Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

OL with best game of the year.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
OL with best game of the year.
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm
  • I thought OL was really good today against probably the best DL in the league. Funny how we get a good game and still end up losing. That what turnovers and big plays will so to you.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2698
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:47 pm
  • I was going to create a thread saying the same thing. Our O-line looked dominant at times against probably the leagues best D. I actually like our chances going forward if the D can still stay competitive with all the injuries.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 841
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:52 pm
  • It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2404
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:53 pm
  • The Oline was good today. It seems to me like the Offense is now the one who has to win games because the defense doesn't seem to be able to do that anymore. I know we lost some important pieces to this defenses puzzle, but imo we didn't look that good beforehand either.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 157
    Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:57 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:58 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.


    But 3 picks are fine everyone
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2698
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:59 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.


    Lol you’re kidding right? We went up against the best defense in the NFL. It was a poor matchup period
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 602
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 am
  • Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.


    No mention of 3 thrown interceptions?
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3138
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:26 am
  • Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.

    Hmm... I think you watched a completely different game. Davis was tearing them a new one, our line had the best run blocking of the year against the number one defense. Russell Wilson had a lot of time in the pocket, despite Bevell calling literal hail marys with no outlets. The line had their best game of the season, and I think one of their best games in years. Britt, especially was doing work today.

    That being said, even with the play calling working against Russ's favor, he has to be smarter than he was today. Throwing into tight double coverage is something I would expect from Rex Grossman or Jay Cutler. His accuracy was also less than desirable. He had multiple opportunities to hit deep bombs and he either missed, or just threw it into DBs hand.

    Russ wasn't the sole reason we lost today, but this is definitely one of his worst games of the year. You need to learn how to call a spade a spade. Russ has a great season, but this game was flat out ugly. He got worked over, and it happens even to QB's such as Brady from time to time. This game was ugly, and Russ was one of our many problems for 85 percent of the game.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2318
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 am
  • adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.


    I know the feeling.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1559
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:That being said, even with the play calling working against Russ's favor, he has to be smarter than he was today. Throwing into tight double coverage is something I would expect from Rex Grossman or Jay Cutler. His accuracy was also less than desirable. He had multiple opportunities to hit deep bombs and he either missed, or just threw it into DBs hand.

    Russ wasn't the sole reason we lost today, but this is definitely one of his worst games of the year. You need to learn how to call a spade a spade. Russ has a great season, but this game was flat out ugly. He got worked over, and it happens even to QB's such as Brady from time to time. This game was ugly, and Russ was one of our many problems for 85 percent of the game.


    Interestingly enough, the Jags picked off Roethlisberger 5 times (two for Pick 6s).

    14 + 7 (long Fournette run) = 21 points

    30 - 21 = 9 points Jaguars scored otherwise

    Steelers scored 9 points total

    Somehow someway the Jags have baited good QBs into making lots of mistakes.

    Maybe you gotta put it on them.

    I'm very curious to see where The Jackson 5 end up this year.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1559
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:06 am
  • getnasty wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.


    But 3 picks are fine everyone


    I never said that. 3 ints are not good, how every neither is a wr stopping running, or a wr being pulled down,whichis why 2 of the ints happened. and again less drops and drive stopping penalties as well as less plays with nothing but go routes and he des not feel like he has to throw deep.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.

    Hmm... I think you watched a completely different game. Davis was tearing them a new one, our line had the best run blocking of the year against the number one defense. Russell Wilson had a lot of time in the pocket, despite Bevell calling literal hail marys with no outlets. The line had their best game of the season, and I think one of their best games in years. Britt, especially was doing work today.

    That being said, even with the play calling working against Russ's favor, he has to be smarter than he was today. Throwing into tight double coverage is something I would expect from Rex Grossman or Jay Cutler. His accuracy was also less than desirable. He had multiple opportunities to hit deep bombs and he either missed, or just threw it into DBs hand.

    Russ wasn't the sole reason we lost today, but this is definitely one of his worst games of the year. You need to learn how to call a spade a spade. Russ has a great season, but this game was flat out ugly. He got worked over, and it happens even to QB's such as Brady from time to time. This game was ugly, and Russ was one of our many problems for 85 percent of the game.


    Perhaps you should rewatch the game and then look at the actual stats. rbs has 22 rushes for 81 yards. however 3o came on 2 carries, that leaves 51 yards good. on 20 carries or 2.5 ypa which is not good. a couple of good runs does not a run game make. as to the rest at least we kind of agree
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:13 am
  • adeltaY wrote:It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true.


    Yeah, said this here about a month ago, but Wilson's style of play makes for a dream for an OC behind a bad O-line, but creates a lot of problems behind a good O-line.

    As PFF noted in their recap, Wilson was pressured 17 times last night, and nearly half of them (8) were defensive pressures he created for himself through how he plays.

    It's the only major part of his game he has yet to develop.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4782
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 am
  • Jacksonville has the best secondary in the league. That combined with Bevell's simplistic route concepts proved too much to overcome. Our receivers were hardly ever open.
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1812
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:21 am
  • So I guess 4 penalties on Ifedi, a huge 40+ yard play called back on a Joeckel blocking penalty, and another on Pocic means nothing when it comes to "game of the year"? Sorry but I disagree with thread topic.

    They blocked OK for the most part but played stupid, and it was too much to overcome. That includes Wilson for playing stupid on least on 2 of those 3 int's.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4760
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 am
  • Seymour wrote:So I guess 4 penalties on Ifedi, a huge 40+ yard play called back on a Joeckel blocking penalty, and another on Pocic means nothing when it comes to "game of the year"? Sorry but I disagree with thread topic.


    Ifedi didn't have four penalties. He had two holding calls declined (one very questionable) and the unusual taunting call for questioning the official about the call. Only the taunting penalty was accepted.

    Overall, Russell had a very clean pocket for most of the game. Before Davis got hurt, the line was doing some good work in the run game.
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1812
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:33 am
  • Yes you are correct, Ifedi did have 3 penalties not 4. Never the less he had them (even if they were not all accepted) and it was part of his play and the oline's play. Add those to the stupid Graham penalty and you have your perfect ingredients for failure once again.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4760
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 am
  • Seymour wrote:Yes you are correct, Ifedi did have 3 penalties not 4. Never the less he had them (even if they were not all accepted) and it was part of his play and the oline's play. Add those to the stupid Graham penalty and you have your perfect ingredients for failure once again.


    The injuries and turnovers were much more devastating to the team's chances of winning this game than the offensive line's penalties. They were going against the #1 sack team in the NFL, with one of the league's best front fours, and they played well for the most part.
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1812
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true.


    Yeah, said this here about a month ago, but Wilson's style of play makes for a dream for an OC behind a bad O-line, but creates a lot of problems behind a good O-line.

    As PFF noted in their recap, Wilson was pressured 17 times last night, and nearly half of them (8) were defensive pressures he created for himself through how he plays.

    It's the only major part of his game he has yet to develop.



    Yeah I went back and looked at the film and I think PFF made a minor mistake with the 8, what they should have said is he created more pressure, he was under pressure before he moves, but by moving he was under even more pressure. They also failed to acknowledge the fact that as the announcers said alot of times all our Wr were running go routes, you cannot sit back in 1 place against the Jacksonville dline long enough for all go routes without getting killed or moving. So not really buying that, if you go back and look at the film there is a lot more to it than what they say. Of course if we want to take what they say as gospel we also have to say RW had a 82+ rating which was high for the game and way above average. and even I don't think he played that well.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:25 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true.


    Yeah, said this here about a month ago, but Wilson's style of play makes for a dream for an OC behind a bad O-line, but creates a lot of problems behind a good O-line.

    As PFF noted in their recap, Wilson was pressured 17 times last night, and nearly half of them (8) were defensive pressures he created for himself through how he plays.

    It's the only major part of his game he has yet to develop.


    I wonder how Wilson compares to the average NFL QB in that respect.

    And you wonder if the height thing is a part of it or not.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1559
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 am
  • Anthony! wrote:and even I don't think he played that well.


    I just spat coffee over my keyboard!
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3138
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:and even I don't think he played that well.


    I just spat coffee over my keyboard!


    :lol:
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1812
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:32 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Yes you are correct, Ifedi did have 3 penalties not 4. Never the less he had them (even if they were not all accepted) and it was part of his play and the oline's play. Add those to the stupid Graham penalty and you have your perfect ingredients for failure once again.


    The injuries and turnovers were much more devastating to the team's chances of winning this game than the offensive line's penalties. They were going against the #1 sack team in the NFL, with one of the league's best front fours, and they played well for the most part.


    I really appreciate you straightening me out there, I must have miss read the thread title. :roll:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4760
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:and even I don't think he played that well.


    I just spat coffee over my keyboard!


    Hmmm I guess you have not read any of my posts about last game were I said he did not play well
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:42 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.

    Hmm... I think you watched a completely different game. Davis was tearing them a new one, our line had the best run blocking of the year against the number one defense. Russell Wilson had a lot of time in the pocket, despite Bevell calling literal hail marys with no outlets. The line had their best game of the season, and I think one of their best games in years. Britt, especially was doing work today.

    That being said, even with the play calling working against Russ's favor, he has to be smarter than he was today. Throwing into tight double coverage is something I would expect from Rex Grossman or Jay Cutler. His accuracy was also less than desirable. He had multiple opportunities to hit deep bombs and he either missed, or just threw it into DBs hand.

    Russ wasn't the sole reason we lost today, but this is definitely one of his worst games of the year. You need to learn how to call a spade a spade. Russ has a great season, but this game was flat out ugly. He got worked over, and it happens even to QB's such as Brady from time to time. This game was ugly, and Russ was one of our many problems for 85 percent of the game.


    Perhaps you should rewatch the game and then look at the actual stats. rbs has 22 rushes for 81 yards. however 3o came on 2 carries, that leaves 51 yards good. on 20 carries or 2.5 ypa which is not good. a couple of good runs does not a run game make. as to the rest at least we kind of agree


    Dude, do you think running backs always get the average yards per carry without the breakout runs? You HAVE to figure all runs in. Go back and take out all Lynch's runs over ten yards and see where his average turns out. Ridiculous.
    User avatar
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1049
    Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:58 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:

    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.

    Hmm... I think you watched a completely different game. Davis was tearing them a new one, our line had the best run blocking of the year against the number one defense. Russell Wilson had a lot of time in the pocket, despite Bevell calling literal hail marys with no outlets. The line had their best game of the season, and I think one of their best games in years. Britt, especially was doing work today.

    That being said, even with the play calling working against Russ's favor, he has to be smarter than he was today. Throwing into tight double coverage is something I would expect from Rex Grossman or Jay Cutler. His accuracy was also less than desirable. He had multiple opportunities to hit deep bombs and he either missed, or just threw it into DBs hand.

    Russ wasn't the sole reason we lost today, but this is definitely one of his worst games of the year. You need to learn how to call a spade a spade. Russ has a great season, but this game was flat out ugly. He got worked over, and it happens even to QB's such as Brady from time to time. This game was ugly, and Russ was one of our many problems for 85 percent of the game.


    Perhaps you should rewatch the game and then look at the actual stats. rbs has 22 rushes for 81 yards. however 3o came on 2 carries, that leaves 51 yards good. on 20 carries or 2.5 ypa which is not good. a couple of good runs does not a run game make. as to the rest at least we kind of agree


    Dude, do you think running backs always get the average yards per carry without the breakout runs? You HAVE to figure all runs in. Go back and take out all Lynch's runs over ten yards and see where his average turns out. Ridiculous.


    okay I will play your gamehis last regular season game he played he got 18 carries for 73 yards and avg 4.1 ypa, However 22 came on 2 carries so he had 16 carries for 51 yards for 3.2 ypa, hmm way better than 2.5. Now lets look at another game were he avg over 4 ypa, he has 122 yards on 27 carries for 4.5 ypa. however, 30 came on 2 carries so we are left with 92 on 25 which is 3.68 ypa again good. See the thing is having to big runs is okay as long as you avg over 3 on the rest, but under 3 that's a problem. We need consistency not a bunch of 1 or less yard runs around 1 for 30.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.


    3 Interceptions by Russel Wilson, why can't you say it. You love to talk about him as a god, its Russ all day everyday but all of the sudden its dropped passes penalties, but no mention of 3 picks. LOL
    907Hawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 355
    Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 pm
    Location: Fairbanks Alaska


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm
  • 907Hawk wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.



    LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.


    3 Interceptions by Russel Wilson, why can't you say it. You love to talk about him as a god, its Russ all day everyday but all of the sudden its dropped passes penalties, but no mention of 3 picks. LOL



    well for one read the actual thread and read what I replied to. Now if you want to talk about Wilsons 3 ints we can, or that he did not play well we can, because he did not, but that was not what the subject or my reply was about. Maybe you should go into the other threads where this is discussed and I say he did not play well. My response was to a generalized statement which was wrong, not to a specific statement about the ints or how Wilson played. But thanks for playing
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 am
  • In the protection department, it was a good game for the OL. Wilson was pressured a bit, but nothing like the George-Fant-against-Markus-Golden days of yore. Given this was on the road, against a good defensive line, on a day when Bevell slipped back into his "nothin' but 4-verts" philosophy, it was a much, much starker test of the OL than any of the last three weeks. Perhaps Marrone was game-planning for what they saw Seattle do to the Eagles (i.e. quick passes, etc.).

    In the running department, I'd have to give a mixed grade. The big runs at the end of the half don't get too much weight, given that they came against a defense that was running prevent in acknowledgement of the two-minute warning. Much of the rest of the time, Davis was getting nothing in the way of creases. He did get some. It was a bit boom-or-bust.

    In the penalties department - ick. There was this weird narrative the last few weeks that Ifedi had turned a corner. Hopefully people can see now that we simply drew officiating crews that were generous to holds. Those penalties were killer.
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15561
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: OL with best game of the year.
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 am
  • Definitely was a much better overall performance for the O Line, and considering who they were going against, that's promising. They just beat themselves as a team. The Hawks are undefeated vs. the Hawks.
    Oh well, on to Sunday, playing for the Division lead.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9275
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA




It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information