Wagner goes out, Jax offense scores 3 TDs in 3 plays.

renofox

Reaction score
How can one player be THAT important to a team?

Are the rest of the Seahawks defensive players really that incompetent? DC? What?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wagner is to the defense what Russell Wilson is to the offense. I knew this game was a loss once Wagner was deemed out. Then Wright went out too. This defense is decimated.

rossob

Reaction score
1. Losing your MLB is hard in general
2. Even harder if you are unprepared
3. More so if he is on a DPOY Level and the substitutes are on a ST level

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Wagner and/or Wright are out for any amount of time, the Seahawks chances of making the playoffs are in serious jeopardy. The Seahawks are out of the playoffs as it stands right now (if the season ended today). Hopefully both are back for next week. Packers won, Lions won, the Cowboys won and all are one game behind the Seahawks.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Base defense doesn't do anything that creative. Line up and beat you. Wagner is one of the most athletic linebackers in the NFL and compliments that with an incredible intelligence for the game. He fully deserves DPOY, not someone you just 'replace'.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawkfan68":f3tx2dse said:
If Wagner and/or Wright are out for any amount of time, the Seahawks chances of making the playoffs are in serious jeopardy.

If they do not return....and we lose more players due to suspensions.......it's not looking good.

I see that we are an early 2.5 point Favorite.......that's good.

hawker84

Reaction score
It also doesn't help when you DC is drawing up calls where your LB is on an island with a wide receiver. Can someone please explain to me why KJ was on a wide receiver?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
hawkfan68":9bq7spr8 said:
If Wagner and/or Wright are out for any amount of time, the Seahawks chances of making the playoffs are in serious jeopardy. The Seahawks are out of the playoffs as it stands right now (if the season ended today). Hopefully both are back for next week. Packers won, Lions won, the Cowboys won and all are one game behind the Seahawks.

Falcons won too...it's looking like the only way we make the playoffs is with a division title. Dicey at best right now.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
hawker84":2bwpazbo said:
It also doesn't help when you DC is drawing up calls where your LB is on an island with a wide receiver. Can someone please explain to me why KJ was on a wide receiver?

The same way Lockett got open while covered by a linebacker. KJ is faster than people think but his coverage is only good for so long. His coverage requires the defensive line to get home and that didn't happen.

If KJ is still in concussion protocol and with the suspensions for next week, our D is going to be a shell. Since we are over the cap, we aren't even going to have enough money to sign people from the practice squad to fill the gap.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Can't we cut Lacey and get some money? Could extend Jimmy, D Brown, Earl, or Sherman and save $.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Wagner is a key cog to our defense but it was really compounded by our other injuries. Having a hall of fame middle linebacker compensates for a lot and when he went out we looked like the mediocre defense that we are with so many out.

Our backups have actually played pretty great this year considering but every franchise has the occasional year where too many key injuries sabotages a season.

rossob

Reaction score
I read on the Jaguar forum that Telvin Smith not playing in their game last week against the Colts was the first time this year that one of their starters on defense was missing. Just goes to show that the better team oftentimes just is the healthier team.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Why is no one talking about how bad Earl Thomas was in this game? I mean, yeah, Wagner clearly super important but wow I thought Earl blew it on a number of cases. Late, or wrong choices leading to huge gains or TDs.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Wagner is world class. He wasn't the only reason we lost but the guy is the #1 linebacker in the league and has been for the last few season IMO.

A GREAT player and representative of the organization.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah. We lost the best player on the team halfway through the game. It's a huge drop off from him. I'm really not sure it should have been THAT significant though. However, it was compounded by other existing injuries as well.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawker84":yvrsecpk said:

Because their OC designed it that way.

Seriously...people...we're not playing against robots. There is another, CONSCIOUS, team out there trying to beat us. You know...humans. With sentience.

Trying to get WR's matched up on LB's is 75% of an OC's job when it comes to the passing game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And then in the 4th quarter, 2 long touchdown passes by Russ. What's with both defenses just giving up wide open TD's like that?