Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The search for a new coach

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The search for a new coach
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 pm
  • Pete isn't going to last forever. It's time to give a moment of silence for Pete and all he's done for the franchise. He's the real MP3..........*moment of silence* ..........

Anyways, now that Pete is gone and forgotten what should Schneider do? Have Bevell take over? He's already calling the plays so he's familiar with the offense. Or get a big time coach in the off season if it doesn't work out. Coaches are simply out coaching Pete and Pete isn't that clever with trick plays. Yes it worked in NFC title game. But you have to take points anyway you can get with 7 seconds left before halftime. Gruden? He won't do it though. Chip Kelly? No way. His philosophy failed in Philly. I'd look at some defensive coordinators. How about Todd Wash?
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Re: The search for a new coach
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 pm
  • Who is the fake MP3? That's all I wanna know.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm
  • Give Dan Quinn a blank check
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 pm
  • Scott Frost from ucf ,with today's rules you gotta go offense.
    " I don't come to bow,I come to conquer." Bob Marley
    HommyHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 am
  • As pissy as I am with the coaching staff right now, I'd prefer to wait till the body is dead before we bury them.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:35 am
  • Nope. Pull the plug.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 am
  • Matt Patricia
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:46 am
  • Let Russell coach. We ask him to do everything else.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 am
  • Crizilla wrote:Pete isn't going to last forever. It's time to give a moment of silence for Pete and all he's done for the franchise. He's the real MP3..........*moment of silence* ..........

Anyways, now that Pete is gone and forgotten what should Schneider do? Have Bevell take over? He's already calling the plays so he's familiar with the offense. Or get a big time coach in the off season if it doesn't work out. Coaches are simply out coaching Pete and Pete isn't that clever with trick plays. Yes it worked in NFC title game. But you have to take points anyway you can get with 7 seconds left before halftime. Gruden? He won't do it though. Chip Kelly? No way. His philosophy failed in Philly. I'd look at some defensive coordinators. How about Todd Wash?

If you'd be going the Todd Wash route, why not just stick with his former teammate and boss, Gus Bradley?
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
  • I think Jim Schwartz would be a good coach again. He’s a strong defensive mind. Would need a good o coordinator for sure
    FireHawk79
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 am
  • I know very few names, but how's a Gruden / OC Hue Jackson combo? Would they be a good fit for Wilson?

Jackson is expected to be fired by the Browns and could replace Bevell while they could offer Gruden Carroll's salary which is a couple more million than he makes annually at ESPN.
    Last edited by massari on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 am
  • Josh McDaniels.... go get him.

Problem is I think unless Pete steps down he isn’t going anywhere. Hopefully he wakes up and fires his staff.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 am
  • thegreeninyoureye wrote:Matt Patricia

I don't get what people see in this guy. I would be very wary of picking up a Patriots coach. The guys that spawn from the Bilicheck coaching tree are failures. Crennell, Weis, Mangini, and McDaniels. That list is pretty bad. We could even add Saban's name to the failed NFL coach list. He is a great collegiate guy, but in the NFL he either wasn't ready, or just couldn't cut it.

My guess is, if Paul Allen has any say he is going to go with a high profile coach -- that is his MO. His first hire was Mike Holmgren, and the second hire he directly had a hand in was Pete Carroll. Jim Mora was a move by Ruskell, and well, we all know how that went. That move got the Paul Allen veto very quickly.

What we can extrapolate from this small data size, is that whomever is going to be our coach, they need to have head coaching experience. The second thing is they need to have a history of winning underneath their belts. Holmgren and Carroll both had been to championships multiple times, and built a long term winning culture. Carroll was more of a dark horse, because he failed in the NFL, but was wildly successful in college.

If Carroll retires, and or is fired I do believe that Gruden would be near the top of the list. He has a Super Bowl credentials to his name, and a decent record.

Other wild cards would be Urban Meyer, Nick Saban (doubtful)
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 am
  • Pete's not going anywhere. And most of the names mentioned as replacements are utterly ridiculous and laughable.

The off-with-his-head mentality sure worked well for the 49ers didn't it? They're on their 4th HC in 4 years and are 1-9 now. Oh but they're seeing progress aren't they?

It worked great for the Bears when they fired Lovie Smith after going 10-6. They've been dogsh!t ever since.

How many coaches have the Jaguars had since they fired Jack del Rio in 2011? They've had 4 head coaches and zero playoff wins. The first three guys went a combined 18-65 since del Rio.

When you fire a head coach for any reason other than poor overall results over an extended period, you rarely move forward. You just wind up joining those crappy teams like the Browns who lose and lose and lose.

Thankfully, most owners didn't become bilionairres by paying attention to knee jerk reactions from the masses.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    thegreeninyoureye wrote:Matt Patricia

I don't get what people see in this guy. I would be very wary of picking up a Patriots coach. The guys that spawn from the Bilicheck coaching tree are failures. Crennell, Weis, Mangini, and McDaniels. That list is pretty bad. We could even add Saban's name to the failed NFL coach list. He is a great collegiate guy, but in the NFL he either wasn't ready, or just couldn't cut it.

My guess is, if Paul Allen has any say he is going to go with a high profile coach -- that is his MO. His first hire was Mike Holmgren, and the second hire he directly had a hand in was Pete Carroll. Jim Mora was a move by Ruskell, and well, we all know how that went. That move got the Paul Allen veto very quickly.

What we can extrapolate from this small data size, is that whomever is going to be our coach, they need to have head coaching experience. The second thing is they need to have a history of winning underneath their belts. Holmgren and Carroll both had been to championships multiple times, and built a long term winning culture. Carroll was more of a dark horse, because he failed in the NFL, but was wildly successful in college.

If Carroll retires, and or is fired I do believe that Gruden would be near the top of the list. He has a Super Bowl credentials to his name, and a decent record.

Other wild cards would be Urban Meyer, Nick Saban (doubtful)

Agreed!

I think what's key with the next coach is they will need some sort of "football system."

Paul Allen likes to make big splashes because it also markets the team.

A coach with a winning history of championships is usually the common denominator.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next coach is Urban Meyer, Saban, or even Dabo.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 am
  • :lol: :lol:

This fan base is the absolute worst.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:21 am
  • massari wrote:I know very few names, but how's a Gruden / OC Hue Jackson combo? Would they be a good fit for Wilson?

Jackson is expected to be fired by the Browns and could replace Bevell while they could offer Gruden Carroll's salary which is a couple more million than he makes annually at ESPN.

Your solution to fixing a 6-4 team that’d be a #1 seed in the conference without catastrophic injuries to the defense is firing its best coach ever for a guy that won a title with another persons players and hasn’t coached in 10 years? Then pairing him with the man overseeing a team that’s gone 1-25 since he’s been there?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:49 am
  • This is a dumb, dumb thread. If I had to pick, Jim Bob Cooter.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote::lol: :lol:

It's not that atypical.

Don't worry, guys, we'll eventually get the decade or two of mediocrity/terribleness we deserve again.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am
  • Scott Frost would be fun as hell but I think he is going to Nebraska. More importantly he wouldn't have any loyalty to Bevell or Cable.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:05 pm
  • Tusc2000 wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote::lol: :lol:

Sadly it is no different from most.
    Welcome to Trump's America.
    Stupidity is honored and emotional immaturity reigns.

How Trump has anything to do with bad coaching I have no idea, but ok
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Your solution to fixing a 6-4 team that’d be a #1 seed in the conference without catastrophic injuries to the defense is firing its best coach ever for a guy that won a title with another persons players and hasn’t coached in 10 years? Then pairing him with the man overseeing a team that’s gone 1-25 since he’s been there?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bmorepunk wrote:It's not that atypical.

Don't worry, guys, we'll eventually get the decade or two of mediocrity/terribleness we deserve again.

Tusc2000 wrote:Sadly it is no different from most.
    Welcome to Trump's America.
    Stupidity is honored and emotional immaturity reigns.

And no, I never mentioned firing Carroll.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm
  • Despite my signature, Pete Carroll is not going anywhere. The team is 6-4.

On track for a winning record for the sixth consecutive season, and you want the man responsible for this success gone? Unbelievably spoiled and silly this fanbase has become.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information