Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Playoffs start now

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Playoffs start now
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 pm
  • Playing around with the playoff machine, l may be wrong, but I think we need to win all 3 of the 3 remaining games or we are out of the playoffs unless we get a LOT of help.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

Re: Playoffs start now
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:15 am
  • All the team needs to do is win the NFCW to get in. Rams are 1 game up with 3 games to play.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:44 am
  • original poster wrote:All the team needs to do is win the NFCW to get in. Rams are 1 game up with 3 games to play.

Yeah, I think OP is assuming that the Rams can beat the 9ers and the Titans, meaning the Hawks would have to beat the Rams and also win their games against the Cowboys and Cardinals to win the NFCW.

Basically, because the Rams are up by one game with three games to go, the Hawks can beat the Rams but if the Rams win their next two after that and the Hawks don't the Rams still win the NFCW.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:16 am
  • No other way to look at it, Sunday is a playoff game.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm
  • Looking through the various playoff scenarios, I think that if the Seahawks win this coming week they'll make he playoffs. It will give Seattle a critical ninth win and as hard as Seattle's schedule is, Atlanta's and the Panthers is brutal and they play each other. Likewise the Lions and Packers play each other.

If the Seahawks win against the Rams AND Cowboys, I'd say it's overwhelmingly likely that Seattle makes it in some fashion.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 pm
  • This week is the first week I feel as if it's truly a MUST WIN game. Sure every week is important, but I haven't felt that we had to win to make the playoffs until now. To be fair though, I would think the same thing even if we'd won last week. Holding the tiebreaker in the division race is vital to our odds of winning the division. I've said for a few weeks that I don't think we will be in the running for any byes (even though we weren't mathematically eliminated), but now it's basically the division or no playoffs.

Yes we still have a shot at the wildcard, but I just don't see that coming for us this year. Hopefully it won't matter and we'll win this week, but a lot of that is riding on whether or not Wagner can come back from his hamstring injury.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm
  • This is a must win. A loss and its done. A win and we have some hope. Then pray rams lose to titans and hope we beat Dallas.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:37 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:This is a must win. A loss and its done. A win and we have some hope. Then pray rams lose to titans and hope we beat Dallas.

If we win this week, we don't need to hope for any losses, because we'd hold the tiebreaker, so win out and we win the division. Obviously losses by the Rams make things easier, but wins are what we need and they are all winnable games.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:39 pm
  • Agree have to win every game imo. I think that is why they acted the way they did on Sunday knowing that they needed that win.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information