Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

It All Comes Down To Next Week Against The Rams

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • It's like this week never happened with both us and the Rams losing. It all comes down to next week. Win next week and we likely take the division.

We lost to a really great team on the road, it happens.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Need Wagner and Wright to be healthy somehow someway.
    Russell Wilson - "My focus isn't just getting back. Getting back isn't good enough. We EXPECT to win it all."

SuperFreak
    NET Veteran

• We win and I'll say we are in. Lose? Done.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Go Hawks! Beat the hell out of the Rams (somehow)!
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• This game kind of has a doe or die feel to it. Win and we are in, lose and we probably won't get in even as a wild card.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Yes, oh my, we need Bobby Wagner....would have won today with him in there.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• With no Richardson, bennet, bobby, wright, Sherman, avril, or Kam.

LoL
    stang233
    NET Rookie

• The fact that we've looked like a playoff team for one game out of 13 and have a chance to make the playoffs is rather embarrassing. After today's performance this team has no business in the playoffs.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• Actually it all will come down to titans/rams because we will lay an egg against Dallas
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• I don't know about anybody else but I had them losing todays game anyway. Sucks how, but it ain't over yet. Just have to beat the Rams. Then we'll see.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• If we have Bobby and KJ I feel confident in a win. Without them I don't think so.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:If we have Bobby and KJ I feel confident in a win. Without them I don't think so.

And lets hope the Dline does a good job without Richardson, Jefferson and most likely Bennett. Not that they were that great today...
    I don't have clue how they were that good against the Eagles oline + Wentz and sucked b**** against the Jags oline + Bortles
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Rookie

• rossob wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:If we have Bobby and KJ I feel confident in a win. Without them I don't think so.

And lets hope the Dline does a good job without Richardson, Jefferson and most likely Bennett. Not that they were that great today...
    I don't have clue how they were that good against the Eagles oline + Wentz and sucked b**** against the Jags oline + Bortles

Home field advantage....and we were playing on grass today.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Did we already win the last two games?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• ducks41468 wrote:The fact that we've looked like a playoff team for one game out of 13 and have a chance to make the playoffs is rather embarrassing. After today's performance this team has no business in the playoffs.

I said something similar a couple weeks ago. This team is a pretender. Has been for some time.

Big changes need to happen. Hope Wilson really starts throwing his weight around with the front office/ownership. He needs to get more comfortable doing that.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks win this easily.

I think the Rams are gonna choke their next 3 games.
    Mizak
    NET Rookie

• If we can just find a way to win next week, the Seahawks take control of the division and are in control of their own destiny to the playoffs.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Game of the Season next week. Agree with the OP.

Win and we likely win the division. Lose and well...Good luck.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• semiahmoo wrote:I said something similar a couple weeks ago. This team is a pretender. Has been for some time..

You got some winning lottery numbers for us too?

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Hawk-Lock wrote:It's like this week never happened with both us and the Rams losing. It all comes down to next week. Win next week and we likely take the division.

damn straight

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Atradees wrote:Yes, oh my, we need Bobby Wagner....would have won today with him in there.

yes. true. any word?

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Any news on KJ?

I also believe I saw that Whitworth got hurt for the Rams, he is a big part of that offensive line.

Rams lost Kayvon Webster for the season to a ruptured achillies. Their top corner Trumaine Johnson is also in the concussion protocol. Could be a big hit for the Rams this weekend.

It doesn't look like we are the only team that sustained some big injuries this week.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• KJ is in concussion protocol I believe. Just have to see how he responds. Tough sledding next week if him, Richardson, Bobby, and Bennett are out.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Any news on KJ?

I also believe I saw that Whitworth got hurt for the Rams, he is a big part of that offensive line.

Rams lost Kayvon Webster for the season to a ruptured achillies. Their top corner Trumaine Johnson is also in the concussion protocol. Could be a big hit for the Rams this weekend.

It doesn't look like we are the only team that sustained some big injuries this week.

He took a pretty wicked earhole shot. Can never tell with the concussion protocol. Really sucks. We lose our starting MLB our starting OLB and our backup MLB.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Any news on KJ?

He took a pretty wicked earhole shot. Can never tell with the concussion protocol. Really sucks. We lose our starting MLB our starting OLB and our backup MLB.

We lost our backup MLB? How and who is that?
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Rookie

• Are you guys assuming Richardson and Bennett will be suspended? I doubt that. You have to do a lot to get suspended. AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey avoided suspensions and their fight was much worst.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• rossob wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

KJ.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• rossob wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

I think he meant K.J. Wright is both our WLB and backup MLB.

I would expect Wright to be back, just based on previous history and the way he walked off on his own accord. But you never can know for sure with the protocol.

Wagner has been playing through a hamstring injury for a while. He barely practiced this week, except for the walk through. Hopefully it is something manageable, but I would not expect him back next week until learning more.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Are you guys assuming Richardson and Bennett will be suspended? I doubt that. You have to do a lot to get suspended. AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey avoided suspensions and their fight was much worst.

Yeah, where is that BS coming from???
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Actually it came down to this week. The season is over for all intents and purposes. The best case scenario is the team gets blown out in the divisional round, just like the last 2 seasons. They had a chance to avoid that with the proper outcomes this week, it didn't happen.

Of course I will be rooting for them to win every game they play until it is over, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they missed the playoffs, it could potentially be the wake up call this organization needs to make actual changes, instead of doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different result.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:Actually it came down to this week. The season is over for all intents and purposes. The best case scenario is the team gets blown out in the divisional round, just like the last 2 seasons. They had a chance to avoid that with the proper outcomes this week, it didn't happen.

Of course I will be rooting for them to win every game they play until it is over, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they missed the playoffs, it could potentially be the wake up call this organization needs to make actual changes, instead of doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different result.

What if they get to play the Eagles in the divisional round without Carson Wentz? Or the Vikings who look very vulnerable?

Never give up, unless you are a coward. "Come back with your shield - or on it"
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2017 wrote:
    Fade wrote:Actually it came down to this week. The season is over for all intents and purposes. The best case scenario is the team gets blown out in the divisional round, just like the last 2 seasons. They had a chance to avoid that with the proper outcomes this week, it didn't happen.

What if they get to play the Eagles in the divisional round without Carson Wentz? Or the Vikings who look very vulnerable?

Never give up, unless you are a coward. "Come back with your shield - or on it"

The Eagles or Vikings will destroy the Hawks if they can make it that far. They will be coming off byes nice & fresh. The Seahawks will be too beat up having played an extra playoff game already. Sound familiar.

I have seen this movie too many times, going on 3 years. It is beyond predictable, and boring.

What do you mean by the coward comment?
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• :pukeface:
    Mizak wrote:Seahawks win this easily.

I think the Rams are gonna choke their next 3 games.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
    HawkerD
    NET Starter

• Aros wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:I said something similar a couple weeks ago. This team is a pretender. Has been for some time..

You got some winning lottery numbers for us too?

3 89 88 54 50 72 and 12

Bet these numbers next week for optimal success.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm all for the battle. But it is really down to week to week. I don't see how anyone can make predictions. We are in the corner of city facing the Huns right now. Basically praying for victory............I'll start praying :D
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• I would agree with those that think chances are slim to none as things stand now. Things change every week. You can't predict who will get hurt. Look at the Eagles. They were flying high and boom, they're on the ropes with only 2 losses. This league is about match ups more than anything else. You need some luck along the way. It just so happens that the Hawks need a bit more luck than most teams at this point, but I'll hold out hope that a few things will turn our way still.

I do think if things stay the relatively the same from here on, we will more than likely not make it in the tournament. I have a bad feeling about the Dallas game even with a win against the Rams. The Hawks aren't going to get any breaks at Dallas. They're going to have to bring it and make it a no doubter if they want to get out of there with a W. The zebras are going to be on it for that game.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Bench Warmer

• I honestly think we beat the rams and fall to Dallas.

Its pretty close to missing the playoffs and it'll be so weird not seeing them in it if it happens.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:It's like this week never happened with both us and the Rams losing. It all comes down to next week. Win next week and we likely take the division.

Hey so.

Rams beat Jags on the road.

You all acted like that was meaningless.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• As to thread title.

For the immediate, it does come down to our game. As we have known for a long time now.

I’m very curious to see Rams play in Seattle.

A Rams win pretty much ends your season. So I expect what I saw v Eagles.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• If we win next week, will we be able to stop Dallas and their running game with Zeke returning? Going to be a tough 3 games. I've buckled in for the ride.
    Make Seahawks Great Again.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• I said last week that the Eagles need to take their frustrations out on the RAMS. They Did. Seahawks need to do the same. They beat the RAMS next Sunday, the division is theirs for the taking.
    SPIRITOF12
    NET Starter

• Props to those who still have hope in this season. I lost mine yesterday. The inconsistency's this team has from coaching on down is just hard to watch. PC taking his foot off the gas before halftime running out the clock to bring in "mr. automatic" for a field goal is a prime example. Zero discipline on both sides of the ball spell one thing. Carroll has completely lost this team. The meltdown at the end of the game is what we usually see every year at the end of a playoff loss. This year our season ended at week 13. We will be facing the Rams without Sherman, Chancellor, Avril and now you can add Wagner and Wright to that list. There's also a very good chance Bennett, Richardson and Jefferson will all be suspended for this weeks desperation game. That's seven starters out against a very potent Rams Offense. Its over fella's
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

• RCATES wrote:Props to those who still have hope in this season. I lost mine yesterday. The inconsistency's this team has from coaching on down is just hard to watch. PC taking his foot off the gas before halftime running out the clock to bring in "mr. automatic" for a field goal is a prime example. Zero discipline on both sides of the ball spell one thing. Carroll has completely lost this team. The meltdown at the end of the game is what we usually see every year at the end of a playoff loss. This year our season ended at week 13. We will be facing the Rams without Sherman, Chancellor, Avril and now you can add Wagner and Wright to that list. There's also a very good chance Bennett, Richardson and Jefferson will all be suspended for this weeks desperation game. That's seven starters out against a very potent Rams Offense. Its over fella's

Thank god for that, I'll avoid the game Sunday at all costs.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Most players aren't out multiple weeks when put in the concussion protocol. If forced to assume I'd assume Wright plays next week.

As for Wagner, it was a hamstring, right? That could be a tweak and no time missed, or multiple weeks out. Really no tea leaves to read on that one.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• I could see us beating the Rams next week but losing at Dallas and ultimately losing the division despite sweeping the Rams. That’s just the kind of infuriating, inconsistent crap this team had been doing all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Starter

• This game is huge. Obviously we've struggled in Seattle, and the only environment we've played in this year that comes close to that is the Vikings, which we lost.

But then the Rams haven't lost two in a row this year, and have played well on the road overall at 5-1.

If the Rams win, Seattle's chances of making the playoffs come way, way down. If the Seahawks win (and the Panthers and Falcons), then the Rams would be out of the playoffs, which is crazy to think.

I have a hard time seeing either of these teams missing the playoffs, but the reality is, the loser very well might.

I too see the Seahawks struggling with the resurgent Cowboys, but then it's obviously no lock that the Rams beat the Titans either.

It really sucks for the Rams that the first time we're this good in 13 years, the NFC is fielding a ridiculous amount of playoff contending teams.

This is the biggest game for the Rams in a long time.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:It's like this week never happened with both us and the Rams losing. It all comes down to next week. Win next week and we likely take the division.

Hey so.

Rams beat Jags on the road.

You all acted like that was meaningless.

Rams are a grass team. Seahawks always struggle on grass fields. Cue the first Rams game in LA. We barely won.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Ramfan128 wrote:This game is huge. Obviously we've struggled in Seattle, and the only environment we've played in this year that comes close to that is the Vikings, which we lost.

But then the Rams haven't lost two in a row this year, and have played well on the road overall at 5-1.

If the Rams win, Seattle's chances of making the playoffs come way, way down. If the Seahawks win (and the Panthers and Falcons), then the Rams would be out of the playoffs, which is crazy to think.

I have a hard time seeing either of these teams missing the playoffs, but the reality is, the loser very well might.

I too see the Seahawks struggling with the resurgent Cowboys, but then it's obviously no lock that the Rams beat the Titans either.

It really sucks for the Rams that the first time we're this good in 13 years, the NFC is fielding a ridiculous amount of playoff contending teams.

This is the biggest game for the Rams in a long time.

I'm a 9ers fans so of course I have a ton of trouble rooting for the Rams (much more so than the Seahawks TBH -- for 9ers rivalries I'd say 1. Rams and 2. Cowboys), but I'm rooting for them to win the division this year. Once my team is out of it I just always prefer the up and comers to the stalwarts.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• this will not be your typical rams seahawks low score slugfest. With these offenses and pedestrian defenses there will be fireworks.
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information