Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The non call

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The non call
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:03 pm
  • That was huge if he doesn't pull him down that's a td all the way and we win by one.
    " I don't come to bow, I come to conquer." Bob Marley
    HommyHawk
    NET Rookie

Re: The non call
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:03 pm
  • Or lose 33-31. I kid, kinda.

Yea Russ said he was going to Paul before the pull down.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 pm
  • It was a good play by the defender knowing he was beaten to save a touchdown. In knowing he was beaten, he blatantly caused a penalty that should have been an easy call. I'm sure they'll say real time it seemed like they were tangled up or some garbage, but considering what gets called as PI in this league.... it's tough to accept that one.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:07 pm
  • We still missed out on multiple opportunities to win regardless of the play. Missed calls happen and it sucks. If it were called we may have won or still lost. I'm sure Pete will bring it up this week with the league.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:09 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:It was a good play by the defender knowing he was beaten to save a touchdown. In knowing he was beaten, he blatantly caused a penalty that should have been an easy call. I'm sure they'll say real time it seemed like they were tangled up or some garbage, but considering what gets called as PI in this league.... it's tough to accept that one.

The Officials of the NFL have nothing to lose if they "blow" a call. IMO...they should be docked $1000 if they miss a game winning play like that.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:11 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:It was a good play by the defender knowing he was beaten to save a touchdown. In knowing he was beaten, he blatantly caused a penalty that should have been an easy call. I'm sure they'll say real time it seemed like they were tangled up or some garbage, but considering what gets called as PI in this league.... it's tough to accept that one.

The Officials of the NFL have nothing to lose if they "blow" a call. IMO...they should be docked $1000 if they miss a game winning play like that.

Should be more than that. They should be ranked and have a certain percentage turned over every year.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:12 pm
  • Great play by the DB, horrible call by the official.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:13 pm
  • It's all moot without three boneheaded INT's. Ridiculous.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:29 pm
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:It's all moot without three boneheaded INT's. Ridiculous.

Absolutely, the picks cost the Hawks, its all about the ball. Bad calls or no calls happen all of the time, and go both ways mostly, but the turnovers were self inflicted.
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:34 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Or lose 33-31. I kid, kinda.

Yea Russ said he was going to Paul before the pull down.

Yep when they showed that replay I was like wow....He beat him so bad and then got pulled down....Russ had just hit his dropback and Prich was going to the ground...if he doesnt get blatantly held I am doing my best Ric Flair impersonation as Prich goes into the endzone for a td...wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Such bullshit

I dont know how they call some things PI or holding but then they miss the most obvious crap right in the middle of the field..its infuriating

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:36 pm
  • No other defense will do that to us, that’s for sure. That was a TOUGH defense
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:49 pm
  • If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Obviously huge miss call but game could have been won with many plays/lack of errors prior. At schedule release figured loss with our east coast/florida usual showing, hurts when have a shot to overcome dumb shit at end but still comes down to lack of complete game. Refs allowed this game to get out of hand early with emotion. Bennett/Jeffersons actions not excusable by any means but things could have been tempered by action earlier. Also being an Iowa Hawkeye fan with a largely belligerent portion of van base understand there are idiots. Being a midwestern Seahawk fan attending mostly away games seen the worst of opposite fan base and also while attending home games in Sea seen our fair share of idiots. Jax fans throwing sh*t at Lockett, who is basically a big kid, after his score intensified it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:53 pm
  • It seemed like our coaches were exceptionally well-prepared last week. I guess they got the marquee win of the regular season, and decided to mail-in this week.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:58 pm
  • A criminal no-call.

Like Lockett's facemask the other week, there is literally no way that wasn't seen. None.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:04 pm
  • Not sure what a few of you are arguing about; multiple things can matter at the same time. If we only get to discuss whatever mattered the most then we should just limit discussion to all of our injured players. We finished the game with probably half of our salary cap out of the game.

The refs definitely blew the PI call but it was 5% on Russ for not throwing it to Paul anyway and forcing them to throw the flag.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 pm
  • Call or no call that was great defense given it prevented a TD.

Should there have been a call? Sure. There wasn't which makes the defensive play that much better.

I cite it as another example of how one team was better coached than the other coming into the game.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 pm
  • Anyone have the video or a link to the non-call?
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone have the video or a link to the non-call?

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:40 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:Not sure what a few of you are arguing about; multiple things can matter at the same time. If we only get to discuss whatever mattered the most then we should just limit discussion to all of our injured players. We finished the game with probably half of our salary cap out of the game.

The refs definitely blew the PI call but it was 5% on Russ for not throwing it to Paul anyway and forcing them to throw the flag.

Funny that you think that forces the flag.

The tackle happened right out in the middle of the field for everyone to see and they did nothing.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone have the video or a link to the non-call?

Thanks

Is he simultaneously tripping him and pulling the facemask? LOL
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 pm
  • The NFL should be ashamed at the piss poor level of officiating. I get tired of saying that every week.

They miss the obvious shit, and then call the imaginary crap they don’t see.

As long as the NFL is getting their desired results it’s all good.

It’s blantant “steering” as no group of people can be that incompetent for so long without being fired!

The NFL is turning into the WWE. It’s “sports entertainment.”

I’m just waiting for a Hawk to be hit over the helmet with a steel chair when the refs are not looking.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:48 pm
  • It’s just so obvious. It’s not like it’s a Hail Mary where everyone is waiting in the end zone bumping into each other. This a free runnner being pulled down on a route and contorted in an unnatural way going to the ground, making it impossibly clear.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:49 pm
  • It was a great situational defensive play, though.

Guy deserves credit. The ref missing the call was some serious icing on the cake for them.

It did seem blatant. Surprising non-call but that's football.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:

Thanks

Is he simultaneously tripping him and pulling the facemask? LOL

Yep, defensive holding and a facemask on the same play.

That’s why you need to take the zebras out of the game early by getting early leads “pedal to the metal” (see XLVIII style) instead of pissing away whole first halves of games trying to “feel teams out”.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:07 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:Funny that you think that forces the flag. The tackle happened right out in the middle of the field for everyone to see and they did nothing.

Absolutely they should have thrown the flag. The ref blew it for sure.

Nevertheless, watch a savvy veteran QB and you'll see them try that throw anyway, which basically does force the Ref to throw the flag. Gaming the refs is just part of everything else.

semiamoo wrote:another example of how one team was better coached than the other coming into the game.

Are you for real or just venting after a loss? A blatant missed call is a lot of things but it certainly is not an example of how the other team is better coached.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:Funny that you think that forces the flag. The tackle happened right out in the middle of the field for everyone to see and they did nothing.

Absolutely they should have thrown the flag. The ref blew it for sure.

Nevertheless, watch a savvy veteran QB and you'll see them try that throw anyway, which basically does force the Ref to throw the flag. Gaming the refs is just part of everything else.

semiamoo wrote:another example of how one team was better coached than the other coming into the game.

Are you for real or just venting after a loss? A blatant missed call is not an example of how the other team is better coached.

A Savvy veteran QB on a team other than Seattle?

Absolutely. They get that call.

Of course every other team in the NFL gets that call WITHOUT the savvy veteran move of throwing the ball there....so there's that.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:13 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:It was a great situational defensive play, though.

Guy deserves credit. The ref missing the call was some serious icing on the cake for them.

"That's Football" when you are a Seahawk, yes.

As others have properly pointed out....this wasn't a judgement call....jostling in a crowd....this WAS A TACKLE IN THE OPEN FIELD.

No flag there was absolutely on purpose, not an accidental oopsie that we shrug our shoulders about.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:20 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:

This sums of the NFL and our season... Just sickening right there
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:47 am
  • Baldwin was mugged as well. No way to miss his mugging either. Definitely intentional no call.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 am
  • semiahmoo wrote:Guy deserves credit. The ref missing the call was some serious icing on the cake for them.

Yeah, the 9ers got bamboozled on a similarly bizarre phantom OPI call in the exact same situation (same time left on the clock, same field position, albeit down by just 2 instead of 6) earlier this year.

It happens sometimes.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 am
  • He flat out was taken to the ground, right in front of the ref. I don't care if he threw it to Baldwin or not, that's still illegal contact on Richardson. No way in hell the ref didn't see that.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information