 3rd, followed by the Bears (why?), Packers, Steelers, Giants, Broncos, Seahawks, and Falcons.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-c ... _13017.pdf
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2017 wrote:PPP does a poll every year on the "most hated" NFL teams. The top two most hated this year were the Patriots and Cowboys. Other was 3rd, followed by the Bears (why?),

The damn Oklahoma City Other-I hate their basketball team and I can't stand their fictional football team either. Greedy bastards.

The Bears being so hated is quite strange. They've simply sucked for about 27 out of the last 30 years. For a large market, legacy team they've never been over-exposed and their fans just perpetually and sadly live in 1985.

No surprise on the Patriots and Cowpukes. And we're about where I figured.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• why would you care?
    OrangeGravy
    NET Bench Warmer

2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Hawk_Nation wrote:Its good to be hated by other fan bases, that generally means people are envious of your success.

I can see if some stopped watching due to the anthem protests, but I haven't really seen anyone say they wont watch anymore games because some players don't know how to lose without acting like a bunch of cry babies. Sure its frustrating, but in my 30+ years watching this team I have seen much worse.

Sherm: emotional cry baby.

Bennett: walking victim.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

• It's not hate, but jealousy.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• As an outsider, I don't think the Hawks are widely hated in the way the Patriots and Cowboys are, and not even close. The Cowboys are kind of a funny one in that nationally they're both the most popular and one of the least popular teams.

For fans that do hate the Seahawks, I suspect it's because they think they're loudmouths who play dirty and act like blowhards.

For a point of comparison, even as fans of NFC teams we all remember and know that Greg Schiano is a POS for his guys potentially injuring their opponents when trying to blow up a victory formation. That happened in 2012.

The Hawks have done that four times in the last four years, all against high profile opponents and IIRC all in nationally televised games (one of them being the Super Bowl). You do crap like that and you're gonna get the rep among unaffiliated fans for being scumbags.

TBF I think their rep even predates them too, as college football fans across country had given Pete the "Cheat Carroll" moniker looong before he even went to the Hawks, so when he went to Seattle, and with all the sideline fights and unsportsmanlike stuff, and PEDs, and practice violations and so on a fair number of people who are also college fans saw it and just said "yep, more of the same."

All in all I think "hate" is too strong of a word. You know how nationally the Bengals (deserved or not) have the reputation for being a bunch of criminals? The Hawks nationally (deserved or not) have the reputation for being a bunch of scumbags.

But again, I don't think they're hated or despised in the way the Pats or Cowboys are. People just think they're scumbags, which is kinda funny, given their QB.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• We have passed the Pat's thanks in no small part to Michael Bennett. Unfortunately it's been his area of greatest impact this season. I am not saying that he doesn't put forth effort in games though. Personally I believe its a byproduct of Pete's coaching style. It worked for a while but guys are over the top now. It's difficult to put that genie back in the bottle.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:We have passed the Pat's thanks in no small part to Michael Bennett. Unfortunately it's been his area of greatest impact this season.

100% disagree with this. Bennett has a bit of a rep as a dirty player because of this week and the end of the Super Bowl, but it absolutely doesn't encompass or overshadow the Hawks' rep as a team among fans.

Likewise, I know I'm a forever guest here, but I'd ask the mods to please make an effort to reign in all of the off-field-related Michael Bennett sniping that's been going on, which is exclusively coming from one side, and which we are not allowed to respond to.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Why does anyone care if we are the most hated team? Usually being hated means your team is damn good. They act like poor sports when they lose, that really sucks. But, I truly don't give a rats fat butt if other people hate the Hawks.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:We have passed the Pat's thanks in no small part to Michael Bennett. Unfortunately it's been his area of greatest impact this season. I am not saying that he doesn't put forth effort in games though. Personally I believe its a byproduct of Pete's coaching style. It worked for a while but guys are over the top now. It's difficult to put that genie back in the bottle.

I’m sure you couldn’t be more wrong.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• What others think of this team has zero impact on the game. So, meh.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I think the vast majority of Michael Bennett hate (not only here, but on facebook, and other outlets) is from Seahawks fans.

The whole "You lost a 12" crowd were never really vested fans to begin with, IMO.

I've been a fan for more than 30 years. One Seahawks player, or even one version of this team does not define the Seahawks franchise and its history as a whole.

So I continue to root for them, even if I dislike one more more players or strongly disagree with their political stance.
    Mindsink
    NET Starter

• Yep, you're likely never going to be a fan of every player. Plenty of guys get on your nerves as a fan. Bruce Irvin, not a fan at all. But oh well, he was a Hawk, so I pulled for the guy, even if I didn't like him.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I know a lot of people who hate the Hawks because of "all the breaks we have got" in recent years regarding calls. I am not going to deny that has happened. But those same people refuse to acknowledge that there have been important calls go against this team in recent years too....but that doesn't fit the narrative.

The part that makes me shake my head. I've been a fan long enough to remember calls like the Testeverde TD, clock not starting when it should in Baltimore, and of course the Super Bowl vs the Steelers. But in those days people dismissed it as "who cares, it's Seattle". Now those same people get upset when we get calls.

My favorite is when fans of teams like the Cowboys label our fans as arrogant....that's just plain adorable.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:What others think of this team has zero impact on the game. So, meh.

Unless the "others" are the officials. They are human, and humans look for confirmation of what they believe. That is why we get more penalties and others are missed, not an NFL conspiracy.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like the 'Hawks are the most hated team by some 'Hawks fans. I bet if Bennett went back to dancing for you all, you won't mind them so much. Or maybe if they just parroted your own political opinions?

I don't remember anyone complaining when they got to pushing and shoving after the Super Bowl, no talk of "thuggery" then. And we all loved Sherman's outburst after The Tip. But today it's a problem? I don't buy it.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't believe in the conspiracy crap at all. They lose as a team and win as a team. However, burying your head in the sand won't change the fact that the refs have impacted many games around the NFL this year, on crap calls or ignored calls.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:Sounds like the 'Hawks are the most hated team by some 'Hawks fans. I bet if Bennett went back to dancing for you all, you won't mind them so much. Or maybe if they just parroted your own political opinions?

I don't remember anyone complaining when they got to pushing and shoving after the Super Bowl, no talk of "thuggery" then. And we all loved Sherman's outburst after The Tip. But today it's a problem? I don't buy it.

Hmmmm? I thought there play at the end of the Superbowl was unprofessional and not something I would want my son to imitate. I don't think Sherman is overly proud of his moment. I did put him in the national spotlight so the result sort of worked out for him. Maybe that was his intent. I get the celebration but it was a bit over the top.
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran

12thbrah
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information