Lane failed physical because of a thigh bruise...Really?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Clearly Houston wanted picks instead but the Hawks insisted on giving them Lane instead of draft picks. Then Houston probably came back with "Fine but if he fails the physical you have to throw in so and so draft pick instead" Boom "failed" physical.

This only cements what happened imo

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's all good b/c the team now has a legit top level LT for at least this year and next.

In the end it may work to the team's advantage by keeping Lane on the roster. If he does passably well replacing Sherm he could have real value which may exceed the late 3rd given up by the voided portion of the trade.

Replacing Sherman with anyone is most likely a downgrade but at least Lane knows the scheme and won't need to be coached up to play in it.

Erebus

Reaction score
At any point after the start of a season pretty much anyone can fail a physical, depending on how stringent a team wants to be. At a minimum, everyone will have some bumps and bruises. Most will be playing through worse. It just means they really didn't want him, despite being in contention for a division title at the time. I don't know if it's because of his salary or their evaluation of his talent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":pu4pcz0v said:
Clearly Houston wanted picks instead but the Hawks insisted on giving them Lane instead of draft picks. Then Houston probably came back with "Fine but if he fails the physical you have to throw in so and so draft pick instead" Boom "failed" physical.

This only cements what happened imo

Bingo.

Houston never wanted Lane, the wanted the picks. Lane just happened to be the only starting quality player we were willing to trade (other than Graham).........and yes I do think we offered Graham.

IrishNW

Reaction score
I kinda figured Houston played us after the failed physical. If this is true that GM is a snake, and John will never do business with him again.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious that Houston wanted the picks and failed Lane on purpose. Someone doesn't fail a physical because of a bruise, and the fact that Lane could play a week later backs that up.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seems about right to me. Harvin got traded for being a hemorrhoid. :twisted:

They probably found out he sat during the anthem, and that doesn't go over well in Texas.

Smellyman

Reaction score
You would think that pilfering draft picks wouldn't be that easy.

HawkerD

Reaction score
HawkerD":29d26kjq said:
Texans probably got sellers remorse and then watched the game film then decided that no way was Lane passing their physical. Knowing how the Hawks coveted Brown, they knew they could get a better deal after the fact. JS was supposedly on good terms with the Texans GM but I imagine he is a little less so after this transparent ruse.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Shady. Doubtful JS does many deals with the Texans going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk