Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Why did we waive Freeney?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Why did we waive Freeney?
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm
  • In just a few games, he was already 3rd on this team in sacks. The cap savings was minimal considering he was on vet min, pro-rated status. It's just another illogical, stupid move by Carroll and JS and frankly that's becoming the norm lately.

And for people claiming well he had 1 bad play against Atl so that's reason for cutting him?? Every one of our star players have a couple bad plays or more every single game. Freeney added to a badly needed pass rush and Carroll got rid of him to keep a new 6th string receiver and to save maybe 50k. Just par for the course with the FO decisions lately.
    Last edited by West TX Hawk on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:19 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:

kobebryant wrote:Freeney also seemed to be freelancing a bit, and lost contain on the Matt Ryan first down scramble. That's a huge no-no to Pete, as 'hero ball' has previously cost David Bass and TY McGill their jobs.

Thank you, the FG article explains it all very well. Cap, team control, and then reduced production of the D-Line as a whole. Take away that Matt Ryan scramble and it makes a huge difference in that game.

Why did we even sign him then? How much more production did they think they were going to get out of Freeney?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:50 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:

kobebryant wrote:Freeney also seemed to be freelancing a bit, and lost contain on the Matt Ryan first down scramble. That's a huge no-no to Pete, as 'hero ball' has previously cost David Bass and TY McGill their jobs.

Thank you, the FG article explains it all very well. Cap, team control, and then reduced production of the D-Line as a whole. Take away that Matt Ryan scramble and it makes a huge difference in that game.

Why did we even sign him then? How much more production did they think they were going to get out of Freeney?

They signed him because Avril went down. This was also before we lost other key players.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:49 pm
  • I think it was before they seen how Smith and Jordon were going to work out.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:14 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I think it was before they seen how Smith and Jordon were going to work out.

Yeah I get that. These guys were expected to come back by the FO though right? I'm asking these questions because what we know is Avril got hurt, Smith and Jordon are due to come back. Coaches seem to already like Smith so now they need to see how Jordon does when he comes back. Jordon pans out.

So if everything goes as hoped after Avril goes down, the FO only had the intent to sign Freeney for what, four games. Then cut him so they can even out the roster. Also why was it so important to get this offensive and defensive balance now? Was it that critical? If it was, why was it to an offensive position that is already deep? Just seems like odd reasoning, I could be missing something though. Never heard of a "healthy scratch" either till this season.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information