The Elephant in the room

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok we really have not talked about the Falcons as of yet.

We have a few huge challenges, who knows us better then anyone as far as other teams?

Quinn, he knows our defense better then anyone except Pete, he also knows our offense better then any other Teams coaches, Bradley is a close second. One other thing, who is coaching their offense, yes Sark, who knows Pete's defense and his offense.

Sark is someone that will go outside the box, he will take our tendencies and target our weaknesses. Quinn knows the vulnerable spots and our personnel to a large degree. They can Run and pass as they showed this last week as well. I can't think of a worse scenario to have to contend with as we attempt to shuffle things.

Bevells offense, the philosophical stubbornness, as well as knowing what were bringing before we bring it has us looking at problems all over. Their D line is every bit as good as a unit as our is.

If we go according to script it will be a long night, Monday Night, at Home we usually are on top of our game, I hope we have a plan other then the one we have used regularly to this point.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Not much that can be said except if our secondary backups can perform we may be able to stop Matty from doing significant damage...kind of depends on the D line at this point, and the heart and volume of the faithful at C-Link.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Freeman will be out for game.

That will help us.

NJlargent

Reaction score
The saving grace is that this game is prime time and at home which should even out the coaching discrepancy

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
chris98251":6opbnlpa said:

We have a few huge challenges, who knows us better then anyone as far as other teams?

Quinn, he knows our defense better then anyone except Pete, he also knows our offense better then any other Teams coaches, Bradley is a close second. One other thing, who is coaching their offense, yes Sark, who knows Pete's defense and his offense.

Sark is someone that will go outside the box, he will take our tendencies and target our weaknesses. Quinn knows the vulnerable spots and our personnel to a large degree. They can Run and pass as they showed this last week as well. I can't think of a worse scenario to have to contend with as we attempt to shuffle things.

Bevells offense, the philosophical stubbornness, as well as knowing what were bringing before we bring it has us looking at problems all over. Their D line is every bit as good as a unit as our is.

If we go according to script it will be a long night, Monday Night, at Home we usually are on top of our game, I hope we have a plan other then the one we have used regularly to this point.

Every team knows this defense. There is nothing complex about this defense.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":2l0e4nsk said:

Sark is someone that will go outside the box, he will take our tendencies and target our weaknesses
. Quinn knows the vulnerable spots and our personnel to a large degree. They can Run and pass as they showed this last week as well. I can't think of a worse scenario to have to contend with as we attempt to shuffle things.

The Falcons boards are full of fans who view Sark in much the same way we view Bevell. They want him gone.

Seems to be a trend at each of his coaching stops. The guy is terrible.

Not saying that the Falcons don't have the weapons to overcome his foolishness, but lets not pretend we will be outschemed or outsmarted in the offense vs defense category.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is arguably the worst matchup possible for us after Richard goes down..............a smart pinpoint accurate MVP QB and Julio Jones and Co. Ryan ain't gonna miss open receivers downfield like Stanton.

If we're to win Monday night, this is a game the D-line has to play lights out and destroy Ryan.

Chapow

Reaction score
The Falcons offense has taken a pretty drastic step backwards compared to last season and the only significant difference is their Offensive Coordinator. Quite frankly, Sark has done a pretty poor job this season.

According to many here, our offense is absolutely horrific. Well, the Falcons offense puts up fewer points per game and fewer yards per game than we do. On the other hand, apparently PPG and YPG don't mean anything. Or something. :229031_shrug:

White Devil

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lx0havr said:
This is arguably the worst matchup possible for us after Richard goes down..............a smart pinpoint accurate MVP QB and Julio Jones and Co. Ryan ain't gonna miss open receivers downfield like Stanton.

If we're to win Monday night, this is a game the D-line has to play lights out and destroy Ryan.

:ditto:

StoneCold

Reaction score
This game is our toughest test yet. Missing important part(s) (not sure about Kam yet) on D with a very smart, capable QB with weapons. No doubt we will need some points (more than usual likely) to win this. Offense has to get going to make up for the Defense this game. We've seen they can (Texan's game) and we've seen them struggle. I do think we will need to rely on Russell to win this game.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
RussB":29u3kor4 said:
And pete knows quinn very well too.

Difference is one major thing, Quinn is aggressive, Richard is play it safe, Sark will take risks, when he is on he can blow up a scoreboard, Bevell runs the 4th quarter offense.

The worry is their defense gets a turnover and a quick strike and builds on it with aggressive offensive play calling. Jones is or if it was me be featured against Lane and or Maxwell, both have rust and are playing in a position on the side of the field foreign to them, if they flip Shaq the same goes for him there. That's something if I was OC I would hit on right away while they were still playing tight and not comfortable yet.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Chapow":1bgqmcbs said:
The Falcons offense has taken a pretty drastic step backwards compared to last season and the only significant difference is their Offensive Coordinator. Quite frankly, Sark has done a pretty poor job this season.

According to many here, our offense is absolutely horrific. Well, the Falcons offense puts up fewer points per game and fewer yards per game than we do. On the other hand, apparently PPG and YPG don't mean anything. Or something. :229031_shrug:

Misleading stats. The falcons are currently #2 in yards per drive and #8 in points per drive, both of which are significantly better than our offense. Their problem is that they've had the fewest offensive drives in the league, which is down to their defense not being able to get off the field. They move the ball incredibly well and score effectively when they have it. The reason their points are down is because they are #22 in turnovers per drive (10th worst). Lots of those TOs have come due to WRs tipping balls. I think only two of ICE's eight picks haven't come off receiver's hands.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":2thmod4u said:

These two paragraphs are very contradicting. On one hand the first paragraph says the Falcons offense had taken a drastic step backwards and Sark has done a poor job this season. Then the second statement attempts to validate the Seahawks offense because it is better than the Falcons. If the Seahawks offense is "better" than Atlanta's does that ipso facto mean Seattle's offense is good? Haven't heard anyone touting the Falcon's offense, more the opposite but I have heard and read many pundits talk about how inconsistent ours is.

Both offenses are extremely similar in most of the stats and they are mediocre. I'd be more concerned with our 3r down conversion rate.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1190vu0w said:
Chapow":1190vu0w said:

First of all, :34853_doh:

Secondly, it took a lot of mental gymnastics and reading into my comments things that weren't there to reach the conclusions you did.

I'll attempt to explain in-line.

These two paragraphs are very contradicting. No, they are not.

On one hand the first paragraph says the Falcons offense had taken a drastic step backwards and Sark has done a poor job this season. Yes. The Falcons offense has taken a drastic step backwards compared to last season. They averaged 33.8 PPG last season. They average 21.9 PPG this season. What is the most significant difference from last season to this season? My opinion is that it's the offensive coordinator. Sark took an offense that was averaging almost 34 PPG and has managed just 22 PPG with that same offense. In my opinion, taking what was the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and turning it into the #15 scoring offense in the NFL is doing a poor job.

Then the second statement attempts to validate the Seahawks offense because it is better than the Falcons. No, it does not. For it to have done that, I would have had to have said that the Falcons offense is good and I didn't.

If the Seahawks offense is "better" than Atlanta's does that ipso facto mean Seattle's offense is good? And once again, no. It means what it says, not whatever you want to twist it to mean. I stated that by the stats that are most commonly used to rank offenses, the Falcons are worse than the Seahawks. I was not making a statement either way as to whether or not the Seahawks offense or the Falcons offense is good. You are making assumptions about what you think I mean and your assumptions are wrong.

Haven't heard anyone touting the Falcon's offense, more the opposite but I have heard and read many pundits talk about how inconsistent ours is.
OK. Obviously I can't speak to what you have and haven't heard.

Both offenses are extremely similar in most of the stats and they are mediocre. I'd be more concerned with our 3r down conversion rate.

Look, there are a lot of people here that think our offense sucks. I was merely pointing out that, based on PPG and YPG, the Falcons offense is worse. If you are going to take that to mean something other than the simple statement that it is, it would make a lot more sense to assume I am saying that the Falcons offense sucks, not that our offense is good.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Monday Night Football is the game changer. We have yet to lose on a Monday night game in many years. I'm so glad that Earl Thomas is coming back as he is the key to a great Defense.

hawker84

Reaction score
If we manage to get a win Monday night. Count your blessing. Double digit drive killing/extending penalties will not get it done. Poor game plan and play calling, will not get it done. Missed field goals will not get it done. A slow start will no doubt put us in a hole, it will be tough to come back from. I don't think we'll stop their offense.

Basically we'll have to play out best game of the season, mentally and physically, to pull this one out. We'll have to win a shoot out. Just my take.

chawx

Reaction score
StoneCold":3fjd4b84 said:
This game is our toughest test yet. Missing important part(s) (not sure about Kam yet) on D with a very smart, capable QB with weapons. No doubt we will need some points (more than usual likely) to win this. Offense has to get going to make up for the Defense this game. We've seen they can (Texan's game) and we've seen them struggle. I do think we will need to rely on Russell to win this game.

Agree 100% with this assessment. Russell is going to have to be the best version of himself and make a magic play or two in this game to pull it out. I really hope I'm wrong and we dominate from the start, but, my gut feeling is ...well, lets just say my gut feels like it has IBS when I think too much about this one.

zchurch74

Reaction score
a big factor in this game is if Brown plays and how healthy he is if he does play. Did you see the Falcons right defensive end last week against Dallas, 6 sacks. We need someone with experience to handle their pass rush.

Defensively we just have to keep their WRs in front of us and not let them get behind us.

I agree this will be the toughest game yet.

StoneCold

Reaction score
chawx":3vkt4pj7 said:
StoneCold":3vkt4pj7 said:

Agree 100% with this assessment. Russell is going to have to be the best version of himself and make a magic play or two in this game to pull it out. I really hope I'm wrong and we dominate from the start, but, my gut feeling is ...well, lets just say my gut feels like it has IBS when I think too much about this one.

I expect to be cursing, and groaning down to the wire. I'll be surprised if they blow us out, but there is that chance. I will be even more surprised if we blow them out. It will be another case of last minute heroics. It's the Seahawk way.

Why does the spell checker on the Seahawk fan site flag Seahawk as misspelled?