Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jimmy Graham has Daryl Turner Syndrome

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jimmy Graham has Daryl Turner Syndrome
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:12 pm
  • 2 more drops that both hurt his team, Seems Graham can only make the money catches when he is in the endzone. Completely reminds me of the Daryl Turner of the late 80's. What was even worse is that 2nd one he got pissed at Russell for putting it towards the back shoulder side even though it was an easy catch ball.
    Bye Jimmy. :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:2 more drops that both hurt his team, Seems Graham can only make the money catches when he is in the endzone. Completely reminds me of the Daryl Turner of the late 80's. What was even worse is that 2nd one he got pissed at Russell for putting it towards the back shoulder side even though it was an easy catch ball.

Lots of easy drops by him as of late, sheesh.
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• He only likes to catch TD's. He doesn't trouble himself with routine catches.
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Got to throw it up to Jimmy..Not low like a short person
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Finally figured out how to use him in the RZ, but with the drops, poor blocking and only on pace for 580 yards and 11 TD's, definitely not worth $10M. Bring him back for about half that salary and it'll be fine.
    Last edited by massari on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:Got to throw it up to Jimmy..Not low like a short person

That's true. I think Russell still hasn't figured out how to use Grahams size to his advantage.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Rookie

• If I remember correctly, it turns out DT had an actual depth perception issue. Diagnosed AFTER his career.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfish wrote:He only likes to catch TD's. He doesn't trouble himself with routine catches.

:ditto: picking up a 1st down with off coverage is meaningless to him. Making a highlight reel TD catch is much more helpful to his cause to cash in this offseason
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• He scared as hell ... i cant believe with his size hes playing like that ...
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Language
    PaVloVa!8
    NET Bench Warmer

• It wasn't a easy pass was it?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

• poly1274 wrote:It wasn't a easy pass was it?

He got both hands on it without diving. That makes it a DROP
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• JG has a difficult time staying focused 100% of the time while on the field.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:It wasn't a easy pass was it?

He doesn't really dive to catch the ball. Even in NO.

And the ball wasn't thrown to him it was thrown more to the right I believe.
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

• Like it or not that is why you have to get him the ball early in the game.
    Our clown of an OC Should have figured that out by now. He’s your biggest mismatch, use him like it.
    JG has his weaknesses and you have to play around them.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Nobody likes saying but he softer than Charmin Ultra vs rough and tough defences. He used to disappear vs us when he was on the Saints as well.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• That's the problem. He's soft. Still a td machine. But if he's not involved he's out to lunch. You knew he was not paying attention anymore when he hadn't had a pass thrown. Plus he gets hit backwards by way smaller dbs. What to do... once again is it that he halfvsucks or bevell sucks. I remember Russ being half suckful earlier and he's not now so...
    evergreen
    NET Starter

• poly1274 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:It wasn't a easy pass was it?

He doesn't really dive to catch the ball. Even in NO.

And the ball wasn't thrown to him it was thrown more to the right I believe.

It was thrown away from the defender. The throw was a little wide, but well within Jimmy's reach with a minimal effort.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• evergreen wrote:That's the problem. He's soft. Still a td machine. But if he's not involved he's out to lunch. You knew he was not paying attention anymore when he hadn't had a pass thrown. Plus he gets hit backwards by way smaller dbs. What to do... once again is it that he halfvsucks or bevell sucks. I remember Russ being half suckful earlier and he's not now so...

Most of us posters here agree with you that Russ has to get the ball to JG early in the game in order to keep him sharp!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:2 more drops that both hurt his team, Seems Graham can only make the money catches when he is in the endzone. Completely reminds me of the Daryl Turner of the late 80's. What was even worse is that 2nd one he got pissed at Russell for putting it towards the back shoulder side even though it was an easy catch ball.

I've never liked the guy, specially because of his attitude on the field, but after that look at RW ... enough ... I don't care if he scores 2 TDs each game, I don't want him in this team.
    "Science is not about being right or wrong, but about gradually approaching truth about the natural world" Chris Stringer
    Joyodongo
    NET Rookie

• His effort is questionable too often. For instance on one of the picks Russ threw on Sunday, he ran his route and didn't even make an effort to become the defender and knock the ball way due to it being underthrown.

Then the drop on second down. Sure it was low and away, but it hit him square in the hands, and 6'7" guys generally have pretty big mitts.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• In my opinion, the Daryl Turner analogy is totally off. However, when it comes to effort, finishing and body language, it does elicit some recall of the last days of Jermaine Kearse.

That is not to say that it is all on the receivers.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• ZorntoLargent wrote:If I remember correctly, it turns out DT had an actual depth perception issue. Diagnosed AFTER his career.

That is true as I recall reading something like that many years ago but Daryl's biggest problem was Snowcaine IMO as his issues with the white powder/rocks all but ruined his life at that time if I remember correctly.

The #81 was all but jinxed for many years until Nate Burleson seemed to get rid of the hex on that player number during his stay with the Hawks.

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Veteran

• I think Graham has already checked out here for regiular plays and will be happy to go to whoever pays him the most. Like the Harvin trade the trade for Graham has not born the fruit expected of the trade.

Besides Bevell seems to have trouble using him, except this year in the redzone; and Russell for some reason cannot throw him passes on the field that Graham can catch.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• While it's true that Russ could get the ball higher to Jimmy, most of his drops were not due to bad throws. I remember a few games ago (Redskins) where he was running free down the left side and Russ dropped it right into his numbers and he dropped it. Drops happen, but frequent drops by a $10mil tight end should not.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• I agree with jammerhawk. Graham has mentally checked out this year. Sure he will be there for us (himself) in the redzone to pad his numbers but that's a means to an end which is to hope for another team to give him a big payday.

Otherwise his value and performance between the 20's is pretty much garbage this year.

The Graham Experiment will be over soon.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• rossob wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Got to throw it up to Jimmy..Not low like a short person

That's true. I think Russell still hasn't figured out how to use Grahams size to his advantage.

:roll: Seriously?
    Look, not all passes can be thrown PERFECTLY, really good receivers & TE's make the tough catches that help their Quarterbacks out.
    It's not like Jimmy G hasn't made some sensational one hand grabs in the last couple Years.
    Wilson sometimes has to pass while running & scrambling his ever lovin' ass off, and that calls for some EXTRA EFFORT by his Receivers to RESCUE an impromptu play, and for the most part, they have been doing just that.
    I miss having Receivers like Joe Jurevicius, who IF he couldn't make the catch, made the CB or whoever was covering him, wary about reaching for the intercept.....Like IF it ain't mine, it sure as hell ain't going to be yours.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Guy drops the ball too much for what he is paid, he's not a first-year rookie.

Catch the damn ball, Jerramy Stevens.

While I thought he was surely on his way to being re-upped here with his red zone tds, I think the drops are going to hurt what the Seahawks offer to pay him. At least that would be my logical conclusion for him.
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• The problem with getting rid of Jimmy Graham is we don't really have another reliable red zone threat.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:The problem with getting rid of Jimmy Graham is we don't really have another reliable red zone threat.

Sounds like a potential issue, but hitting on a running back and getting the oline's holes taken care of can help also.

One other thing to keep in mind. The first 2+ seasons of Graham we didn't really either, so I think you can remove the word reliable from that sentence personally.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Keep him away from the Rams please.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Re: Jimmy Graham has Daryl Turner Syndrome
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:27 am
  • on the interception, the db fooled both russell and jimmy. jimmy thought himself open, but the db was playing a game of 'pretend-to-be-slow-then-accelerate'. by the time the ball had gotten there, the db pulled the trigger and jimmy was like, 'say what?'... if jimmy had been more savvy, he would have noticed what the db were doing, and jimmy would have fought for the ball when it got there. instead jimmy was dumbfounded by the ruse. that was a great play by the db, but jimmy has to pay attention.

on the other one, russell and jimmy weren't communicating. jimmy turned one way, and russell threw the other. not sure who is to 'blame' on that one but it would have been a good catch.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• Sure its slightly to the left, but if he leads him right the ball might be picked or Jimmy is getting laid out..

https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/940733856965103616
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• mrblitz wrote:on the interception, the db fooled both russell and jimmy. jimmy thought himself open, but the db was playing a game of 'pretend-to-be-slow-then-accelerate'. by the time the ball had gotten there, the db pulled the trigger and jimmy was like, 'say what?'... if jimmy had been more savvy, he would have noticed what the db were doing, and jimmy would have fought for the ball when it got there. instead jimmy was dumbfounded by the ruse. that was a great play by the db, but jimmy has to pay attention.

on the other one, russell and jimmy weren't communicating. jimmy turned one way, and russell threw the other. not sure who is to 'blame' on that one but it would have been a good catch.

Yeah I remember the commentators doing a replay of the DB bating. Very Richard Sherman-esque!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Graham is now #2 in the entire NFL in drops with 7.

#1 Marqise Lee (with 8 ) makes 10X less than Graham....literally.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• The Graham story is still being told this season. Two weeks ago I think many here would have lobbied for keeping him. Last week he looked like he wasn't worth a roster spot at veteran minimum salary. He has three regular season games left to improve his side of the argument before unrestricted FA so I imagine he'll be giving plenty of effort around things that can be tracked with stats at least.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 am
  • AgentDib wrote:The Graham story is still being told this season. Two weeks ago I think many here would have lobbied for keeping him. Last week he looked like he wasn't worth a roster spot at veteran minimum salary. He has three regular season games left to improve his side of the argument before unrestricted FA so I imagine he'll be giving plenty of effort around things that can be tracked with stats at least.

I get the idea but if that was the case why didn’t he put the effort in last week against the Jags? That was, after all, his 4th last game (playoffs excluding)?
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    mrblitz wrote:on the interception, the db fooled both russell and jimmy. jimmy thought himself open, but the db was playing a game of 'pretend-to-be-slow-then-accelerate'. by the time the ball had gotten there, the db pulled the trigger and jimmy was like, 'say what?'... if jimmy had been more savvy, he would have noticed what the db were doing, and jimmy would have fought for the ball when it got there. instead jimmy was dumbfounded by the ruse. that was a great play by the db, but jimmy has to pay attention.

Yeah I remember the commentators doing a replay of the DB bating. Very Richard Sherman-esque!

Yeah, Bouye destroyed us this game. Allowed a 0.0 passer rating. I was skeptical when people were saying Jimmy could've knocked it down. I need to see the play again.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Yeah I’m going to check it out properly tomorrow but I’m pretty certain he could have at least batted the ball away.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Graham's overall effectiveness has dropped quite a bit (averaging only a little over 9 yards per reception), but he's such a red zone force that it would be hard to let him go. He has been an absolute beast down there.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

• JimmyG wrote:Graham's overall effectiveness has dropped quite a bit (averaging only a little over 9 yards per reception), but he's such a red zone force that it would be hard to let him go. He has been an absolute beast down there.

Exactly my point. All the stats barring red zone TD’s point to him not worthy of another $10M+ contract but TD’s are good in this league.

It certainly won’t be a case of him coming back to the team with his tail between his legs after an unsuccessful free agency tester. A good few teams will throw proper money at him IMO.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• JG has had a tendency to just "check out" it seems during some games this season and it's been getting worse of late unless they are in the Red Zone.

He hates blocking and weather this is why he is becoming un-interested in giving 100% all the time , who knows, but it's certainly become an issue at least IMO.

Let him walk, spend the money on someone or someone's that will give 100% all the time and move on.

We will get some kind of compensatory pick so maybe we can make it better in the long run with another gem in the rough.

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:I get the idea but if that was the case why didn’t he put the effort in last week against the Jags? That was, after all, his 4th last game (playoffs excluding)?

I'm still not ready to watch the all-22 on that game. The only thing that stood out from the broadcast footage was his failure to prevent the interception, but poor overall play is often conflated with lack of effort.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:Graham is now #2 in the entire NFL in drops with 7.

#1 Marqise Lee (with 8 ) makes 10X less than Graham....literally.

Where did you hear this?

Football Outsiders seems to think differently -

Evan Engram - 9
    Amari Cooper - 9
    Dee Bryant - 9

Devante Adams - 8
    Marqise Lee - 8
    Damaryius Thomas - 8
    Marquise Goodwin - 8
    Carlos Hyde. - 8
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information