Russ with bulletin board material for rams

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I think that whole game was "bulletin board material" for us. They're not going to want to feel like this again.

massari

Reaction score
With Wagner, Wright and Davis possibly added to the long list of inactives...idk.

Never say never with Wilson though.

Joey13091

Reaction score
hawknation2017":25ntshry said:
I think that whole game was "bulletin board material" for us. They're not going to want to feel like this again.
Hope so

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
massari":32oleaqr said:
With Wagner, Wright and Davis possibly added to the long list of inactives...idk.

Never say EVER with bevel though. Got the ball, 3rd and 1, 2 1/2 minutes left with 2 timeouts, down by 6 (a TD + PAT wins it), RW just set the record for 4th quarter TDs in a season. All you need is a 1st down, then work it down the field for the win. What do you do? Oh, and you've got 141 yards running, 3rd best of the year. I ask again, what do you do? If you're sane and normal, you line up for a run or maybe a play action to get the 1st, and this is 4-down territory so 2 1/2 yard plys would do it. No, that's not what you do. Your name is darel bevel and you're the smartest MF in the history of football. You line up in a shotgun formation, empty backfield, for a long-developing deep low-percentage pass to get a TD in one play. Never mind that even if this works up by 1 and they have time to drive for a FG to win by 2.

I just have no words. I can't roll my eyes hard enough.

Also, another promising RB injured. They all have one thing in common - our exalted O-line coach/running game coach. As I said in the gameday forum - I won't mention his name, but it rhymes with 'unable'.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Baldwin stepping out a yard before sticks... just knew that was going to haunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":358wzb5x said:
massari":358wzb5x said:

Never say EVER with bevel though. Got the ball, 3rd and 1, 2 1/2 minutes left with 2 timeouts, down by 6 (a TD + PAT wins it), RW just set the record for 4th quarter TDs in a season. All you need is a 1st down, then work it down the field for the win. What do you do? Oh, and you've got 141 yards running, 3rd best of the year. I ask again, what do you do? If you're sane and normal, you line up for a run or maybe a play action to get the 1st, and this is 4-down territory so 2 1/2 yard plys would do it. No, that's not what you do. Your name is darel bevel and you're the smartest MF in the history of football. You line up in a shotgun formation, empty backfield, for a long-developing deep low-percentage pass to get a TD in one play. Never mind that even if this works up by 1 and they have time to drive for a FG to win by 2.

I just have no words. I can't roll my eyes hard enough.

Also, another promising RB injured. They all have one thing in common - our exalted O-line coach/running game coach. As I said in the gameday forum - I won't mention his name, but it rhymes with 'unable'.
Bev called a decent game. Can't make up for 2 special team kick returns and a missed field goal once again on our part for crying out loud. But always making a scapegoat of the offensive coordinator is the easy and sloppy way to rationalize things I guess.

getnasty

Reaction score
Turnovers and big plays were the problem today not Bevell.

Crizilla

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":q0of1nkq said:

Same here. So frustrating

I KNEW Bevell would call something dumb on 3rd and 1 after that. Just knew it. Can't even gain a yard. Pathetic

mrblitz

Reaction score
that sequence on the last seahawks' possession was subpar, but the entire game was riddled with mistakes in all 3 phases -- defense, special teams, offense. going in, there's no way i'd thought of jax putting up 30 points, let alone 23 points on offense. but despite scoring 24, it really wasn't the offense's best day, either.

seeing our running game do that though; that's encouraging. but where is the next every-down-back going to come from?

ifedi definitely had shenanigans with whoever it were he was facing. seemed like there was always something going on, over at right tackle on our o-line... hands to the face, defense, holding #65 on offense, post whistle activity, back and forth all day...

tough game to watch if you're a seahawks fan. great day if blake bortles were your qb in fantasy football (really though, who would have had blake bortles playing for their fantasy squad, going up against the seahawks... i'd thought 9 points max from the jaguars going into today)

getnasty

Reaction score
Crizilla":9o8mu5c8 said:
DJ_CJ":9o8mu5c8 said:

I KNEW Bevell would call something dumb on 3rd and 1 after that. Just knew it. Can't even gain a yard. Pathetic

We gained 400 and scored 24 points on the best d in the league, had he called a run play with Mikissic he would have got stuffed. Russ has to get rid of the ball and not take a sack there. More importantly Doug has to get up field get that first down.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Crizilla":309uiwqx said:
DJ_CJ":309uiwqx said:

Presnap on the third and 1 the corner was playing WAY off Lockett on the right side. A quick out would've easily got the first. Lockett ran a drag with a LB under him so Russ couldn't throw it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Continuing to excuse Bevell at this point is just trolling, hes good sometimes but when hes bad he's real bad.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
adeltaY":18d04opc said:
Crizilla":18d04opc said:
DJ_CJ":18d04opc said:

Presnap on the third and 1 the corner was playing WAY off Lockett on the right side. A quick out would've easily got the first. Lockett ran a drag with a LB under him so Russ couldn't throw it.

Baldwin lowering and getting another yard gives us 4 more ultimately... right in front the sticks... good grief

Ozzy

Reaction score
Calkins corrected his original tweet saying Wilson said they are playing for first place.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anthony!

Reaction score
mrblitz":1d550jyd said:
that sequence on the last seahawks' possession was subpar, but the entire game was riddled with mistakes in all 3 phases -- defense, special teams, offense. going in, there's no way i'd thought of jax putting up 30 points, let alone 23 points on offense. but despite scoring 24, it really wasn't the offense's best day, either.

seeing our running game do that though; that's encouraging. but where is the next every-down-back going to come from?

ifedi definitely had shenanigans with whoever it were he was facing. seemed like there was always something going on, over at right tackle on our o-line... hands to the face, defense, holding #65 on offense, post whistle activity, back and forth all day...

tough game to watch if you're a seahawks fan. great day if blake bortles were your qb in fantasy football (really though, who would have had blake bortles playing for their fantasy squad, going up against the seahawks... i'd thought 9 points max from the jaguars going into today)

Ahh not sure what was so encouraging about the run game 141 yards of which 60 came from Rw and Locket so 81 on 22 carries, for 3.7 ypa but 30 came on 2 runs so we have 20 for 52 wich is 2.5 ypa not good. So the run game is still a huge concern.