Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pete's Press Conference Today

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Pete's Press Conference Today
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm
  • Wasn't really giving much information on injured players. Said that Earl will be back and Lacy will practice this week, but Chancellor, Reed & Brown he wasn't saying. Basically said that Kam is still getting tests and Brown and Reed will be working day to day and they'll probably be a game time decision. Doesn't bode well IMO for either of them. He did say that if Kam doesn't go, McDougal would move from FS to SS. As happened in the game when Brown went down, Tobin is penciled in as the starter untiil Brown is ready to go

Said both Smith and Clark are good to go.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Pete's Press Conference Today
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 pm
  • I REALLY hope Hsu was wrong about Kam.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 pm
  • Thanks for the recap.

He also had some interesting things to say about Maxwell. Talked about him being played out of position, off the ball, rather than up at the line. Said, "we don't do that here, unless we have to".

His tone when talking about Kam was eerie to me. I really hope the rumors on him aren't true.

I'm glad Brown is a game time decision and not a definite high ankle sprain and out 4 weeks... So even if he misses this game he should be back @SF.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:02 pm
  • Watch only Lacy play on Monday....YAY!
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:13 pm
  • :lol: Still going to run the ball. :2thumbs:
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:I REALLY hope Hsu was wrong about Kam.

Looks like he could be right for a change.

I trust Bell far more than HSU.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I REALLY hope Hsu was wrong about Kam.

Looks like he could be right for a change.

I trust Bell far more than HSU.

Like I said in the HSU rumor thread....anyone with half a brain could guess that Kam was unlikely for Monday. we can hope otherwise, but there's enough evidence out there to make an informed guess.

As for Bell, he's definitely more reliable, but at least he's up front about it basically being an informed guess....of course I made the same "guess" after the game, I just hoped I was wrong and I didn't try to claim anything to be sourced information.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:43 pm
  • How big is the McDougald signing now? Great job by the FO on adding a ton of depth this year as we've mostly weathered the storm on the injuries stacking up.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:45 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    As for Bell, he's definitely more reliable, but at least he's up front about it basically being an informed guess....of course I made the same "guess" after the game, I just hoped I was wrong and I didn't try to claim anything to be sourced information.

Bell and Hsu are a microcosm of how the world of sports "journalism" operates now. Guys like Hsu can puke up just about anything, because they're not employed by a news outlet. While guys like Bell have to wait until they're 100% sure through credible sources.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote::lol: Still going to run the ball. :2thumbs:

Yeah good one Pete! Nobody is buying it.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 pm
  • Not official yet, but obviously nobody is surprised. Being healthy is extremely important in a Super Bowl run, we know this. Fingers crossed he only missed a couple games.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 pm
  • Stingers (and any nerve problem, really) can be tricky. Hope for the best.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 pm
  • Sad to face the reality that the LOB's best days are behind us. They spend more time nursing injuries now then they do playing on the field together. It was a hell of a ride and perhaps there will be some sparks here and there that remind us of yesteryear but unfortunately their best days are behind them (as a unit).

Now it's up to the FO and Pete to keep making smart moves to write new successful chapters.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:42 pm
  • If Brown doesn't play the Hawks will lose and their season will be over.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:05 pm
  • Seafan wrote:If Brown doesn't play the Hawks will lose and their season will be over.

Good God the negative sentiment on .NET this week is worse than usual and that is saying A LOT. :pukeface:

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:40 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Seafan wrote:If Brown doesn't play the Hawks will lose and their season will be over.

Good God the negative sentiment on .NET this week is worse than usual and that is saying A LOT. :pukeface:

What's negative? Do you think a team with 10 wins is going to make the playoffs in the NFC? :pukeface:
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:55 pm
  • Seafan wrote:
    Aros wrote:
    Seafan wrote:If Brown doesn't play the Hawks will lose and their season will be over.

What's negative? Do you think a team with 10 wins is going to make the playoffs in the NFC? :pukeface:

DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:59 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:
    Seafan wrote:
    Aros wrote:

People can have opinions and be down but not leave a game.

I thought we lost to GB too but I didn't turn my TV off. I knew we lost vs Atlanta last yr by 2nd half(being a realist) and watched the game.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:58 pm
  • Just because, Kam probably out, Sherm out, Avril out, Brown who knows, Line sucks anyway right now, no definitive running game, a new RCB and New SS Earl coming off a Hamstring problem that I would bet is manageable but could re-occur. Have a Atlanta team that beat us last time out and is coming off a rejuvenated win, Oh and the fact we are not consistent on offense in any way shape or form. Sounds like we are sticking to the formula still as well.

Just don't have the Stars in alignment. Hope that something clicks somewhere and we shock the world, on paper it doesn't look good.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm
  • But Lacy is still practicing?

I mean, thank God.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 am
  • First time poster from the UK (so be gentle) :D

I must admit with the number of injuries at the moment I am a little worried about Monday night (Well Tuesday morning for me).

I still cling on to the hope of a play off spot but the next few weeks are probably the biggest of the season!

GO HAWKS! :2thumbs:
    DY_Seahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:43 am
  • Image :229031_cheers:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 am
  • DY_Seahawk wrote:First time poster from the UK (so be gentle) :D

I must admit with the number of injuries at the moment I am a little worried about Monday night (Well Tuesday morning for me).

I still cling on to the hope of a play off spot but the next few weeks are probably the biggest of the season!

Welcome to .NET!

Where in the UK are you based? I'm in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:21 am
  • original poster wrote:
    DY_Seahawk wrote:First time poster from the UK (so be gentle) :D

Welcome to .NET!

West Midlands
    DY_Seahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:37 am
  • Russ is gonna have another Texans game this week.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Just because, Kam probably out, Sherm out, Avril out, Brown who knows, Line sucks anyway right now, no definitive running game, a new RCB and New SS Earl coming off a Hamstring problem that I would bet is manageable but could re-occur. Have a Atlanta team that beat us last time out and is coming off a rejuvenated win, Oh and the fact we are not consistent on offense in any way shape or form. Sounds like we are sticking to the formula still as well.

Just don't have the Stars in alignment. Hope that something clicks somewhere and we shock the world, on paper it doesn't look good.

I feel that Seattle can get by Atlanta as they have a deep stable on defense. But the offense and the offensive coordinator...I've never seen it this out of sync, this deep in the season. They have no idea what they are doing.
    F-16 Viper Driver
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am
  • Aros wrote:Sad to face the reality that the LOB's best days are behind us. They spend more time nursing injuries now then they do playing on the field together. It was a hell of a ride and perhaps there will be some sparks here and there that remind us of yesteryear but unfortunately their best days are behind them (as a unit).

Now it's up to the FO and Pete to keep making smart moves to write new successful chapters.

Then it is really important that we don't give them the feel good extensions to keep them around for history's sake. Too many times teams hang onto guys way passed their prime in hopes they have something left. IMO Bennett is one of those signings. Smart drafting and tough choices knowing whens its time to cut the ties to the greats that got us there once is what will advance this team.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 am
  • adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:20 pm
  • Seafan wrote:
    Aros wrote:

What's "Negative"?....QUITTERS who CONSTANTLY showcase their negativity attachments.
    You know the type.... Men & women who insist that there's no hope, who'll poison the well on their way out of town....Like one line in an old Johnny Cash song, "Come Along With Me, Misery Loves Company"
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:14 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    Aros wrote:Sad to face the reality that the LOB's best days are behind us. They spend more time nursing injuries now then they do playing on the field together. It was a hell of a ride and perhaps there will be some sparks here and there that remind us of yesteryear but unfortunately their best days are behind them (as a unit).

Then it is really important that we don't give them the feel good extensions to keep them around for history's sake. Too many times teams hang onto guys way passed their prime in hopes they have something left. IMO Bennett is one of those signings. Smart drafting and tough choices knowing whens its time to cut the ties to the greats that got us there once is what will advance this team.

IIRC, Bennett is playing the most snaps of anyone on the defensive line, which I take to mean that he is our best defensive lineman so far this year. And he is under contract for another year or two. I think he will be good next year too. I do not advocate cutting him next year because he might not be the best next year. His performance next year should be used to determine what to do with him the year after next.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran

if true were screwed
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:11 pm
  • Gregg Bell‏Verified account
    @gbellseattle
    Follow Follow @gbellseattle
    More
    Pete Carroll: "We are going to run the football this week. We are going to run the heck out of it" #Seahawks
    12:53 PM - 16 Nov 2017
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:08 am
  • DY_Seahawk wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    DY_Seahawk wrote:First time poster from the UK (so be gentle) :D

Welcome to .NET!

West Midlands
    Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    reinelt12
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 am
  • Lots of Brits on this board! Love it! :greetingsearthling:
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 am
  • adeltaY wrote:

Huh. Guess our offense is going as planned.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:13 am
  • OTOH, that's what I'd say if I were PC. Maybe help get them less-than-prepared for the air onslaught. (One can only hope)
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:45 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:OTOH, that's what I'd say if I were PC. Maybe help get them less-than-prepared for the air onslaught. (One can only hope)

Let's hope so, because other wise one must wonder what is wrong with the coaches they would take the ball out of the hands on their best player RW.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:18 pm
  • I already know what's wrong with the coaches. One of them is bevel.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:30 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:OTOH, that's what I'd say if I were PC. Maybe help get them less-than-prepared for the air onslaught. (One can only hope)

Yes, people are selling Pete short on this one. He's undoubtedly actually preparing for an aerial assault, like the fantastic Pittsburgh shootout win a season or two ago, and the Texans shootout game this season. This is simple "misdirection" by Pete to not allow the Falcons to be 100% certain it will be an aerial assault.

Of course we're going to run the ball, and run it well. It's just that it might be only Russell Wilson "running the ball well" while Rawls and Lacy get stuffed repeatedly.

Somehow even Bevell seems to be able to dial up the passing game when Pete calls in Wilson and Bevell and tells them, "Darrell, Russell, this weekend, for the offensive game plan, run the 'Chicago Election Day' Offense. Gentlemen, score EARLY and OFTEN."

I was so thankful for the Houston game when Pete did turn them loose.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information