Kiss of death - other team has a bad offensive line

King Dog

Reaction score
Whenever I hear how bad the other teams offensive line has been struggling all season that we're going up against, I know we're not gonna get many sacks.

Exittium

Reaction score
And they look all pro in comparison they even get away with slick holds.. meanwhile the Cable effect is starting to work on Duane

SlickRick

Reaction score
Exittium":1ab1pwor said:
And they look all pro in comparison they even get away with slick holds.. meanwhile the Cable effect is starting to work on Duane

Lol duanes went from a solid 10 , o linemen to a 6 , cables magic is working on him

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks our pass rush suck? Maybe its just the important times like on 3rd downs or game ending drives?
SR did get the best one of the year tonite, but we squandered it. What am I missing? we couldn't get to the AZ qb last week? 2 sacks I guess.

renofox

Reaction score
For as much talent/money the Seahawks have on the D-Line, you would think they would be ranked higher than 14th in sacks. Stats aside, the long stretches with no pressure whatsoever just doesn't pass the "eye test". D-Line has been severely underperforming against the pass this year.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
It is just amazing to me to hear the announcer say, this left guard or right tackle has been struggling all season and we've got Bennett and Clark lined up over them and they both disappear short of Bennett taking an offsides or something. I know he's not healthy but how are we not taking advantage of a struggling line ever. Meanwhile every team feasts on our struggling line. Guess the difference is 1 hole vs 3-4 holes

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Serious question, how many holding calls do our opposition get versus the average per game? It's hard to rush the passer when you are consistently being held and it isn't called.

JimmyG

Reaction score
renofox":1utf9di8 said:
For as much talent/money the Seahawks have on the D-Line, you would think they would be ranked higher than 14th in sacks. Stats aside, the long stretches with no pressure whatsoever just doesn't pass the "eye test". D-Line has been severely underperforming against the pass this year.
Was thinking the same thing. We have too much talent to not generate more pressure.

renofox

Reaction score
I think that both the fanbase and the coaching staff overrate many of our players.
Is Bennett a good DE? Yes.
Is he a top DE? No.
He's averaged 7.5 sacks/season since coming back to the Seahawks four years ago.
His best season was 10 sacks.
5 DEs have 10+ sacks so far this season.
18 DEs have 7+ sacks so far this season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3ujnbopq said:
Serious question, how many holding calls do our opposition get versus the average per game? It's hard to rush the passer when you are consistently being held and it isn't called.
Thank GOD, I thought that maybe I was the only one that noticed how flagrant the opposing O-Lines, AND Defenses were at holding, and getting away without being tagged for it.
It's been like that for several games now....Something is very wrong with the Officiating being so one sided.
Something is rotten in Denmark, and folks...it ain't the cheese.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to decipher that the games that we've played in the last few weeks shows a bias against the Seahawks.....These multiple penalties to both our Defense and Offense on nearly every drive is beyond suspicious.
The Seahawks setting new records with penalties = BULLSHIT.
I hate Officials doing their dead level best at trying to keep everything evened-up by holding one side back.
I'm not saying that the Seahawks didn't have their FAIR share of penalties coming, but come on :pukeface:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’m not a big Moose Bennett fan but it looked to me like ha and the rest of the line were giving maximum effort. What I saw though was a lot of outside stunts where the Atlanta tackles just shoved our guys passed the play. Atlanta receivers were winning jump balls (call them 80/20s) so Ryan didn’t need much time. We played a staff that knows what Pete likes to do inside and out and they prepared accordingly.

chris98251

Reaction score
renofox":31zrchyb said:
I think that both the fanbase and the coaching staff overrate many of our players.
Is Bennett a good DE? Yes.
Is he a top DE? No.
He's averaged 7.5 sacks/season since coming back to the Seahawks four years ago.
His best season was 10 sacks.
5 DEs have 10+ sacks so far this season.
18 DEs have 7+ sacks so far this season.

You choose to leave out a factor, he is a inside outside player, his soul position is not Defensive End. If your going to play a game of absolutes then you need to have the all the facts.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SlickRick":2fb6wvto said:
Exittium":2fb6wvto said:

Lol duanes went from a solid 10 , o linemen to a 6 , cables magic is working on him

Yea he's not hurt or anything. Wasn't questionable at all and practiced all week and stuff. Seriously.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawks46":1pm1h14d said:
SlickRick":1pm1h14d said:
Exittium":1pm1h14d said:

Yea he's not hurt or anything. Wasn't questionable at all and practiced all week and stuff. Seriously.

Ohh the irony of it all. Brown sits out because he is under paid, they comes to Seattle where they refuse to pay their oline. We get what we get when we get desperate. And yes, I too expect he'll play down to Cable's line play, penalties included.