Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Season is O V E R

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Season is O V E R
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:12 pm
  • Im not a negative nancy but a realist.....with the injuries, the dumb ass coaching . Worst fake fg in history of football, wastes ti eouts and dumb challenges. The lack of oline and the dumb ass penalties...its donezo.....we got one ring w this group. Blow it up.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Re: Season is O V E R
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:15 pm
  • they will finish 10-6 or 11-5 book it, shaq is also coming back.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:15 pm
  • Will say trending towards no playoffs with injuries and schedule remaining but blow it up?? Good grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm
  • Coaching is incompetent, defense os old and brittle. Offense is wilson magic and nothing else. Entire team is penalty dumb....
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:35 am
  • The Season's over for you?
    Thanks for stopping by.
    See ya.
    Wouldn't wanna be ya.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am
  • RussB wrote:they will finish 10-6 or 11-5 book it, shaq is also coming back.

10-6 is being an optimist, and even that might not be good enough for a wildcard or the division.

I'd be proud of this team rallying after all these injuries to make the playoffs, but my expectation for this year was a deep playoff run, so not exactly excited to be fired up for a WC birth and getting blasted on the road.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RussB wrote:they will finish 10-6 or 11-5 book it, shaq is also coming back.

10-6 is being an optimist, and even that might not be good enough for a wildcard or the division.

I'd be proud of this team rallying after all these injuries to make the playoffs, but my expectation for this year was a deep playoff run, so not exactly excited to be fired up for a WC birth and getting blasted on the road.

Seahawks currently have the tiebreaker over the Rams, and we get them at home to own the tiebreaker for good.

Also, Rams have to play New Orleans (Brees), Philadelphia (Wentz), and at Tennessee (Mariota). They won't win all three of those games and will likely lose at least two.

The division title is definitely in sight, especially if the Seahawks can put the Rams away at home.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:Im not a negative nancy but a realist.....with the injuries, the dumb ass coaching . Worst fake fg in history of football, wastes ti eouts and dumb challenges. The lack of oline and the dumb ass penalties...its donezo.....we got one ring w this group. Blow it up.

It's very probable that no Seahawks team will meet your expectations for the rest of your lifetime. You might just want to go to "Football is O V E R". Or switch teams or something.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 pm
  • hawknation2017 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Seahawks currently have the tiebreaker over the Rams, and we get them at home to own the tiebreaker for good.

Also, Rams have to play New Orleans (Brees), Philadelphia (Wentz), and at Tennessee (Mariota). They won't win all three of those games and will likely lose at least two.

The division title is definitely in sight, especially if the Seahawks can put the Rams away at home.

Tennessee can't compete with good teams and the Rams have been great on the road, so I expect them to blow out the Titans. Philly and NO are due for a loss and I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams beat one of them.

Now, if we can beat the Rams..... and if the NINERS can beat the Rams... :stirthepot:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 pm
  • I agree. Rest the starters the rest of the year.
    stang233
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm
  • Seahawks are going to win the division and be right where they want to be. How can anyone throw in the towel at this point when your 6-4 and have a great shot to win the division? End of season is favorable and much easier than the Rams so it sets up nicely for them.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:57 pm
  • We are winning the division this year. B O O K I T.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:01 pm
  • Aros wrote:We are winning the division this year. B O O K I T.

:ditto: :2thumbs:
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:06 pm
  • stang233 wrote:I agree. Rest the starters the rest of the year.

Suck for Luck!
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:07 pm
  • It boils down to the fact that it is not impossible because this team has always fought until the end.

It IS HIGHLY improbable though as the offensive strategy is not built around utilizing strengths and mitigating weaknesses, the defense does not scheme to expose the opposing teams weaknesses, it just does what it does, and we have some of out top talent that has risen above these inadequacies out with injury.

I don't see this view as being pessimistic, but rather as realistic.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 pm
  • This team will at least win the Super Bowl this year.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:05 pm
  • hawknation2017 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

+ they lost Woods for few weeks
    Gio
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:09 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

You have to admit though, it would be pretty epic if they somehow made a playoff run and made the superbowl and won it. that would be some giants 2007 type stuff. Thats why im still rooting for them.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm
  • RussB wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

You have to admit though, it would be pretty epic if they somehow made a playoff run and made the superbowl and won it. that would be some giants 2007 type stuff. Thats why im still rooting for them.

Hell yeah it would...........and I will never stop rooting for my Hawks.

I sat through every play of the 1992 2-14 team, there is no level of failure that I can't sit through.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm
  • Six fun weeks of the regular season and 4 playoff weeks. Our staff will utilize the strength of our players like we usually do and we'll prevail!
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:Im not a negative nancy but a realist.....with the injuries, the dumb ass coaching . Worst fake fg in history of football, wastes ti eouts and dumb challenges. The lack of oline and the dumb ass penalties...its donezo.....we got one ring w this group. Blow it up.

Not over yet stillin playoff hunt. 10-6 or 11-5 may do it. Then will require some great effort and some luck to bring home another SB title. Yet they are definitely not the favorites.
    tersal
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:53 pm
  • Season's are never over until that 7th loss.

We are at 4.

Chicken Littles reign in the early week after a loss. Lets have a little less drama and bit more perspective.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm
  • It is just that many posters are watching which way the "tree" is bending....we have lost two home games in a row. That has not happened in a l-o-n-g time. Watching our Defense play last night was just "painful" ....compared to previous years it is pitiful. Sure you may be a faithful fan and just overlook the obvious weaknesses....that is a choice that many of us simply cannot continue to do.. We will tell it like it is....this team is coming apart at the seams....stitch by stitch.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 pm
  • You're late. I already declared the season officially over last week.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm
  • Rat wrote:You're late. I already declared the season officially over last week.

Screw that noise, I gave up on this season way back in 2011.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:46 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:This team will at least win the Super Bowl this year.

Thats the spirit! :irishdrinkers:
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:Season's are never over until that 7th loss.

Unless it's 2010
    potatohead
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:56 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Six fun weeks of the regular season and 4 playoff weeks. Our staff will utilize the strength of our players like we usually do and we'll prevail!

Man I want some of what you're drinking.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:57 am
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:It is just that many posters are watching which way the "tree" is bending....we have lost two home games in a row. That has not happened in a l-o-n-g time. Watching our Defense play last night was just "painful" ....compared to previous years it is pitiful. Sure you may be a faithful fan and just overlook the obvious weaknesses....that is a choice that many of us simply cannot continue to do.. We will tell it like it is....this team is coming apart at the seams....stitch by stitch.

Yep.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 am
  • So are you guys going to quit watching when the Seahawks win the division and are in the playoffs?
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:16 pm
  • stang233 wrote:I agree. Rest the starters the rest of the year.

Heh wut? If The coaches weren’t on the hot seat already, something like this would be career suicide
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:47 pm
  • we have this thread every year. It's time to stop.
    Attachments
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgdsfgaasdfasdf.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgdsfgaasdfasdf.jpg (17.41 KiB) Viewed 450 times
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm
  • To the OP all I have to say is “Whatever”

I get being PO’d and upset about the 2nd home loss in a row but there are 6 games left in the regular season. Lots can happen still.

Stuff happens, and save for some stupid coaching calls, Wilson’s fumble, the expensive INT, and a missed FG, I thought the team played acceptably well except on 3rd downs.

Far from over!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:So are you guys going to quit watching when the Seahawks win the division and are in the playoffs?

I quit after the first preseason game, I just like the company on the forum.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:07 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:So are you guys going to quit watching when the Seahawks win the division and are in the playoffs?

I quit after the first preseason game, I just like the company on the forum.

I could believe you assuming that the fellow in your avatar is your brother. :stirthepot:
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:28 am
  • I think it's more like 9-7 but still a shot at a wild card.
    onepicknick1
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:21 am
  • My biggest pet peeve....

You can be a realist and POSITIVE as well........

Here is some REALISM from the Falcon game:

No Sherman, No Chancellor: ATL Held under 200 passing yards.

The Seahawks scored more points against the Falcons than the Patriots, an Aaron Rodgers led Packers, the Panthers, and the Lions.

As bad as it was (bad decisions by Carroll, injuries, penalties....) it came to within a couple of feet of overtime.

That's real as well.
    MOSES
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information