2 games we would have won with Haushka....

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
IMO, Walsh has cost us 2. 2 that, IMO, Haushka would have made. There's two types of kickers in the NFL, those that thrive in adversity and those that fold under pressure. Our current kicker is the type that fold. I don't know how much money Haushka wanted but I do know that having somebody that you can rely on should be worth it's weight in gold. IMO, we should have won last night and vs the skins.

To those wondering why we didn't go for the 3 at the half. Well, I thijnk it's plain as day. Walsh can't be trusted and it's causing Pete to think twice. The indecision at the end was obviously clear. Put in Walsh to lose or take a shot at the end zone for a chance.

Boycie

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":2yquounn said:
IMO, Walsh has cost us 2. 2 that, IMO, Haushka would have made. There's two types of kickers in the NFL, those that thrive in adversity and those that fold under pressure. Our current kicker is the type that fold. I don't know how much money Haushka wanted but I do know that having somebody that you can rely on shoujld be worth it's weight in gold. IMO, we shouikd have won last night and vs the skins.

To those wondering why we didn't go for the 3 at the half. Well, I thijnk it's plain as day. Walsh can't be trusted and it's causing Pete to think twice. The indecision at the end was obviously clear. Put in Walsh to lose or take a shot at the end zone for a chance.

If it's "always compete" then what kickers are out there to bring in for competition with Walsh?

Seymour

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2oct2qye said:
SpokaneHawks":2oct2qye said:
IMO, Walsh has cost us 2. 2 that, IMO, Haushka would have made. There's two types of kickers in the NFL, those that thrive in adversity and those that fold under pressure. Our current kicker is the type that fold. I don't know how much money Haushka wanted but I do know that having somebody that you can rely on shoujld be worth it's weight in gold. IMO, we shouikd have won last night and vs the skins.

If it's "always compete" then what kickers are out there to bring in for competition with Walsh?

I brought this up in pre-season when we had like 10 draft picks and no FA kickers were even bought in.

On the plus side, we used that extra $$ to get Lacey and Joeckel. :2thumbs:

Optimus25

Reaction score
Wait, so do we subtract from that total his complete fail in Arizona last year?

Just checking the math so I can keep up with the false narrative that Walsh needs any criticism at this point versus the real problems this team faces (penalties, clock management, endless no gain and loss of yardage runs on 1st downs)

Let alone to assume anyone besides Dan Bailey hits a 50+ yarder is the definition of naïve.

Boycie

Reaction score
Optimus25":23ox58w0 said:
Wait, so do subtract from that total his complete fail in Arizona last year?

Just checking so I can keep up with the false narrative that Walsh needs any criticism at this point versus the real problems this team faces (penalties, clock management, endless no gain and loss of yardage runs on 1st downs)

Let alone to assume anyone besides Dan Bailey hits a 50+ yarder is the definition of naïve.

Dude missed 3 field goals in one game, and one important one last night. He needs to be added to your list of issues with this team.

potatohead

Reaction score
People blaming Walsh are crazy. RW gifted them 14 points in the first five minutes. Walsh didn't even have a chance to get three at the end of the first half. He also saved a touchdown on the opening kickoff. League average from 52 yards is about 50% and the only reason it was that far in the first place was terrible clock management and two burned timeouts. Not to mention a billion penalties again and Lane dropping an INT that he literally had with both hands.

This one is not on the kicker, period.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2qhviock said:
Optimus25":2qhviock said:
Wait, so do subtract from that total his complete fail in Arizona last year?

Just checking so I can keep up with the false narrative that Walsh needs any criticism at this point versus the real problems this team faces (penalties, clock management, endless no gain and loss of yardage runs on 1st downs)

Dude missed 3 field goals in one game, and one important one last night. He needs to be added to your list of issues with this team.

Hauschka lost the most important divisional game of the year for us last year. Yet he's somehow the savior in the rearview mirror we were supposed to see the light in last year.

To your comment, Nah, Without any of the things I mentioned above, ie, stupid penalties, bad clock management, or stupid 1st down runs with no gain/loss of yardage (over and over) we would have won both those games just fine.

Seafan

Reaction score
Haush lost two games for the Hawks last season. So far that's a push. With Blair the Hawks have saved enough to add players like Freeney and Maxwell.

Give a great big assist to Pete and RW for last night's loss.

Boycie

Reaction score
potatohead":1e08zisu said:
People blaming Walsh are crazy. RW gifted them 14 points in the first five minutes. Walsh didn't even have a chance to get three at the end of the first half. He also saved a touchdown on the opening kickoff. League average from 52 yards is about 50% and the only reason it was that far in the first place was terrible clock management and two burned timeouts. Not to mention a billion penalties again and Lane dropping an INT that he literally had with both hands.

Walsh even hit the post on an extra point last night too. There is obviously no confidence in this guy, so why are we not bringing anyone in to compete for the job? Other teams do this all the time with kickers.

I am not blaming him for this game, but he is definitely another problem here.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2m7xxquk said:
potatohead":2m7xxquk said:

Walsh even hit the post on an extra point last night too. There is obviously no confidence in this guy, so why are we not bringing anyone in to compete for the job? Other teams do this all the time with kickers.

Have you seen the state of the league though?

If that kick yesterday upset you please, please find a way to watch the Bears game vs the Lions Sunday.

Bears down 3. driving with a minute to go. Rookie qb Trubisky makes a terrific scramble for his life through tons of defenders and gains like 25 yards. Then he makes a fantastic tough completion downfield setting up a forty something yard field goal with almost no time left. They use their last timeout, bring out Connor Barth I think it was, and as time expires he kicks the ball far enough but literally 37 yards to the right of the goalpost.

Blair was a yard and a half short and true man. That kick is a coin flip in any way you wanna look at it. Pete gambled on Blair and didn't choose competition after Washington, and he has been mostly solid in return. You do acknowledge without Walsh we would have been down 7-0 yesterday in about 12 seconds right? Again, 2 yards further of a kick and we're talking the COMPLETE 180 about Walsh. So in my opinion, that has to come down to why aren't we 2 yards closer? Oh yeah, ANOTHER penalty on the punt return. Which is why I'm beating my drum around here, that we have crippling problems besides Blair. In other words, fixing the kicker and not fixing the penalties would net zero IMO, versus fixing the penalties and not doing anything about the kicker would net much, much positive IMO.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1s1xvxzr said:
IMO, Walsh has cost us 2. 2 that, IMO, Haushka would have made. There's two types of kickers in the NFL, those that thrive in adversity and those that fold under pressure. Our current kicker is the type that fold. I don't know how much money Haushka wanted but I do know that having somebody that you can rely on should be worth it's weight in gold. IMO, we should have won last night and vs the skins.

How do you just assume that we win that game when the best we could have done IF he made the 52 yarder was tie them? Could we have won? I hope so? It was far from guaranteed though.

This loss can be traced back to the fake field goal (that's 100% on Pete) and the injuries. Injuries happen, but making calls as bad as that fake field goal are disheartening.

getnasty

Reaction score
Nobody here would have brought Haushka back after last year. Nobody.

Boycie

Reaction score
Optimus25":2t6bobpe said:
Ace_Rimmer":2t6bobpe said:
potatohead":2t6bobpe said:

If that kick yesterday upset you please, please find a way to watch the Bears game vs the Lions Sunday.

Bears down 3. driving with a minute to go. Rookie qb Trubisky makes a terrific scramble for his life through tons of defenders and gains like 25 yards. Then he makes a fantastic tough completion downfield setting up a forty something yard field goal with almost no time left. They use their last timeout, bring out Connor Barth I think it was, and as time expires he kicks the ball far enough but literally 37 yards to the right of the goalpost.

Blair was a yard and a half short and true man. That kick is a coin flip in any way you wanna look at it. Pete gambled on Blair and didn't choose competition after Washington, and he has been mostly solid in return. You do acknowledge without Walsh we would have been down 7-0 yesterday in about 12 seconds right? Again, 2 yards further of a kick and we're talking the COMPLETE 180 about Walsh. So in my opinion, that has to come down to why aren't we 2 yards closer? Oh yeah, ANOTHER penalty on the punt return. Which is why I'm beating my drum around here, that we have crippling problems besides Blair. In other words, fixing the kicker and not fixing the penalties would net zero IMO, versus fixing the penalties and not doing anything about the kicker would net much, much positive IMO.

Exactly, and the Bears did something about it didn't they?

potatohead

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":3c1sbs0r said:
Optimus25":3c1sbs0r said:
Ace_Rimmer":3c1sbs0r said:
potatohead":3c1sbs0r said:

I can see why the staff didn't work anyone out.

If you legitimately feel Walsh is your best option and that his problem is in between the ears, bringing in someone else to try out simply to put pressure on Walsh could be the worst thing you could do. Some people need to have their butts kicked and some need a more gentle approach and it's up to the coaching staff to know which one the person is.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2n6s329i said:
Optimus25":2n6s329i said:
Ace_Rimmer":2n6s329i said:
potatohead":2n6s329i said:

LMAO. Did you watch any of Santos ever? EXACTLY my point. The state of the league man.

If there was ANYTHING salvageable about Santos don't you think Tampa would have held on for dear life? You don't can 2nd rounders every day after all

edit. got him confused with that tampa turd aguayo. lol.

that loss yesterday mushed my brain. Feels like an alternate universe today. Tired of losing close games only because we beat ourselves all day long.

But in my defense, Santos was essentially already lined for Chicago after recovering from injury. So, who would you even bring in for the competition?

Chapow

Reaction score
getnasty":3qy5v62z said:
Nobody here would have brought Haushka back after last year. Nobody.

This.

Hauschka had a pretty damn poor season last year and was an unrestricted free agent after the season. They didn't cut him, they just let him walk. I can't even imagine the meltdown we would have seen on this site if the Seahawks had given him a brand new 4 year $12.4 million deal (which is what the Bills gave him) after the year he had.

It's nice for Hausch that he's having a bounce back year, but people here would be crucifying Pete and John if they had brought him back and he had another year like last year. I really don't see how anyone can blame them for letting him walk. Especially at that price.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Optimus25":1larjy90 said:
Ace_Rimmer":1larjy90 said:
Optimus25":1larjy90 said:
Ace_Rimmer":1larjy90 said:

LMAO. Did you watch any of Santos ever? EXACTLY my point. The state of the league man.

If there was ANYTHING salvageable about Santos don't you think Tampa would have held on for dear life? You don't can 2nd rounders every day after all

that loss yesterday mushed my brain. Feels like an alternate universe today. Tired of losing close games only because we beat ourselves all day long.

But in my defense, Santos was essentially already lined for Chicago after recovering from injury. So, who would you even bring in for the competition?

You're confusing Aguayo with Santos. Roberto Aguayo was the kicker TB drafted in the 2nd round. Santos was the kicker on the Chiefs but waived due injury. The Chiefs found a younger kicker that is doing well in for them.

Boycie

Reaction score
Optimus25":gdqmpb05 said:
Ace_Rimmer":gdqmpb05 said:
Optimus25":gdqmpb05 said:
Ace_Rimmer":gdqmpb05 said:

And as per my original post, "who do we bring in to compete for this job?"

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Weird I remember Hauschka blowing 2 games last year with his leg ....

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet those of you standing up for Walsh at this point played soccer. LOL, the guys a mess!