Eagles lone touchdown

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I said last night in the gameday forum it was a pick. I still think it is. Here are the still shots.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 2,570

Exittium

Reaction score
I believe that’s where maxi got facemasked as well. I can’t remember but it on one of the two long bombs or the touchdown. Went uncalled and he was wasn’t happy

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Everyone was sayin in the game day forum that he got burned but it was a pretty obvious opi when they showed the replay. He was picked well down the field.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
You can clearly see Smith stop right at Maxwell's spot and run into him.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Def a pick... we normally get called for that no questions asked....

AgentDib

Reaction score
Every team runs the pick as much as they can. Would have been nice if they had thrown flags on the Eagles for it, but at least they didn't throw one sided flags on us for it this time.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I live in eagles country and its the most annoying thing ever. never heard a fan base claim how they are already a 5 time superbowl champ under wentz when they haven't done squat yet. everyone around here is crying about how they were cheated and bad calls. all I saw was non stop holding by their oline. and now I will add this to the discussion when they come cry to me. I didn't realize it as I also thought he just got beat.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Live it looked like he got toasted. But watching the replay after getting home from the game, it was clearly a pick play.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":f1o6qca9 said:
Live it looked like he got toasted. But watching the replay after getting home from the game, it was clearly a pick play.

ya they showed the replay and then all i heard was silence and they didnt talk about the pick at all which got the WR open in the first place

raisethe3

Reaction score
Didn't the Saints ran this one last year against the Hawks?

253hawk

Reaction score
Doesn't look like much really. Or at least it didn't appear intentional. Outside WR was just running his route and Maxwell's press threw off Agholor's making him cross late and too close to Smith, so you could say he picked himself. Then again...why is he running to the same exact spot in the middle of the field as that other WR/TE?

AdorableMeanCavy size restricted

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
253hawk":321tv9gs said:
Doesn't look like much really. Or at least it didn't appear intentional. Outside WR was just running his route and Maxwell's press threw off Agholor's making him cross late and too close to Smith, so you could say he picked himself. Then again...why is he running to the same exact spot in the middle of the field as that other WR/TE?

The only purpose that WR served on that play was to pick Maxwell and hope that it didn't get called.

BigMeach

Reaction score
253hawk":1qeegois said:

Doesn't need to be much, all that is required is to distract the receiver and stop hip swivel for a moment. A split second is enough to get a player wide open in this league. It caused Maxwell to focus on the contact for a split second, you see his eyes go back to the QB then back to the WR who is already taking off down field at that point. It was plenty.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
253hawk":21k7gg4m said:

He paced Maxwell, waited for the break and then reached out to block him, then pretended to run a route. Obvious pick.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
253hawk":qb1r2fvb said:

If you look at the stills I posted, you can see Smith is not running his route. He is clearly lining up to block. No WR in this league stops, looks the way they are going and then turns that direction for a route. That what peewee kids do.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
They also had several ran pass option plays that were pass for decent gains where there were offensive linemen well downfield (and not in continuous blocks) when the ball was thrown. For a team that runs run pass options quite a bit, you would think that would be something the officials would be looking for.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Yes the still looks damning but the real time version was extremely weak in terms of a pick, especially considering we were getting many favorable calls already. My problem with the whole damn thing is why is our guy even in a position to BE picked?. Third and long and we're pressed up on the receiver that close?. I'd have every db 7-8 off minimum to keep everything in front, but i guess we didn't learn our lesson from Washington.