Winning the Division...

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that the NFC West comes down to us vs the Rams. We all know that we beat the Rams in their house, so even though we are a game back, we still have the ability to win our games to win the division. The Rams need us to lose or they need to beat us when we play each other if they want the title. So I thought I'd delve into the remaining schedule.

Our schedule looks to be a little bit easier than the Rams schedule. Our injuries are piling up a bit, but we don't appear to have quite as difficult the path as the rams do at this point.

Rams schedule

@ Vikings (1st place)

Saints (1st place)

@ Cardinals (division game 3rd place)

Eagles (1st place)

@ Seahawks (division game 2nd place)

@ Titans (1st place technically tied but has the current tiebreaker)

49ers (division game 4th place)

Seahawks schedule

Falcons (3rd place)

@ 49ers (division game 4th place)

Eagles (1st place)

@ Jaguars (2nd place technically tied for 1st but lost their home game with Titans already)

Rams (division game 1st place)

@ Cowboys (2nd place)

Cardinals (Division Game 3rd place)

In green I've shown the same opponents. The only difference there is we flip home/away for the Cardinals/49ers games. This is pretty much a wash. We both play the Eagles at Home.

In Blue is the game where we play each other. Probably the biggest game on either team's remaining schedule unless one of the teams tanks it.

The remaining 3 games show the Rams playing 3 first place teams and 2 of those are away, while we are playing 2 second place teams away and 1 third place team at home.

It's the NFL and anything can happen, but as tough as both schedules are, I think the Rams schedule is just a little bit tougher than ours, which makes for a very fun, but stressful back half of the season.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The great part of our divisional quest is the team has alreadywon 3 divisional contests against each of our divisional foes and two of those game have been road games. I could see the team winning all three of their divisional road games. Winning the home games against each of them will w/o further misstep (= L) result in a divisional championship.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say I think we win the division and surprise a few fans. :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":3id3iamc said:
I'll go ahead and say I think we win the division and surprise a few fans. :irishdrinkers:

Not sure how many fans are writing off our chances already with seven games to go.

We've already beat the Rams in their house, so all we gotta do is beat them at home and hope they lose 2-3 games..........which I think they will now that they're actually playing some good teams.

That means we go 5-2 or even 4-3 will win the division if they also go 4-3 and lose to us again at home.

Totally doable, even with all our injuries.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
This also makes the race for the bye extremely interesting. With so many first place teams playing each other, the top two seeds will have their work cut out for them. Obviously the Eagles have the inside track on #1 but they play both us and the Rams and two games vs the Cowboys to go this year. All big games for them. The Vikings still play the Rams, Lions and Panthers and the Saints still play the Rams, Panthers and Falcons.

Lots of Football left to be played and quite a few big matchups to look forward to as we move through Nov/Dec.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The best way to look at it? They have to win every week. The cliche of going 1-0 every week has never fit better than right now. The remaining schedule is going to create an exciting finish for all the teams in the NFC. Last one standing gets Home Field Advantage. Losing to Atlanta would be an extreme setback but there is a lot of football left and the picture will get much clearer after this coming weekend.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A game out w/7 to play, I like our chances. The Rams not only have a tough schedule coming up, but they haven't had the injury bug hit them........yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2sraxhf5 said:
The best way to look at it? They have to win every week. The cliche of going 1-0 every week has never fit better than right now. The remaining schedule is going to create an exciting finish for all the teams in the NFC. Last one standing gets Home Field Advantage. Losing to Atlanta would be an extreme setback but there is a lot of football left and the picture will get much clearer after this coming weekend.

We don't have to win every week. As I pointed out I see a very real possibility that the Rams lose 2-3 more games this year. That means we could also lose 2-3 more games and still win the division, as long as one of those Rams losses is to us at home so we maintain the tie breaker.

10-6 or 11-5 should be enough to win the West.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I would say the winner of our head to head game is going to win the division. I also think the winner will play the loser in the wildcard round

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Winning the division seems likely to me, assuming there are no more Redskin blunder games. The Rams remaining schedule is tougher than ours (but not by much) and I just can't see them winning the majority of their final games. They are good, but are overdue to pile a few "L"s up. This bodes well for our division chances.

#nomoreinjuriesplease