This team got outcoached and outhearted

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Imagine what the Seahawks could be if they reached their potential. I just watched a team lose via poor coaching, clock management, and grit. All of this can be fixed via coaching and accountability. I don't need all-22 film to tell me what my eyes just saw...

Crizilla

Reaction score
It was bad. Really bad. Atlanta was really fortunate. Quinn simply outcoached Pete on every level.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Crizilla":1toxfnss said:
It was bad. Really bad. Atlanta was really fortunate. Quinn simply outcoached Pete on every level.

Quinn just didn’t get in the way.

PC was bad tonight

ducks41468

Reaction score
Been that way for a couple of years now. Pete gets outcoached on a weekly basis and wins only because of superior talent. Same thing happened at USC.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Yep, was saying in game chat. Pete is washed, don't know where his brain went but his coaching decisions of late suck.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ducks41468":gxrx0s5s said:
Been that way for a couple of years now. Pete gets outcoached on a weekly basis and wins only because of superior talent. Same thing happened at USC.
This. The players love him because he lets them run the show. It’s great to play on the edge but we give up 100’s of penalty yards every game and that stupid freaking holding penalty on a punt that was freakin fair caught is one more thing that cost us the game.

drewba

Reaction score
You'll get no argument from me on coaching, Pete had two really questionable calls that cost the team tonight. I call bullshit on the 'outhearted' and no 'grit' though. The Seahawks were short handed and battled their asses off.

SlickRick

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1oir957l said:
Yep, was saying in game chat. Pete is washed, don't know where his brain went but his coaching decisions of late suck.

I'm glad Pete took us to the bowls, but it's time for a new voice in the locker room

WmHBonney

Reaction score
drewba":bf42r99s said:
You'll get no argument from me on coaching, Pete had two really questionable calls that cost the team tonight. I call bullshit on the 'outhearted' and no 'grit' though. The Seahawks were short handed and battled their asses off.

Agreed. I thought the subs played with heart.

Exittium

Reaction score
brimsalabim":38uxww72 said:
ducks41468":38uxww72 said:
This. The players love him because he lets them run the show. It’s great to play on the edge but we give up 100’s of penalty yards every game and that stupid freaking holding penalty on a punt that was freakin fair caught is one more thing that cost us the game.
That’s what I notice now too with the whole USC comparison.

chet380

Reaction score
1. RW throws a horrible INT ---> 7 pts

2. RW fumbles ---> 7 pts

You can't spot a good team 14 pts and have much hope ... no poor coaching, no lack of grit; just a couple of bad breaks.

RussB

Reaction score
No kam, no sherman, shaq out. Bad penalties, ticky tack refs. I thought they played pretty well despite all that adversity, just feels like the falcons where fortunate to catch seahawks at this time.

To me it feels like their early TD's were kind gimmies do to penalties and the dropped lane interception. If shaq plays i think they win.Terrible loss, looking ahead though to see if they will make the playoffs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chet380":2qx9qagg said:

2. RW fumbles ---> 7 pts

You can't spot a good team 14 pts and have much hope ... no poor coaching, no lack of grit; just a couple of bad breaks.

Those two mistakes can be attributed to coaching. But if you want to give PC some room on those that’s fair. Still.. made some very poor decisions that I’m the end coupled with the early mistakes cost the game

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
chet380":dn9dxypo said:

2. RW fumbles ---> 7 pts

This is some world-class optimism. Yeah, bro, everything went right except for two turnovers. Praise Carroll and pass the wings.

chris98251

Reaction score
chet380":1l2570ln said:

2. RW fumbles ---> 7 pts

Define Couple, looks more like this.

91a6bd3b675abfa67c0400351d77816a

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I don't see that they got out hearted, I saw guys giving it out there but there was some bad coaching decisions and our defense while undermanned didn't get any help with the poor defensive game plan coming in. I place this defeat strictly on coaching.

renofox

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2z7j5rxr said:
I don't see that they got out hearted, I saw guys giving it out there but there was some bad coaching decisions and our defense while undermanned didn't get any help with the poor defensive game plan coming in. I place this defeat strictly on coaching.

:ditto:

adeltaY

Reaction score
I don't think this team has given up a defensive TD since the Carolina divsional playoff game. If we look at just the regular season, I think the last time was vs. the Rams in 2015. It was bound to happen at some point. Ifedi got smoked on that play and Wilson definitely got hit on the head when he fumbled. He was trying to secure the ball but it just popped out.

The pick was 100% a mindblowingly bad throw and I have no idea what he was doing there.