Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

So you’re gonna fire Pete?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
So you’re gonna fire Pete?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:47 pm
  • Who do you have filling his shoes? I hear Jim Mora is looking for a job.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Re: So your gonna fire Pete?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 pm
  • Jim Harbaugh.

I'd be seriously fine with that.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 pm
  • Jim Mora, ... dark days those were.
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 pm
  • What’s your suggestion? Because why make a post to jab everyone Wanting to fire Pete
    Me as much as I hate the guy he wins and it would be Hardouche
    Last edited by Exittium on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh can't win with loads of talent at Michigan but he'd be a good candidate.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• After tonight, I'd offer Sarkisian a promotion. He sure seems to understand opponents' weaknesses and be willing to exploit them. Unlike the stubborn goat we have now who spent two years forcing Jimmy Graham to block.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• 3-point loss (on a missed FG) to a team that nearly won the Super Bowl last year . . . without Sherman, Chancellor, Griffin, etc. . . and some losers want Pete Carroll gone . . . LOL.

:pukeface:
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Jim Mora is a clown who insults people 10 years younger than him that he used to coach, pass.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 pm
  • Exittium wrote:What’s your suggestion? Because why make a post to jab everyone Wanting to fire Pete

I wouldn't fire Pete I'm just curious who we can get in here that's better.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 pm
  • hawknation2017 wrote:3-point loss (on a missed FG) to a team that nearly won the Super Bowl last year . . . without Sherman, Chancellor, Griffin, etc. . . and some losers want Pete Carroll gone . . . LOL.

:pukeface:

You're only looking at the product, not the process. This was a winnable game, and our coaches couldn't close the deal.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    Exittium wrote:What’s your suggestion? Because why make a post to jab everyone Wanting to fire Pete

Well let me ask you this,,,, is there a problem?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    400WattHPSHawk wrote:Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh can't win with loads of talent at Michigan but he'd be a good candidate.

He is overrated. Vic Fangio and Scot McCloughan are the real reasons he had some success in San Francisco. Yeah, Harbaugh helped motivate and he is relentlessly competitive, but his offensive system is highly inefficient and much too conservative (he always has several people involved in play calling, which is why the 49ers had so many delay of game penalties under him).
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    Exittium wrote:What’s your suggestion? Because why make a post to jab everyone Wanting to fire Pete

Not with Pete
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

Not with Pete

I would like to see Pete and John stay.

We need to clean house below them though.

some fresh faces as drafting scouts

Some fresh faces at gametape research and presentation

clear out all the offensive coaches lockers (yes, even Pete's kid)

Look at why the defense has taken a step back (communication errors, missed assignments, poor development of cornerbacks, pass rush issues) and make the necessary changes.

We are already going to have a tough time next year with the cap and are going to have to lose some guys, and probably a few good ones. We need to make up for this in strategy, preparation, development and in game decision making.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Jim Harbaugh.

While it sounds nice. He caused all kinds of shit in SF. The players hated him. He is a martinet. I don't think this present group of players would do well under him.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

Not with Pete

Look at why the defense has taken a step back (communication errors, missed assignments, poor development of cornerbacks, pass rush issues) and make the necessary changes.

We are already going to have a tough time next year with the cap and are going to have to lose some guys, and probably a few good ones. We need to make up for this in strategy, preparation, development and in game decision making.

Your second line says it all!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

Not with Pete

Kids
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 pm
  • I'm pissed about tonight but I'm still rolling with Pete but I'm done with Richards at dc and we need a fresh approach to the line coach cause there is literally no improvement in our carryover players, Ifedi looks more lost than ever. Glow couldn't stay in the line up. It's really Britt and 2 new players that are keeping this oline from being even more embarrassing than it is now. Enough is enough.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 pm
  • WindCityHawk wrote:After tonight, I'd offer Sarkisian a promotion. He sure seems to understand opponents' weaknesses and be willing to exploit them. Unlike the stubborn goat we have now who spent two years forcing Jimmy Graham to block.

What the? There are falcons fans that would be okay with paying the Seahawks to take Sark off their hands.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 am
  • Pry Peterson away from UW, he has proven he can win anywhere, he is innovative, he adapts to his talent, he is a disciplinarian, he believes in Defense as well as offense he knows how to do more with less as far as players ability.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 am
  • flmmkrz wrote:I'm pissed about tonight but I'm still rolling with Pete but I'm done with Richards at dc and we need a fresh approach to the line coach cause there is literally no improvement in our carryover players, Ifedi looks more lost than ever. Glow couldn't stay in the line up. It's really Britt and 2 new players that are keeping this oline from being even more embarrassing than it is now. Enough is enough.

Here is the problem with Carroll, he is unwilling to adapt, and hold his coaches to the same standard as his players. When he first came in here he was willing to rock the boat. He fired coaches who didn't fit his ideals, (Bates), and immediately cut players who weren't buying in. Right now he is falling back on the same habits that got him kicked out of the NFL in the first place. I honestly think he is starting to lose the team as well. That "i'm in" and the "us vs. them" mentality/brotherhood that defined Pete Carroll's rise the highest podium in football is no longer present. He built a team that thrived on being outcasts and throw a ways. They were hungry, and unfortunately now many of our players seem indifferent, or distracted. Some players look to have contempt directed towards our coaches, mainly Bevell.

I think the first thing that Carroll screwed up with was the Percy Harvin trade. I think that had some reverberating effects that we're still seeing. Harvin was a divisive individual that clearly divided that locker room. When he got rid of Harvin I think it didn't sit well with a lot of players. I also feel as if the initial trade bothered a few Seahawks -- especially those who have not been paid after proving themselves after many years.

The second issue was that fateful Super Bowl play. We see it in our face every game, and the pundits are still commenting on it. I don't think the players have forgot about it, and ever since that play our team has not been the same. I think Carroll should have fired Bevell after that play, especially for the way Bevell handled it at the press conference. He came out, and said it was the right play call, and then proceeded to rag on Wilson, and Lockette. I think this moment was the tipping point. The guys on defense especially seem to have little regard for Bevell. With this play call, and the way Bevell talked to the media, shifting blame onto the players, I think he needed to go given the philosophy, and the mentality Carroll constructed with this team.

Unfortunately I don't think Carroll is going to last much longer in the NFL. He is looking worn down, and on the ragged edge. He doesn't like he is having a good time out there anymore. I also think he has lost that magic he once had, and is reverting back to his old habits that sunk his previous teams. Our team is too good to be performing this bad. On paper we are one of the most, if not THE most talented team in the NFL. Despite this, we even are struggling to win against bottom feeders this year.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 am
  • What a bonehead call to fake a kick then go for a run with less than 7 seconds to go in the half. Even if they run and get the first down, a single tackle would end the half with 0 points added. A sure 3 points was the only way to go for that situation. Awful Awful awful awful awful awful awful coaching call.... as big a blunder if not bigger than the pass call in the superbowl loss to the patriots. Then to lose the game by 3 points in the end. . . . . awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful coaching and game management.
    Blindside
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:He is overrated. Vic Fangio and Scot McCloughan are the real reasons he had some success in San Francisco.

In all fairness, its looking like McCloughan might be the reason Seattle had any real success too.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:21 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:He is overrated. Vic Fangio and Scot McCloughan are the real reasons he had some success in San Francisco.

In all fairness, its looking like McCloughan might be the reason Seattle had any real success too.

We have known this for a while. It’s time to fix the problem and dump these coaches and give this team a chance to win. Surprisingly Bevell was very good last night. The rest continue to be a hindrance
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 am
  • 1 A Matt Patricia Patriots Dc

1 B Gruden

I like Pete but he has to adapt it is the same ole same ole. Rather u or anybody likes it or not we need discipline on this team. It shows it on the field with all the penalties.

Sometimes u need to take a step back to go forward if an obstacle is in ur way. U dont just keep smacking ur head up against the wall.

It's like this get some new assistants that can call some plays if he is unwilling to do this bye bye Pete. Look at the how long it took us to start doing a damn screen pass. We hit one tonight but we should of tried one earlier in the year. Oh I forgot we might have tried what maybe one all year. One of the games I even heard a announcer say That Wilson say he knows its in our arsenal. It's just things like that just unimaginative play calling on both sides of the ball. Learning how to use Jimmy G took us what 3 years. It's just beyond frustrating.

Game Management is another serious issue.

Get some assistants Pete and cut ties with the trash that you have for your coordinators. Because its beyond starting to reflect on you it is already showing. The fans are starting to get frustrated as well. The 12's are starting to make noise and you don't want that!
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:53 am
  • I’d like to find a head coach capable of fielding a team that does not give way 100’s of yards to stupid penalties every single game. Without the bone head penalties we win last night even with the crazy calls and injuries.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:09 am
  • thegreeninyoureye wrote:1 A Matt Patricia Patriots Dc

1 B Gruden

I like Pete but he has to adapt it is the same ole same ole. Rather u or anybody likes it or not we need discipline on this team. It shows it on the field with all the penalties.

Sometimes u need to take a step back to go forward if an obstacle is in ur way. U dont just keep smacking ur head up against the wall.

It's like this get some new assistants that can call some plays if he is unwilling to do this bye bye Pete. Look at the how long it took us to start doing a damn screen pass. We hit one tonight but we should of tried one earlier in the year. Oh I forgot we might have tried what maybe one all year. One of the games I even heard a announcer say That Wilson say he knows its in our arsenal. It's just things like that just unimaginative play calling on both sides of the ball. Learning how to use Jimmy G took us what 3 years. It's just beyond frustrating.

Game Management is another serious issue.

Get some assistants Pete and cut ties with the trash that you have for your coordinators. Because its beyond starting to reflect on you it is already showing. The fans are starting to get frustrated as well. The 12's are starting to make noise and you don't want that!

I don't want anything to do with any Patriots coach unless that coach is named Bill Billicheck, or perhaps McDaniels decides he wants to be our offensive coordinator. The Bill Bilicheck coaching tree is filled with failure. The only guys that have had any success as a head-coach are those coaching at the collegiate level. Crennel, Weis, and Mangini were awful as head coach. Saban failed in the NFL as well, though he is a good collegiate head coach. Could he do good in the NFL with another try? Possibly, but we probably will never know.

McDaniels is the only guy I would consider, but there are some obvious red flags with him. From a coaching prospective there were times he looked like a genius in Denver -- but he also completely dismantled the roster since he had executive power as well. He decided it would be a good idea to take TIM TEBOW with a first round pick. He also made a genius trade for Seattle's first round pick. In exchange we got Denvers first round pick the next year. They picked up Alphonso Smith, we got the best safety of our generation, Earl Thomas.

McDaniels is great from an X's and O's standpoint, but his ego is the main thing that worries me about the guy.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:30 am
  • adeltaY wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:After tonight, I'd offer Sarkisian a promotion. He sure seems to understand opponents' weaknesses and be willing to exploit them. Unlike the stubborn goat we have now who spent two years forcing Jimmy Graham to block.

What the? There are falcons fans that would be okay with paying the Seahawks to take Sark off their hands.

I'm quite sure he had to be joking.

Dude brah frat boy is known as seven win steve for his inability to muster much more than that at UW.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Re: So you’re gonna fire Pete?
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 am
  • I say Pete stays.

With the level of injuries this team has had, it's amazing we're still playing close games and still in the playoff hunt.

He needs to make some changes with assistants. And a new GM that doesn't look view the draft as an excuse to play day trader and sacrifice getting some decent OL talent.

Yes he made a few baffling decisions last night. But the names being thrown out are a total joke. Cutty Sark, Harpo, Mora Jr. are all epic failures who do everything for short-term benefit and sacrifice the long game.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Leave the other posters out of it
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 am
  • getnasty wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

Not with Pete

The fact that you actually see no problem with Carroll and the staff says a lot.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:17 am
  • I think Pete is safe, but I want Kris Richards gone, our Defence hasn’t been good since Dan quit left. 3rd and 20 converted every time
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 am
  • The Patriots didn’t win a Super Bowl for 10 years before their latest mini-dynasty, good thing they didn’t chase Belichick out the building for that awful 10-6 year when they lost Brady for the year amirite. Since you know, teams win titles without one of their 3 best players all the time
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:40 am
  • Pete aint Belichick
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:55 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Pry Peterson away from UW, he has proven he can win anywhere, he is innovative, he adapts to his talent, he is a disciplinarian, he believes in Defense as well as offense he knows how to do more with less as far as players ability.

I'd take Peterson all day any day. Harbaugh may win, but no way in hell do I want him here. :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 am
  • Once again I don't want Pete gone but if I did Brain Shaw from Stanford would be my guy, Peterson isnt a bad candidate though.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:39 am
  • I'm not ready to fire Pete, but if we don't pull off a miracle and go deep into the playoffs this year.........then he better prove to Allen that he's willing to make changes to the staff and scheme.

If he's going to continue this charade of thinking all is well with his staff and schemes that now aren't working on BOTH sides of the ball? He's gotta go.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 am
  • Also name 5 coaches in the NFL that have been better then Pete since Pete took over. Part of having success in the NFL is catching some breaks that certainly hasn't happend this year and you can say the same for the last couple of years for that matter. Look at the Saints and how bad they have been bet there glad they didn't bail on there coach. Tomlin has been mediorce at best over the last 5 years why haven't the Steelers fired him? I can't believe Andy Reid still has a job in the NFL after repeatedly going 11-5 and 10-6 ever year. For everyone wanting Pete gone remember what we were before and remind yourself that while we might not be as dominate as 13 and 14 it's not far fetched for this team to go on a run again this year. Be careful what you wish for.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Pete aint Belichick

Nobody is, but for some reason people here seem to expect the same level of success as the Belichick/Brady Patriots and anything less is unacceptable and grounds for termination.

Really doesn't seem at all reasonable to me.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:43 am
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:Jim Mora is a clown who insults people 10 years younger than him that he used to coach, pass.

True, but Ya gotta admit that he KNOWS how to lose.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Pete aint Belichick
    Pete was fired and replaced by Belichick.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:50 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Pete aint Belichick

Nobody is, but for some reason people here seem to expect the same level of success as the Belichick/Brady Patriots and anything less is unacceptable and grounds for termination.

Really doesn't seem at all reasonable to me.

Not true, for me anyway.

I love all the intangibles Pete brings to coaching, dude's pioneered a very successful coaching style. I just wish he was more pliable and open to change when his coaches and schemes fail.

THAT'S the quality of Belichick I wish Pete would emulate.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:54 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:

Funny thing about it is i've heard Willie McGinnis say several times that Pete Carroll was the architect behind those Patriot Super bowls.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm
  • getnasty wrote:Also name 5 coaches in the NFL that have been better then Pete since Pete took over. Part of having success in the NFL is catching some breaks that certainly hasn't happend this year and you can say the same for the last couple of years for that matter. Look at the Saints and how bad they have been bet there glad they didn't bail on there coach. Tomlin has been mediorce at best over the last 5 years why haven't the Steelers fired him? I can't believe Andy Reid still has a job in the NFL after repeatedly going 11-5 and 10-6 ever year. For everyone wanting Pete gone remember what we were before and remind yourself that while we might not be as dominate as 13 and 14 it's not far fetched for this team to go on a run again this year. Be careful what you wish for.

I get why you started this post, and while you weren't advocating for Pete to be sent packing, I think you might have underestimated how many posters in here want to see a change, just for the sake of change.
    Saying that Pete lost what was a "Very Winnable Game" is a LAZY diagnosis, was dismissive, and stated without consideration to the upside of the competition, thus, trying to sell one of Pete Carroll's BETTER Ex-Coaches short.
    Dan Quinn KNOWS our Defensive system inside, out, & backwards.
    He knew how to show formations that could confuse our unreliable and anemic Offensive Linemen.
    He knows the strengths & weaknesses of our Defensive tendencies ESPECIALLY with a couple of our BEST Defenders out of the lineup.
    It was a prolific Matt Ryan, (not Ryan Leaf) at Quarterback, Sure Handed Julio Jones & sticky fingers Ahmad Sanu catching EVERYTHING, playing against No Lockdown Lane, & due to injury to our up & coming Rookie, we had to activate a not quite up to speed, Byron Maxwell......and we lose a chance to go to OT because of a straight down the middle but two Yards short Field Goal attempt.
    It's always a bugger to lose a game that close, but pure & simple, it WAS NOT because of "Poor Coaching by Pete Carroll".
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:

LOL, You seem very smitten with Billy BELICHICK!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information