Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Falcons @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ever hear of a playoff game in November? Well this is it. Both teams are desperate to start a winning streak and keep in spitting distance of the NFC's top teams (Eagles, Saints, Rams, Vikings, Panthers). The Falcons won impressively last Sunday beating the Zek-less Cowboys but they have not been the same offensive juggernaut we saw last year.

While we have plenty to worry about on our team, the Falcons are going to have to really bring it to beat us at home in front of the rabid 12's on a nationally televised game. What's our record under Pete in nationally-televised games again? Yeah, impressive. Matt hasn't proven to be consistent enough this season to think it's going to be a cakewalk for him to suddenly get back to MVP form in those conditions.

Russell, however, does have to be in MVP form, and the defense needs to adjust to life without Sherman and scheme appropriately in order for us to win this game. This is a toss up game, I won't be surprised win or lose. However, we are at home with our backs against the wall so our boys get the edge.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Falcons 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-2

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2tnf252c said:
Falcons - 32
Seattle - 27

So says the guy with the suspicious sounding user name..."Pitt" - "Panthers" :Dunno:

2_0_6

Reaction score
This is probably the worst team to play for the first time after Sherm's injury, not to mention the potential of missing both Kam and Brown.. We will see 11+ penalties, multiple times of mis-communication in the secondary which will allow Ryan & company to torch us for 350+ yards.

This one is going to be ugly.

Falcons: 34
Hawks: 17

RTD: No friggen' clue

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":rl3soge1 said:
This is probably the worst team to play for the first time after Sherm's injury, not to mention the potential of missing both Kam and Brown.. We will see 11+ penalties, multiple times of mis-communication in the secondary which will allow Ryan & company to torch us for 350+ yards.

This one is going to be ugly.

Falcons: 34
Hawks: 17

RTD: No friggen' clue

Sheesh!

Debbie downer

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hey bud I hope Im wrong, I just honestly think the timing couldn't be worse facing such a pass heavy team. Freeman will be out, so you know they will pass, pass, pass all game.

iigakusei

Reaction score
The defense and Russ will play inspired football in the 4th quarter but it won't be enough to overcome another slow start.
At the half - Seahawks 3 Falcons 17

Final Score
Seahawks 20
Falcons 24

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Basically a coin toss, feels like a loss is incoming, though. Not sure we'll be able to neutralize their d-line and Matt Ryan and their WR corps might eat us alive. I have to imagine a win would be huge for the team's confidence going forward.

I'll take the home field advantage 3 point favoring and say Hawks win 31-28.

RTD 3-1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russ takes over, yet again, in the 4th quarter, and the Hawks win a classic that we talk about all year.......

Hawks 30-27

raisethe3

Reaction score
Hawks should squeak by if they play clean. Its a matter if the defense that will hold up or not.

Hawks - 24
Falcons - 21

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm having a tough time with this one which imo could end our season or open it up for a run. I'm going the latter. I think Davis makes an immediate impact and we do just enough to stop the atl offence. We are also good in primetime. Imo this is a must win with how the nfc is looking. Real teams are going to start to seperate themselves from the pack. Are we a real team?

27-24 hawks

Ytd 7-2

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Too many injuries. The season is over. Time to rebuild.
Atlanta 27 Seattle 23

RTD 5-4

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawks: 16
Falcons: 27

I'm with Hawk_Nation on this. This could be an extremely rare home loss by more than 10. Our secondary will struggle to keep up, and our d-line which creates a lot of pressure but does so slowly, won't get to Ryan quickly enough to prevent some long plays. We may keep their running game in check in the first half, but as their passing game comes on, we'll miss some tackles allowing some longer runs. I cannot see us running much, yet again.

I hope the team turns a corner offensively, but it may be to much to ask right now since the D is also struggling with injuries. Who takes up the slack?

RussB

Reaction score
At home so seahawks will win. If it was at the falcons i would have picked a loss.

I think the secondary with Bmax and shaq will play alot better than most think and offense will put up some points.

Hawks 24
Falcons 17

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":3sujdqeb said:
pittpnthrs":3sujdqeb said:
Falcons - 32
Seattle - 27

So says the guy with the suspicious sounding user name..."Pitt" - "Panthers" :Dunno:

Nothing suspicious about it. Thats what it stands for. I have a child that goes there. Better go and question everybody else that picked against the Seahawks now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We couldn't stop Julio Jones WITH Richard Sherman, don't think we'll be able to do it without him.

Spirited effort but too many injuries to overcome.

Falcons 31
Seahawks 28

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Not very confident in this one. I think our Offense will be fine if Brown is back, but it is our Defense that worries me. Been giving up a lot of big plays this year, and with Sherman out I expect more than normal. Sherman would lock down half of the field and we won't see that anymore. Teams will test out the full field against the Seahawks for the first time in a long time. And the Falcons (with all their weapons) were one of the few teams that could move the ball against the Seahawks with ease when Sherman WAS in there. Hope we can win another shootout.

Seahawks 27
Falcons 31

My Record to Date: 6-3

RussB

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34pbrwre said:
We couldn't stop Julio Jones WITH Richard Sherman, don't think we'll be able to do it without him.

Spirited effort but too many injuries to overcome.

Falcons 31
Seahawks 28
Sherman was far from 100%, he wouldnt be producing any better than Bmax to be honest.