Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jalen Collins

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jalen Collins
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am
  • Sure does seem to fit the mold of a Seahawks corner, knows the system coming from Atlanta. I know he's had problems but I would love the Hawks to give me a shot. Low risk high reward kind of signing
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Re: Jalen Collins
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:29 am
  • Seems like he'd be great but there has to be a reason(s) why he was released and no one claimed him though.

massari
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:41 am
  • Hes a solid player. Wouldnt hurt signing him i can gaurantee hes better than lane.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:53 am
  • I hope so, we brought in troubled players before.
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:36 pm
  • Do we even have the money let alone room on the 53?
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:01 pm
  • Well, he cleared waivers and is a free agent. Anyone know the cap implications if Lane were to be released?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:05 pm
  • There is zero cap savings for this season if he was cut, which is why the team wanted to trade him.

see OTC.com
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:21 pm
  • I was pretty impressed with Byron’s performance this past Monday night. I had the opportunity to watch Jeremy play live, instead of watching him play on TV. I’ll give him some respect, in that he was giving it everything he had, and all in all he didn’t screwup as much as I suspected he would, but as the saying goes “he’s no Richard Sherman”. Meaning that Lane is a pro baller but he is mediocre at best, and just doesn’t posses whatever that is, that would allow him to rise above that level of play. I’ll also say that the touchdown he allowed our opponents to score, as seems to be the case with Jeremy in every game he come out to play for us, ultimately cost us this game as well.

Byron Maxwell’s level of play on the other hand does rise to the level of extra ordinary. I was impressed with the way he played against the Falcons. I love Shaquill Griffin, he is on the other hand a “Richard Sherman”. Richard Sherman has publicly acknowledged that Griffin may already be a more talented player than himself, and that given some time to transition from college balling to pro balling he will validate that claim.

I have to agree with Sherman, I see the LOB alive and well with Griffin and Byron first stringing it. I think Lane has had more than enough chances to prove his worth. I think we hunt down another player of the same caliber as Griffin and Maxwell. This is pro football, all players go out injured periodically, when they do we need a near equal talent to step in, Lane isn’t that player. I don’t have it in for Lane, I just want to see my Seahawks succeed. Keeping Lane and backup players like him is the greatest weakness that this team has in my opinion.

If Collins is of a higher caliber than Lane, and can match the skill level of Byron and Shaquill, then lose Lane and grab him. If he is just another Jeremy Lane, then walk away, and wait until someone comes available that can fill their shoes. With Lane we know what we have, and we can at very least try to cover his ass out there and minimize the damage he’ll do.

Go Seahawks!
    I am a tried and true Seattle Seahawks 12th man, as are all of my children and grandchildren. I wholeheartedly believe that the 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. The Seahawks are only as strong as their true Heart & Soul.
    pacific101
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:42 pm
  • pacific101 wrote:I was pretty impressed with Byron’s performance this past Monday night. I had the opportunity to watch Jeremy play live, instead of watching him play on TV. I’ll give him some respect, in that he was giving it everything he had, and all in all he didn’t screwup as much as I suspected he would, but as the saying goes “he’s no Richard Sherman”. Meaning that Lane is a pro baller but he is mediocre at best, and just doesn’t posses whatever that is, that would allow him to rise above that level of play. I’ll also say that the touchdown he allowed our opponents to score, as seems to be the case with Jeremy in every game he come out to play for us, ultimately cost us this game as well.

Byron Maxwell’s level of play on the other hand does rise to the level of extra ordinary. I was impressed with the way he played against the Falcons. I love Shaquill Griffin, he is on the other hand a “Richard Sherman”. Richard Sherman has publicly acknowledged that Griffin may already be a more talented player than himself, and that given some time to transition from college balling to pro balling he will validate that claim.

I have to agree with Sherman, I see the LOB alive and well with Griffin and Byron first stringing it. I think Lane has had more than enough chances to prove his worth. I think we hunt down another player of the same caliber as Griffin and Maxwell. This is pro football, all players go out injured periodically, when they do we need a near equal talent to step in, Lane isn’t that player. I don’t have it in for Lane, I just want to see my Seahawks succeed. Keeping Lane and backup players like him is the greatest weakness that this team has in my opinion.

If Collins is of a higher caliber than Lane, and can match the skill level of Byron and Shaquill, then lose Lane and grab him. If he is just another Jeremy Lane, then walk away, and wait until someone comes available that can fill their shoes. With Lane we know what we have, and we can at very least try to cover his ass out there and minimize the damage he’ll do.

Go Seahawks!

Good post. Byron played pretty well, shaq is shaq and will only get better. Lane is like a weak spot. Brining in Jalen collins would be a good idea because he fits the scheme very well and can make plays.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information