The entire NFC is a mess right now

hawknation2017

Reaction score
We know full well about all of the Seahawks' injuries, but look at the rest of the conference . . .

The Eagles and Vikings are being quarterbacked by Nick Foles and Case Keenum. The Rams just lost to the Eagles with Foles playing QB in the 4th quarter, and the Seahawks have already beaten them on the road. The Rams could be missing two starting corners and both offensive tackles this week at the CLINK. The Saints defense has been decimated by injuries, as well. Etc.

It's time to circle the wagons, overcome the odds, and win the NFC West. We remain in control of our own destiny; all the team has to do is find ways to win. In a regular season otherwise defined by injuries, I would consider winning the division this year a major success for the Seahawks.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Aren't most of the Saints injuries short term deals? Thought most of those guys were coming back.

Agreed on injuries derailing the NFC, however.

RussB

Reaction score
With vikings losing and Eagles losing wentz. NFC is wide open right now. If they win out there might even be a chance or a 2 seed but a slim one.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Forget seeding. It's all about what this team can do over the next three weeks to win the NFC West. Everyone else is irrelevant until we get to the playoffs.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Yep. There are pretty much only like 2-3 teams that are more "legit" than us. Obviously the Patriots. But for all those who legitimately bashes our team, the fact is I see no other team that is above and beyond us. I don't think any other defense would frustrate us as much as the Jags. I kind of wonder what our record would be with Duane Brown and Pocic at the beginning of the season. Maybe 10-3?

Or against the Falcons, do we lose with a healthy Avril, Sherm, Kam? In this league luck goes a long way, but we're right there. We've lost our starting Carson, Sherman, Avril, Kam. Our o-line was in shambles for much of the year. And we're STILL in contention. Idc what anyone says, that's incredible

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Packers had it the worst this season with the injury to Rodgers. The Hawks have had the next worse luck though in my opinion, starting with our offseason plans being derailed by the injuries to our LT, first draft pick, and Prosise. Carson going down exacerbated the offensive issues, then our defense has been gutted by injury in the second half of the season.

In my view the FO has done a great job dealing with the injuries so far. I don't like that we pulled money forwards from the future, but there aren't many teams in the NFL that could be anywhere near 8-5 after suffering this many key losses. It's crazy to me that a group of entitled fans think we are severely under-performing this season and I question whether most of them have watched any games beyond our own.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Just give Brady his next ring. Nobody is stopping him this year.

NJlargent

Reaction score
AgentDib":18j9w8g5 said:
The Packers had it the worst this season with the injury to Rodgers. The Hawks have had the next worse luck though in my opinion, starting with our offseason plans being derailed by the injuries to our LT, first draft pick, and Prosise. Carson going down exacerbated the offensive issues, then our defense has been gutted by injury in the second half of the season.

In my view the FO has done a great job dealing with the injuries so far. I don't like that we pulled money forwards from the future, but there aren't many teams in the NFL that could be anywhere near 8-5 after suffering this many key losses. It's crazy to me that a group of entitled fans think we are severely under-performing this season and I question whether most of them have watched any games beyond our own.

We lost to the Packers and Titans before injuries and were 1-2. At that point HFA was already gone for the most part as even healthy we were not winning out. Yet there were dozens of 13 win predictions in the predict our season record thread before week 1. What happened to that 13 win squad? Now we are excited to be 8-5. And the packers are not dead yet. Rodgers comes back and they get in they might be the team to beat. If we lost Wilson we would useless.

The FO also picked up Lacy and Walsh.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree that I don't see anyone stopping Brady. As far as the NFC, I still like our chances. I'm not afraid of going on the road and facing Foles or Keenum. The one team that I don't want to play is the Saints in their dome. They have one of the best running games, a great veteran QB, and a very underrated defense.

The team no one is talking about but they should is the Packers. If Rodgers can come back and play the final three games, they would be the team to watch out for. Obviously this all depends on his availability, but if the Pack make the playoffs with Rodgers, they would have to be one of the favorites to come out of the conference.

Greenhell

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2l0vmlc0 said:
Forget seeding. It's all about what this team can do over the next three weeks to win the NFC West. Everyone else is irrelevant until we get to the playoffs.

This. None of that matters if the Hawks don't make the playoffs.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":zxclyue2 said:
I agree that I don't see anyone stopping Brady. As far as the NFC, I still like our chances. I'm not afraid of going on the road and facing Foles or Keenum. The one team that I don't want to play is the Saints in their dome. They have one of the best running games, a great veteran QB, and a very underrated defense.

The team no one is talking about but they should is the Packers. If Rodgers can come back and play the final three games, they would be the team to watch out for. Obviously this all depends on his availability, but if the Pack make the playoffs with Rodgers, they would have to be one of the favorites to come out of the conference.

I'm more afraid of the Vikings than the Saints. I can see their secondary giving us problems and we CAN'T run the ball

We don't have the kind of versatile offense that we can only worry about the opposing QB. We lost to the Jags because their secondary was an overmatch for our receivers, period. The way to beat the Jags is to run the ball and wear them out. Then take your deep shots sparingly when you can

The Saints have Lattimore but outside of him I think we can pass on their defense. I don't fear a shootout with Drew Brees, who is prone to interceptions at times. And on run defense I believe we can stop Kamara

El Caliente

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1wwyiqb3 said:
Aren't most of the Saints injuries short term deals? Thought most of those guys were coming back.

Agreed on injuries derailing the NFC, however.

The NFC is really shaping up into a real fight to the finish.

Yeah, the Saints get the majority of their injured players back over the next few weeks, Lattimore and Crawley are the 2nd best cb duo (after Jacksonville's duo) according to pff, so having the two of them back, and healthy is a major game changer for our defense. The refs gave that game to Atlanta, with a healthy Saints team playing Atlanta in the Superdome in two weeks the NFL will really see how screwed the Saints were in Atlanta.

GB has new life when Rodgers comes back, and Rodgers could do all of us a solid by knocking Carolina square on their ass, and out of the playoffs this weekend. Should be the 2nd most watched game (if Rodgers plays) after whoever your favorite team is.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawknation2017":yv3xe8gs said:
We know full well about all of the Seahawks' injuries, but look at the rest of the conference . . .

The Eagles and Vikings are being quarterbacked by Nick Foles and Case Keenum. The Rams just lost to the Eagles with Foles playing QB in the 4th quarter, and the Seahawks have already beaten them on the road. The Rams could be missing two starting corners and both offensive tackles this week at the CLINK. The Saints defense has been decimated by injuries, as well. Etc.

It's time to circle the wagons, overcome the odds, and win the NFC West. We remain in control of our own destiny; all the team has to do is find ways to win. In a regular season otherwise defined by injuries, I would consider winning the division this year a major success for the Seahawks.
Inspiring post! You're absolutely right.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sooooo remember when NE D sucked? Now they are #4 in points allowed.

Sadly they are the greatest team I've seen.

rossob

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1ijf3nb3 said:
Just give Brady his next ring. Nobody is stopping him this year.
Well the 5-7 Dolphins were able to.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hopefully we see more of this.... C'mon Shaq time to get your BOOM on:

Richard sherman goff seahawks 12 16 16

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been a strange NFL season to say the least. Way too many injuries to major players around the league, and probably as many upsets as we have ever seen. Still gotta' lace em up, nothing is a lock these days in the NFL.

Latest posts