Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Jaguars)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ah what the hell, a day early...

This is precisely the game the Seahawks lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, having to travel 20 miles short of 3,000 miles to play an AFC team that happens to possess the league's #1 defense.

Yet I am strangely confident about this game. Why? Two simple reasons.

Blake Bortels and Russell Wilson in December. Checkmate.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Jaguars 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 9 - 3

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'll pick the hawks too, but I think we will have Red Zone troubles this week. I see a low scoring game.

16-13 Hawks

9-3 YTD

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I wasn't sure the Hawks could play a clean game and beat an elite team and I was wrong. I was expecting another sloppy game like the Falcons game: A game the Hawks could win, but they just didn't play good enough. It's going to take more of what we saw Sunday night to beat the Jags. Calais Campbell has been wreaking havoc and he has always feasted on Wilson. Hopefully the Hawks are ready, but before I predict a win against another good Defense I need the Hawks to prove it again.

Seahawks 13
Jaguars 16

My Record to Date: 8-4

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jags - 17
Hawks - 16

I've been wrong all year so lets continue the trend

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seems this thread occurs earlier every week. Like Christmas music. Will we see the Rams prediction thread before the end of the week? ;)

I'll edit this post with my prediction once I see the Friday injury report.

EDIT: We got a ref who throws flags.

JAX 17
SEA 9

YTD: 7-5

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Aros":i9o4ryyw said:
Ah what the hell, a day early...

This is precisely the game the Seahawks lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, having to travel 20 miles short of 3,000 miles to play an AFC team that happens to possess the league's #1 defense.

Yet I am strangely confident about this game. Why? Two simple reasons.

Blake Bortels and Russell Wilson in December. Checkmate.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Jaguars 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 9 - 3
Great call Todd.

2_0_6

Reaction score
2 things worry me about this game..

1. This game is on grass
2. Calais Campbell

Hawks 23
Jags 20

In OT

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":fko4hu4f said:
2 things worry me about this game..

1. This game is on grass
2. Calais Campbell

Hawks 23
Jags 20

In OT

Spot on! Campbell is a freaking beast. I'm honestly concerned for Wilson's safety if he gets hit by him...

adeltaY

Reaction score
20 points against the Jags defense would be very impressive in my opinion. We cannot afford any turnovers against these guys, which will be tough given how good they are at forcing them. Bortles can absolutely beat us, but the chances of that are slim if we put some pressure on him. Shut down the run, force Bortles to beat us through the air, play physically against their receivers, and sack Blake. Their WR corp is decimated but underrated. Heard good things about Westbrook and Cole and Hurns might be coming back. Marquise lee could be great if he didn't commit as many critical drops.

Let's go with 20-16 Seahawks.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerhawk":34ivqgtd said:
Campbell is a freaking beast. I'm honestly concerned for Wilson's safety if he gets hit by him...

You guys act as if we have never faced the man before. He's good, but he ain't God. Settle down, lol.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2oa7fkzz said:
Jerhawk":2oa7fkzz said:
Campbell is a freaking beast. I'm honestly concerned for Wilson's safety if he gets hit by him...

You guys act as if we have never faced the man before. He's good, but he ain't God. Settle down, lol.

He single handedly destroyed some of our games while on the Cardinals. Joekel is no match for him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I mean he's basically wrecked us every time we faced him, especially at the Clink. That baseball swing celebration was a constant "spectacle" for us at home.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Honestly, as I take a look at this Jaguars team ... I see a "good" team ... but I just don't know that I see a "great" team. Sure on paper they have the #1 Defense in the NFL, but as I look at this team, I'm wondering if seeing a bit of a Macy's float here. Just consider their schedule since Week 6 ...

Week 6 -- vs. Rams (9-3) -- 27-17 Loss
Week 7 -- @ Colts (3-9) -- 27-0 Win
Week 8 -- BYE
Week 9 -- vs. Bengals (5-7) -- 23-7 Win
Week 10 -- vs. Chargers (6-6) -- 20-17 Win (OT)
Week 11 -- @ Browns (0-12) -- 19-7 Win
Week 12 -- @ Cardinals (5-7) -- 27-24 Loss
Week 13 -- vs. Colts (3-9) -- 30-10 Win

Leonard Fournette has been a bit banged up with an ankle injury. He was held to just 25 yards rushing by the Cards ... and then just had 57 yards against the Colts (who aren't exactly known as a run stuffing team). So, I see the Seahawks doing what they do best -- stuffing the run and making this Jags team 1 dimensional. Sheldon Richardson was putting on a clinic against the Eagles, blowing things up, and tossing guys around like a rag doll. If Richardson, Clark, Bennett, and the rest of the Defensive Line can have that same kind of game as last week, then there is no way in the world that I see this Jags team beating the Seahawks.

That to me is the key to the game, as the Hawks are going to force Blake Bortles to beat them. No way. You'd have an easier time convincing me of the existence of alien life on other planets :greetingsearthling: than of Blake Bortles beating the Seattle Seahawks.

I know Calais Campbell is going to be problematic ... but since Duane Brown has come on board, this offensive line has improved immensely. I know that this is the #1 Pass Defense in the League ... but they are going up against arguably the best QB in the NFL in the month of December ...
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143177

In the end, I look for Mr. December to look DangeRuss ... and for Davis to get enough yards on the ground to keep the defense honest. The Jags lost to a Rams team at home that is similar in many ways to us. I'm thinking that's pretty close to what's going to happen here.

I'm calling it ...
Seahawks 24
Jags 13

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This game is gonna be ugly. It will be tight and never wracking. First mistake loses IMHO. We have Russ.....they have bortles.

Hawks 17

Jags 7

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
No doubt Jags D line and 2ndary are good.
Tevin Smith is in concussion protocol but might make it back for gametime.
Good news for us is they were getting burnt by Arizonas TE on seam routes with their two TE personnel. Often clearing for underneath routes too. Well we have 3 good TE at our disposal. We also have an elusive qb who is willing to take yards given him.
Imagine if they commit somebody to spy Wilson as well.
Willson and Graham each get a td.

Final score: Seahawks 24 - Jags 10.