Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

It All Comes Down To Next Week Against The Rams

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:We win and I'll say we are in. Lose? Done.

Even if we win I think we loose to the Cowboys and the Rams win the last 2 -> out of playoffs
    "Science is not about being right or wrong, but about gradually approaching truth about the natural world" Chris Stringer
    Joyodongo
    NET Rookie

• Joyodongo wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:We win and I'll say we are in. Lose? Done.

Even if we win I think we loose to the Cowboys and the Rams win the last 2 -> out of playoffs

And the Rams could lose at Tennessee. That's a 10 a.m. game, and the Titans have played well at home.

Ain't over till it's over. Go Hawks!
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Yeah I still think the Rams lose to the Titans. Which is why I think this game next week is huge. Rams aren't an unstoppable force, like us, they can lose to any decent opponent.

Keep an eye on the injury reports, Rams could be without both their starting corners.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Rams D sucks. Other than that D Line, they have nothing. Teams are putting up 30 burgers on them all the time, and the Hawks will do the same. Gotta' watch the cheap shots though. Take a look at the replay of the Wentz injury, that guy was flat out going for the knees, period.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Rams D sucks. Other than that D Line, they have nothing. Teams are putting up 30 burgers on them all the time, and the Hawks will do the same. Gotta' watch the cheap shots though. Take a look at the replay of the Wentz injury, that guy was flat out going for the knees, period.

Wow this post is way off the mark.

For one thing, Seattle's offense put up 16 on the Rams earlier this year - off of 5 turnovers. So we have that to go off of for reference.

Philly, SF and Dallas are the only teams to throw up 30 points on the Rams this year - and even after the Eagles game we're averaging giving up 20 PPG, and for a while now the Rams were top 10 (now we're 12th I believe) in scoring defense.

You can't be serious with the cheap shots quote? Wentz dove head first to get into the end zone and two guys were trying to stop him - going low is what the NFL is getting players to do to avoid head injuries. They were just trying to stop him from scoring and it's not even close to a dirty play.

The Rams pass defense is very good. One CB is out, but it looks like our top CB will be playing. The Rams have one of the best pass defenses in the NFL, and the secondary is very good.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• If Wagner plays at 75% or better we win. If not, we lose.

Pretty simple, IMHO.

If Wagner is out, Gurley will DESTROY.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

• That's your opinion Ram and that's fine. Your team has been getting shredded in the air. Why is the guy throwing his shoulder directly in to his knee? Why not go for the ball?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:That's your opinion Ram and that's fine. Your team has been getting shredded in the air. Why is the guy throwing his shoulder directly in to his knee? Why not go for the ball?

He's just trying to tackle him and prevent him from scoring - Wentz was moving, not the easiest play to think about where you're hitting a guy.

Rams pass defense:

Yards - 11th

Yards/attempt - 9th

TD allowed - 11th

Interceptions - 5th

Passer rating against - 5th

Sacks - 3rd

All of these rankings were obviously MUCH better before playing Carson Wentz, who has been the best QB in the NFL this year. But still - top 11 in every category and top 5 in a few...
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• Fair enough, they still give up a lot of points in games. And they're gonna' on Sunday. Should be a hell of a game, by far the best 2 teams in the division.

They gave up:
    27 to Washington
    39 to the Niners, yes the Niners
    30 to the Cowboys
    43 to the Eagles (well, minus the Defensive TD for Philly)
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seahawks favored by 2.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• The Rams are dangerous. It's going to be a challenging game.

The things working in our favor are improved play by the Seahawks offensive line, particularly by Duane Brown, and some fairly weak play by the Rams' cornerbacks (at least in comparison to the blanket coverage we witnessed against Jacksonville).

Their rookie SS John John Johnson III is actually a very good player. The play from both of their safeties has been pretty strong in terms of their cover skills. Not hard hitting, downhill guys, but they have good instincts.

We also need to attack the middle of the field in the passing game. Their LBs are pretty weak in coverage.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• I'm so nervous.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Can the Seahawks establish a running game and make the Rams pay for overaggressive pursuit into the backfield?

The Rams are ranked 30th in rushing yards allowed per carry and 28th in rushing yards allowed per game.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Game is a toss up, and it should be when 2 teams are battling for the division lead. Bring it on.
    Hawks are also a dangerous team that the Rams have to deal with.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• 12thbrah wrote:this will not be your typical rams seahawks low score slugfest. With these offenses and pedestrian defenses there will be fireworks.

It would not surprise me to see that a Field Goal determines the winner in the last minute of the game. 30-27
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Rams are going to kick us in the teeth and end the misery that this and the past two seasons have been.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Says the guy who claimed we would get smoked by the Eagles. :34853_doh:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Says the guy who claimed we would get smoked by the Eagles. :34853_doh:

This is the .NET.

After we lose a game, we won't win another game again this season.

After we win a game, we are unstoppable.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Says the guy who claimed we would get smoked by the Eagles. :34853_doh:

I picked the Jags to win. Do I get credit for that?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Rams D sucks. Other than that D Line, they have nothing. Teams are putting up 30 burgers on them all the time, and the Hawks will do the same. Gotta' watch the cheap shots though. Take a look at the replay of the Wentz injury, that guy was flat out going for the knees, period.

I wouldn't say they suck but they have definitely struggled as of late.

The Rams defense over the past four weeks:

28th in points allowed
    29th in yards allowed
    28th in passing yards allowed
    28th in rushing yards allowed
    32nd in opponent yards per carry (over 5.1)
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• FPI has Seattle as 66 percent favorites in the game, and should they prevail the Seahawks would become 69 percent favorites in the division and have an 83 percent chance at the playoffs. A loss drops those numbers to 3 percent and 27 percent.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2175 ... fl-week-15
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• The Rams defense manhandled that Jags offense in Jacksonville and harassed Bortles all game. The same Bortles we only touched once on what was arguably a late hit by Frank Clark. The Titans also suck. They just lost a game where they put up 7 points on the Cards of all teams. Mariota's hammy has been bad for a while and indications are he might need cleanup surgery. The Rams should handle them.

The Rams defense is good. They're 4th in DVOA. They also play very well against our offense. Like Ramfan said, they held us to 16 points when we forced FIVE turnovers. That's just embarrassing for our offense. Russell is going to have to play the game of his life to win this one.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:I'm all for the battle. But it is really down to week to week. I don't see how anyone can make predictions. We are in the corner of city facing the Huns right now. Basically praying for victory............I'll start praying :D

Very true, but we still have a large quantity of hot oil to pour on them when they attack.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

• Have people not learned that the NFL is a week to week league. I see so many people use this type of logic:

We lost to the Titans, the Titans lost to Arizona, therefore Arizona must be better than us. Or, the Jags lost to the Rams, and we lost to the Jags, therefore the Rams are better than us.

So are the Dolphins better than pretty much every team the Patriots beat this season? I guess the Dolphins are the best team in the NFL since they just beat the defending champs.

The NFL is all about matchups. What the Rams did against the Jags has nothing to do with us.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Well if the Rams could get consistent pressure on a line that blanked our DL, their DL is probably better than ours.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Have people not learned that the NFL is a week to week league. I see so many people use this type of logic:

We lost to the Titans, the Titans lost to Arizona, therefore Arizona must be better than us. Or, the Jags lost to the Rams, and we lost to the Jags, therefore the Rams are better than us.

So are the Dolphins better than pretty much every team the Patriots beat this season? I guess the Dolphins are the best team in the NFL since they just beat the defending champs.

The NFL is all about matchups. What the Rams did against the Jags has nothing to do with us.

Agree completely.

Except. After Rams beat Jags this group of fans acts like Jags suck. Hawks lose to Jags and omg it's just a game on the road v a good team.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• This is going to be a high scoring affair, I bet.

The Rams D has been far from dominating the last few weeks and no doubt the Rams O will get theirs on Sunday.

Whether this translates into points is yet to be determined but I expect both Russ and Goff to have plenty of yards through the air.

This may well be the game an actual RB gets close to 100 yards, too!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Looking forward to the Hawks getting it done on Sunday, only to come on here and not see a single Debbie Downer admitting they were wrong, yet again :2thumbs:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• I don't see rams losing 2 of 3. So hawks will need to win out. Rams and Dallas worry me.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Any updates on Bobby Wagner or KJ Wright.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like they won't know til Saturday or even game time on Bobby. Concussion stuff on KJ so fingers crossed.
    My guess would be KJ plays, and Bobby comes back for the Dallas game. Hope to be wrong and they both play on Sunday.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• K.J.’s in the protocol and that’s up to the (doctors),” Carroll said of Wright’s Week 15 status before adding, "Bobby’s going to go all the way through the week as he has the last couple weeks, so we’ll have to wait and see.”

On Wagner, Carroll expanded a bit, noting, "He’s very upbeat and very positive. He’s planning on getting ready. That’s what he’s doing.”

More information on Wagner and Wright’s availability for Sunday’s game against the Rams should come as the team distributes its daily practice reports, as well as when Carroll meets with the media on Friday, a day the team will also submit its gameday status report to the NFL.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/12/13 ... t-and-more
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2017 wrote:
    Joyodongo wrote:

And the Rams could lose at Tennessee. That's a 10 a.m. game, and the Titans have played well at home.

Ain't over till it's over. Go Hawks!

Mariotta has a bum ankle. Rams will feast on them. Its pretty simple. Hawks win out or go home. If they can't win out they don't deserve to be in.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:We win and I'll say we are in. Lose? Done.

This.

This game is huge.
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:

This.

This game is huge.

Im so nervous. Huge regular season game. @clink. Backs against the wall.

Let's go.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• I have a really good feeling about it!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Previous

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information