Friday PC Injuries

rossob

Reaction score
Joeckel will be back. Asked whether we will see him on the right side, Pete answered "We'll see".
Shaquill is fine, won't play this but next week.
Kam is still out. (Whether he is still seeing Drs. "Pretty much has the information he needs at this point.")
Mike Davis ran today for the first time, is very close to returning.
Dion Jordan had some shoulder problem but will probably play.
Jarran Reed will play.
BWags has a great chance to play.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It's time for Kam to "put up or shut up"! He ought to just tell everyone, "I'm too afraid that I'll get seriously hurt if I continue to play this year". If he feels to same way next July when TC comes around....RETIRE.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":12e1jwgr said:
It's time for Kam to "put up or shut up"! He ought to just tell everyone, "I'm too afraid that I'll get seriously hurt if I continue to play this year". If he feels to same way next July when TC comes around....RETIRE.

He's suffered a very serious nerve issue in his neck-similar to Avril and the type of injury that could have serious long term health issues. And yet you're attempting to call him out for a toughness issue. "Put up or shut up"??? Terrible.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
West TX Hawk":29bqq5si said:
Bigpumpkin":29bqq5si said:

He's suffered a very serious nerve issue in his neck-similar to Avril and the type of injury that could have serious long term health issues. And yet you're attempting to call him out for a toughness issue. "Put up or shut up"??? Terrible.

This doesn't have anything to do with being afraid that he'll get seriously hurt. Every play on the field is a chance for every player to get seriously hurt. The question is If this injury is such that the chance of being permanently injured is increased by the damage already done. If this is the case, and Kam's quality of life postfootball can be affected then he, his doctors, his family, and the team will weigh all these things and he will consider retirement.

Now, all the niceties aside, after his holdout, I find that I can't quite give Kam the benefit of the doubt to not drag this out to force the team to pay him more of his huge contract even if he can't contribute. I hope he contributes. I hope he plays, wins us another ring and walks off into the sunset, but I can't shake the feeling that he won't try to wring a few extra dollars from the team either way. If I weren't a fan in the sallary cap era, I'd still say "Good for you. Get yours." but I'll be a Hawks fan long after he's gone and I don't want to future teams strapped for cap space for a guy who plays like an all pro for 8 weeks a year.