Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I see us losing 1 more game (11-5)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
I see us losing 1 more game (11-5)
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 am
  • Wins- SF, PHI, AZ, LA, JACK
    Loss- DAL

Division winner

Call me crazy but Russell is so special of a player that I think he'll will this team to 11-5. It sucks that we will not get a bye and we'll probably lose one of the away games but it is what it is.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Re: I see us losing 1 more game (11-5)
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:42 am
  • Sorry I see us losing to Dallas,Jacksonville,Rams and Eagles. We will be lucky if we can get past the Cardinals and I think we can beat San Fran. We Just miss the playoffs Falcons, Dallas are going to have the tie breakers against us this was a huge lost against Atlanta.
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:44 am
  • If you were betting, i'd take it.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 am
  • seabowl wrote:Call me crazy

Ok
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:46 am
  • 10-6 , we beat the Rams and win the division. Hope the Vikes and Saints stumble down the stretch.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:52 am
  • I don't think it's crazy at all. A playoff birth isn't out of the question and Wilson will keep them in every game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 am
  • We went from preseason predictions of 12 or 13 wins with potential HFA to being content chasing down a weak division crown. Another loss soon and we revert to the 90s where we spent a lot of time figuring out wildcard scenarios
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 am
  • This is a dangerous season for the Hawks and Rams as the NFC West is not guaranteed to send a wildcard to the playoffs.

Hawks losses so far:

@Packers
    @Titans
    Redskins
    Falcons

Rams losses so far:

Redskins
    Seahawks
    @Vikings

Common Opponents so far:

AFC West:

Jaguars - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)
    Titans - Rams (?), Seahawks (L)
    Colts - Rams & Seahawks (W)
    Texans - Rams & Seahawks (W)

NFC East:

Giants - Rams & Seahawks (W)
    Eagles - Rams & Seahawks (?)
    Redskins - Rams & Redskins (L)
    Cowboys - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)

If the Rams beat the Seahawks to even up their own split, then the Seahawks will most likely lose a tiebreak with the Rams if they finish with the same record.

On the other hand, if the Rams fail to beat the Seahawks, then they'll lose the tiebreaker with same record.

Both teams get Eagles at home, which may decide the division. The NFC record should override the AFC record at that point. Hawks have to win both NFC East games and Rams to lose to the Eagles in order to have a better NFC East record.

Both teams lost their NFC North matchup (Hawks to Packers, Rams to Vikings). Wash.

Hawks lost to their NFC South opponent, while the Rams are about to play theirs (Saints).

Home Games Remaining:

Seahawks - 3
    Rams - 3

It's gonna be tight.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 am
  • Lol this thread
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:08 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:10-6 , we beat the Rams and win the division. Hope the Vikes and Saints stumble down the stretch.

If we don't win the division and miss the playoffs this year, would you be willing to agree that we have some coaching issues?

Or...is it just a fluke and you would like to see the same coaches back next year, no issues here?
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:13 am
  • I don’t have this kind of confidence in our team right now to pull that kind of record off
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:15 am

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 am
  • Someone needs their eyes checked.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:31 am
  • NINEster wrote:This is a dangerous season for the Hawks and Rams as the NFC West is not guaranteed to send a wildcard to the playoffs.

Hawks losses so far:

@Packers
    @Titans
    Redskins
    Falcons

Rams losses so far:

Redskins
    Seahawks
    @Vikings

Common Opponents so far:

AFC West:

Jaguars - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)
    Titans - Rams (?), Seahawks (L)
    Colts - Rams & Seahawks (W)
    Texans - Rams & Seahawks (W)

NFC East:

Giants - Rams & Seahawks (W)
    Eagles - Rams & Seahawks (?)
    Redskins - Rams & Redskins (L)
    Cowboys - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)

If the Rams beat the Seahawks to even up their own split, then the Seahawks will most likely lose a tiebreak with the Rams if they finish with the same record.

On the other hand, if the Rams fail to beat the Seahawks, then they'll lose the tiebreaker with same record.

Both teams get Eagles at home, which may decide the division. The NFC record should override the AFC record at that point. Hawks have to win both NFC East games and Rams to lose to the Eagles in order to have a better NFC East record.

Both teams lost their NFC North matchup (Hawks to Packers, Rams to Vikings). Wash.

Hawks lost to their NFC South opponent, while the Rams are about to play theirs (Saints).

Home Games Remaining:

Seahawks - 3
    Rams - 3

It's gonna be tight.

A simple rule of thumb when trying to figure out how your team will finish an NFL season. The 2-if rule. When you use more than 2 “ifs” in your description you’re goal is pretty much out of reach. At this point in this season it’s not worth keeping high expectations. You will only get disappointed. Keep the faith but be realistic. Adversity caught up to them this year.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:07 am
  • Objectively I'm seeing 9-7. We are just too decimated and while I liked seeing some more short passing and some better run blocking, we are still lacking in offensive strategy to make the most of our talent, Russ's throws from the pocket aren't that accurate and our defense is struggling in pass rush and coverage. Couple all that with a total no clutch kicking game, it doesn't look very promising. Russ seems to actually throw better from awkward positions on the run.

Having said that, we are a backyard football team. We can win any game we play, but we can also crap the bed just as easily.

Looking at how the Rams are playing and both of our schedules, it will be pretty tough to take the division. If we don't take the division that means we would have lost enough games to also probably miss a wild card slot.

I see us winning 1 of the next 4 on paper. Let's hope we get a lil Hawks magic.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:10 am
  • I'm going to take this a week at a time, like I did a few weeks ago when people were looking ahead to the Eagles game like it was going to be the battle for first place in the NFC.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:14 am
  • johnnyfever wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:10-6 , we beat the Rams and win the division. Hope the Vikes and Saints stumble down the stretch.

If we don't win the division and miss the playoffs this year, would you be willing to agree that we have some coaching issues?

Or...is it just a fluke and you would like to see the same coaches back next year, no issues here?

The problem with the coaching change is, who do you go and get to take over?

I think Paul Allen needs to poke his nose in here, and have a word with Pete about his philosophies, and that it is time to change them due to the personnel they have to work with. Bev is not the problem here, and like I said in another post, the Texans, and last night's game proved this to me.
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:14 am
  • We are not beating Philly.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 am
  • LOL, your 12 goggles are thick.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 am
  • The Hawks are capable of winning all the rest of their games. They could be undefeated right now. Could and would and should.

Inconsistency by everyone, coaches, QB, K, WRs, RBs, OL, defense is killing the potential this season possessed.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 am
  • Wild card is better than no playoffs at all. Atleast it gives the team a fighting chance. I can see 11-5 too and i think thats how they will finish. The thing is though they could have done even better this year.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 am
  • RussB wrote:Wild card is better than no playoffs at all. Atleast it gives the team a fighting chance. I can see 11-5 too and i think thats how they will finish. The thing is though they could have done even better this year.

Or that becomes the excuse to not change anything because the narrative is look we made playoffs despite all these injuries. Let's keep doing what we're doing.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am
  • As I've made clear here, I am an Eagles fan and I've also made clear since I first started talking about our big game a month or two ago that I was fairly confident that the Eagles would LOSE this game in Seattle.

However, based on what I have watched from both teams over the past month....I just don't understand how anybody would say that the Seahawks are going to beat the Eagles. Could it happen? Absolutely but I just don't know how or where they do.

I think that Eagles pass rush is going to cause major issues for the Seahawks and the biggest shock for the Eagles this year has been the play of their cornerbacks (which has been quite good). I am feeling much more confident about this game for the Eagle than I did 30 days ago.

The Eagles have such balance that I haven't seen as an Eagles fan in...pretty much ever. It helps having four quality rotating RBs to wear defenses down and then let Carson do his thing.

I think it's going to be a dogfight no matter what since it is here in Seattle....I am just curious to hear from the OPs point of view as to what he sees that makes him think they will win cause (and I'm trying to put my homer glasses to the side), I'm just not seeing it.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information