Pete is going to leave us.....not get fired (Speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Its being reported there is a high profile/successful NFL coach that wants out of his contract. I can't think of who else that could be other than Pete for a few reasons. If you heard him talk about his time at USC about a month back you can tell he loves the college game. Much more than the NFL. Pete also is loyal to his coaches and won't want to fire any of them (even though they deserve it). Pete see's his message is lost with the hawks and he loves the college game.

If I had to guess how this plays out....we barely miss the playoffs and Pete bolts back to the college game to one of the open/high profile jobs. He hopes we promote Richard to HC but we clean house.

At the end of the day this is a win/win for all. His legacy here isn't tarnished, he gets what he wants, and we get an influx of new thinking/ideas.

Just want to give you all a heads up so you are not shocked when it happens.

Seymour

Reaction score
Where is this "being reported" besides here?

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seymour":2grpky8c said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/932399805288108033[/tweet]

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I've also heard that an NFL coach wants to purchase and elephant and a rhinocerous, breed them, and create a new species call a rhinocephant.

The rest of you should put as much stock into my rumor as the one about a high profile coach leaving. That kind of information doesn't get "leaked" in the middle of a season.

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3ljwh1wq said:
Seymour":3ljwh1wq said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/932399805288108033[/tweet]

That tweet was Saturday. Possible but I doubt it personally.

ImTheScientist":3ljwh1wq said:
Just want to give you all a heads up so you are not shocked when it happens.

I thought science was based on fact?

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2x7rdqn2 said:
I've also heard that an NFL coach wants to purchase and elephant and a rhinocerous, breed them, and create a new species call a rhinocephant.

The rest of you should put as much stock into my rumor as the one about a high profile coach leaving. That kind of information doesn't get "leaked" in the middle of a season.

That sort of information gets "leaked" every year. I understand its a sensitive topic and difficult to come to terms with. If you step away from the situation and think about it logically it makes sense for all parties.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Unverified person throws mud at the wall. Sweet, thx

hawknation2017

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense for Carroll to go to a college team, which requires recruiting and likely years of rebuilding in his image. It's far more likely that he will coach the Seahawks until he decides to retire.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seymour":1btx7gxu said:

We are talking about football. If you want to discuss other things feel free to shoot me a PM. :2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It feels like Pete is gone after this year. I think he sees the writing on the wall.

I suspect it will be what happened after he left USC...a rudderless underperforming team that never reaches the lost heights again.

Or when we got rid of George Karl, because we were tired of getting bumped out of the playoffs. No worries, we just didn't even go back to the playoffs. And then we got Westphal (shudder)

These usually don't go well for the team.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Either way, it’s the right outcome. If he wants to make his own exit, who cares.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Pete's heart isn't here, then I'm fine with him leaving. I don't want a coach, no matter how successful to be here if he doesn't want to be here.

This is a high profile amazing job now, and Pete's helped create that culture. So if he leaves? I have no doubt Paul and John could find a very capable replacement.

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":cgtwzg06 said:
Seymour":cgtwzg06 said:

We are talking about football. If you want to discuss other things feel free to shoot me a PM. :2thumbs:

No need. I actually hope you are right at this point. I'm tired of watching the same stupid shit for 3+ straight years only to repeat again.

Usa today 82928610

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I feel like the tweet is referencing a coach who wants out of one team to go to another (maybe I am reading it wrong). I think when Pete is done, he's done in the NFL.

I think that time is coming soon. But not this year

hawknation2017

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1rgcaoll said:
It feels like Pete is gone after this year. I think he sees the writing on the wall.

I suspect it will be what happened after he left USC...a rudderless underperforming team that never reaches the lost heights again.

Or when we got rid of George Karl, because we were tired of getting bumped out of the playoffs. No worries, we just didn't even go back to the playoffs. And then we got Westphal (shudder)

These usually don't go well for the team.

That's called 'sports karma.' Teams that force out successful coaches usually languish for years . . . if not decades.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That Greg Gabriel tweet could be about many successful coaches....Chuck Pagano, Bruce Arians, Marvin Lewis, John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Mike McCarthy, etc. Way to go out on a limb with that tweet. Plug a name in the blank.....

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawkfan68":30v6x492 said:
That Greg Gabriel tweet could be about many successful coaches....Chuck Pagano, Bruce Arians, Marvin Lewis, John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Mike McCarthy, etc. Way to go out on a limb with that tweet. Plug a name in the blank.....

Guess it depends on what you think "very successful" means. For me its a list of 3 or 4 coaches....

Steve2222

Reaction score
I’d be on board with Josh McDaniels if Pete walks. I think he’s ready for his redemption tour as a HC and I think he’d be scary scheming with a QB like Russ. It’d be addition by subtraction as it would mean Bevell and Cable would be gone as well.

nategreat

Reaction score
I highly doubt it's Pete; that's a pretty broad statement.

How bout John Harbaugh? Bruce Arians? Though maybe not as successful lately, they have been in their careers.

Or what about Mike McCarthy? Mike Tomlin? Andy Reid? We're pretty much grasping at straws here, but I could see it being any one of these other guys before Pete Carroll. I sure hope it's not Pete anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.