Vent, But Breathe.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love this emoji. A perfect representation of how I feel most of us react fresh after a loss.

:240039:

Breathe. R-E-L-A-X.

Sure, the season on the surface seems to be going to Hell in a hand basket but last I checked 6-4 with 6 games to go is a hell of a lot better than 4-6 or 3-7, etc. Perspective. Yes, the NFC is stupid tough this year. The 1 and 2 seed is out. Forget that. But the division is still VERY much alive thanks to an incredibly tough final schedule for the Rams. I can easily see them finishing 10-6 or 9-7.

I thought I was going to be a lot more pissed after this loss but I find I am not. I loved the bounce back nature we showed...Russell was once again just a hang nail from another epic comeback. This team has no quit in them and that's not something that is coached. Your players either have that collectively or they do not.

Yes, fear for your lives with Lane as Sherman's replacement. YUCK. He alone may cost us a L. But he's scrappy and the effort is clearly there. He just lacks that level of talent that the better CB's in the league have.

Injuries will most likely keep us from our ultimate goal this season but whenever you have Russell Wilson, anything is possible.

Season is far from over.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Tough loss, but I came away from this game with even more respect for #3 than I had going in which I didn't think was possible. Sure he made some mistakes early, and while most would be rattled he hung in there and balled out.

Ive began to realize that this just isn't the year, especially now since the injury bug is in full swing.

soje

Reaction score
Interestingly, I feel better after this loss than I felt after the win against Arizona. Our offense was moving the ball and I imagine the defense will get better after getting used to play without Shermann and Chancellor.

We're at 6-4. We have three winnable games against our division rivals. If we manage to win one of the other three games (Eagles, Jaguars, and Cowboys), then we are at a respectable 10-6. Once in the playoffs, we can make a run.

Very possible scenario.

idle Eric

Reaction score
soje":medonkx2 said:
I imagine the defense will get better after getting used to play without Shermann and Chancellor.

We're at 6-4. We have three winnable games against our division rivals. If we manage to win one of the other three games (Eagles, Jaguars, and Cowboys), then we are at a respectable 10-6. Once in the playoffs, we can make a run.

Very possible scenario.

"get used to play without ..........." !!?? They are what they are now . There's no getting "used" to it which will then somehow make the D better.

10 and 6 won't make the play offs this year IMO. This team doesn't make 10 and 6 anyway.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Talking about 6-4 as if its an alright thing. Team played its easy part of the schedule and is one game over .500. Things are not ok.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2964n0w7 said:
Talking about 6-4 as if its an alright thing. Team played its easy part of the schedule and is one game over .500. Things are not ok.

Things aren't terrible, either.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Thank you for a post that’s at least tethered in reality. Our season is over as far as winning a Super Bowl goes. They simply don’t have the horses in the stable to do it any more this year. HOWEVER, those screaming to fire Pete and blow the whole thing up are even more hilariously out their depth right now. At the least, as long as Russell Wilson is here .. they’re going to fight until the end to try to secure a W and I don’t know what else you can ask out of a team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":e4shxb89 said:

Almost like some terrible injuries and missteps in the offseason in addressing the running game (cough Eddie Lacy cough) is the root cause behind this...

inda2o6

Reaction score
I feel like we had a chance to win it, even though we spotted the Falcons atleast 10pts. Russels fumble td and the fake FG. I feel better about this team after that performace. Even with all the injuries, the Seahawks still played hard , & did't give up. I avoided posting after the game, becaus of all the negativity being spewed. We lost more players but still managed to almost win. The one i would give up on is Eddie Lacy. Mike ran decisively, like acarson did at the begining of the season, that's what we needed, Tyler broke of the Falcon's in the return game, about time! Russell did what we know he could do. Jimmy was hurt for a play, we lost Shaq early, Ifedi was his normal self...we got Bennett doing his normal penalties. Dion was hurt, Naz is a steal for us. Didn't hear Dwight's name much, was he playing? B-Wags is a Defensive Player of the Year canidate. They should blow out the 49ers next week, but that's not a guarentee. Gruden called the fake field goal before it was actually ran, he's a psychic, JK. Dan Quin knows Riverboat Pete likes to gamble, too bad Pete had a bad hand in that decision. The Seahawks had their chances, just had timeouts, wasted on bad challenges. I don't mind gambling whe i's early. Just get take points before halftime, knowing your gonna get the ball after the break.
:sarcasm_on: The Seahawks should hire a better masseuse, maybe help the players pull their groin before the game,so they don't pull it during the game... :sarcasm_off: :2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They still are in the thick of things but for a team that always wins at home, they have lost that edge. They have dropped two straight games at home. They are playing extremely sloppy. They are still committing the same penalties, errors, etc. They look very unprepared. That's not a good sign of the direction they are headed. Right now they look more of an 8 to 9 win team max. They still have a chance to be better but they are not playing well at all.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3p5m70h5 said:
pittpnthrs":3p5m70h5 said:

Almost like some terrible injuries and missteps in the offseason in addressing the running game (cough Eddie Lacy cough) is the root cause behind this...

What exactly is the justification to keeping Lacy around after yesterday? Should be an immediate cut. If he's not automatic for punching it in at the 1, can anyone in the free world explain his roster spot for me?

sdog1981

Reaction score
This season is a strange one. This team could go 11-5 or 10-6 and still miss the playoffs. Dose that mean the team sucks? I don’t know. Has the team gotten stale? I think so.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm fine.

My expectations were shot after the terrible Skins loss. So last night is about what I expected............Pete and Bevell to finally take the reins off Russ cause the defense was going to struggle to stop a good offense.

And that's about how the script went.

If this team makes it into the playoffs I'll be shocked. So my friends, it's all gravy from here.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I won't be shocked if we make the playoffs. In fact, thanks to the Rams remaining schedule I fully expect to. Maybe that's foolish but I would be more surprised if we do miss the playoffs given both team's remaining schedules.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":1a9j8ygy said:
I won't be shocked if we make the playoffs. In fact, thanks to the Rams remaining schedule I fully expect to. Maybe that's foolish but I would be more surprised if we do miss the playoffs given both team's remaining schedules.

True we have the easier schedule, but as of now the Rams have the much healthier roster..........and our roster is getting worse, not better.

So yeah maybe they lose another 2-3 games, but so do we with the current MASH unit we're rolling out there now with no end in sight to the injuries.

I'd like to be more optimistic, but this league is about attrition, and brother we're losing that game. Badly.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":16h0lh86 said:
pittpnthrs":16h0lh86 said:

If those were the only reasons I wouldnt feel so bad

Greenhell

Reaction score
I've not given up. Still a lot of football to be played but the boneheaded penalties are a big part of what's killing this team. We're not what we once were but we're still a very talented team that hasn't given up either. Pete needs to grow a pair and discipline this team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":220j414b said:
Hasselbeck":220j414b said:
pittpnthrs":220j414b said:

I promise with a healthy Sherm, Kam and Chris Carson (without mentioning Joeckel, Avril, Reed, Griffin, etc etc) - this is the team to beat in the NFC, not a team that will need help getting into the playoffs.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jtvz5se said:
pittpnthrs":1jtvz5se said:
Hasselbeck":1jtvz5se said:
pittpnthrs":1jtvz5se said:

I promise with a healthy Sherm, Kam and Chris Carson (without mentioning Joeckel, Avril, Reed, Griffin, etc etc) - this is the team to beat in the NFC, not a team that will need help getting into the playoffs.

Eh this was the first game without Sherm and Kam and we werent exactly setting the world on fire with them. I have a hard time believing that Carson is the answer to all our troubles either. The root of the problem lies deeper than just the injuries.

Latest posts