Theory on FG Fake

nwHawk

Reaction score
There might be another reason why Pete called the fake. I don't think he trusts Blair UNLESS it's a low stress situation. The kick at the end of the game was unavoidable with the remaining clock. Walsh needs to go. His time has passed.

Crizilla

Reaction score
if you seriously have more confidence in scoring a touchdown on some wacko fake field goal play where you have the holder side arm it behind the o-line more than your kicker making the kick from what? 42 yards?......i dont even.....

253hawk

Reaction score
It was only 34 yards, and there's no way Luke was running it in for a TD. So the goal was to...get a few yards and go out of bounds?

It made zero sense.

drewba

Reaction score
Terrible call on Pete's part that may have cost them the game.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
There is literally no explanation of that play call, none, zero, cero, zip. It can't be defended, that is simply lack of awareness and or lack of mindful thinking. Coaching isn't as complicated as Pete makes it. Sometimes I wonder how he won a SB here, not always but sometimes.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Like I said before NFS, that play was awesome. They should try it everytime they are in FG range. It has a high chance of success for the other team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That was a terrible coaching decision. Something that rookie coaches do. But Seahawk coaches aren't rookies. Should have went for the points. That was the difference in the game (in the end).

SlickRick

Reaction score
I've noticed if Blair hits first field goal he's fine for the day, if he misses he's a case study. Pete should have let him kick it in the 1st half

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3ny0odi9 said:
There is literally no explanation of that play call, none, zero, cero, zip. It can't be defended, that is simply lack of awareness and or lack of mindful thinking. Coaching isn't as complicated as Pete makes it. Sometimes I wonder how he won a SB here, not always but sometimes.

By putting together an all-time defense, identifying great talent, and being one of the most influential coaches in the Super Bowl era as far as changing how teams play and draft.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I get it, the play didn't work. BUT, I do not think Pete trusts Walsh. Discuss... Why else would any coach try a fake at that point? It begs an answer. I think he gets cut.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I said this in another thread but thought it was appropriate here too. Somewhere Jeff Fisher is laughing...laughing hard.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nwHawk":3uy1qety said:
There might be another reason why Pete called the fake. I don't think he trusts Blair UNLESS it's a low stress situation. The kick at the end of the game was unavoidable with the remaining clock. Walsh needs to go. His time has passed.

So instead of working on your kicker's confidence by allowing him to kick a very manageable FG before a half and not even the end of the game...............you run a stupid fake where your TE has to run 20 yards for the TD or time expires?

Then Pete's call is even dumber than I thought it was if this is the reason.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
nwHawk":145ndwmx said:
I get it, the play didn't work. BUT, I do not think Pete trusts Walsh. Discuss... Why else would any coach try a fake at that point? It begs an answer. I think he gets cut.

Why did he let Walsh kick it at the end of the game then? He didn't trust him in the first half but at the end of the game something changed?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":15xoew0b said:
nwHawk":15xoew0b said:

Why did he let Walsh kick it at the end of the game then? He didn't trust him in the first half but at the end of the game something changed?

Cause he didn't have a choice at the end of the game. What, you gonna throw a hail mary?

The fake FG was just another in a long line of terrible bonehead Pete playcalls. For all that Pete is good at, in-game playcalls and clock management are not his strong suit.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xtpx3p3 said:
seahawkfreak":1xtpx3p3 said:
nwHawk":1xtpx3p3 said:

Cause he didn't have a choice at the end of the game. What, you gonna throw a hail mary?

The fake FG was just another in a long line of terrible bonehead Pete playcalls. For all that Pete is good at, in-game playcalls and clock management are not his strong suit.

That was kind of my point. The fake FG that the team ran is almost as stupid as throwing a hail mary at the end of the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3gwe8olu said:
Sgt. Largent":3gwe8olu said:
seahawkfreak":3gwe8olu said:
nwHawk":3gwe8olu said:

That was kind of my point. The fake FG that the team ran is almost as stupid as throwing a hail mary at the end of the game.

This I agree with.

As soon as Pete saw that the Falcons had their base defense in, and not their special teams FG unit in, he should have called a TO and called the fake off.

But that's not Pete, Pete likes to think he's smarter than other coaches and gets cute. Dumb all the way around.