What will PC do?

Anthony!

Reaction score
So with injuries on defense(offense has some too) the way I see it PC has 3 choices

1. stay as is and hope the defense can get it done
2. get even more conservative to protect the defense
3. Take the shackles off the offense and run what works

I am hoping for 3(about time) but have a bad feeling it will be 2

chris98251

Reaction score
Not sure how you can get more conservative without not taking the field, to protect the defense he needs to score or control the ball even more, which means running game, which means changing the blocking scheme. Even for a short passing game he needs to change the scheme to give Wilson time.

Bevell will need to use screens. crossing routes, seam routes, deception and guys in motion.

They will have to let Wilson call out of plays and audible, there is just so much they have to do to loosen up pressure and allow the offense to win a game and not just hope they can with defense.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I see them doing as much as they can to the roster, hope certain players can get healthy and then stick with the same strategy. Only time the philosophy changes is when the team gets desperate in the actual game.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":kjpnp3d1 said:
I see them doing as much as they can to the roster, hope certain players can get healthy and then stick with the same strategy. Only time the philosophy changes is when the team gets desperate in the actual game.

I hope your wrong,

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Anthony!":emis9463 said:
seahawkfreak":emis9463 said:

I hope your wrong,

Signed,
-seahawk nation

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Anthony!":2jcgcu0j said:
seahawkfreak":2jcgcu0j said:

I hope your wrong,

Me too.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I don't see a major philosophical change to the way things are done halfway through the season. THey might tweek some things but it will be business as usual IMHO.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3d56fjby said:
I don't see a major philosophical change to the way things are done halfway through the season. THey might tweek some things but it will be business as usual IMHO.

again I hope your wrong or we are sunk, FYI they made a major change in 2015 so I am sure the can also it would not be a major change as they do it at times, when they have no choice, it is in their realm to do,

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I can't see switching personnel this time of the season.

I believe Chris is correct,
Bevell will need to use screens. crossing routes, seam routes, deception and guys in motion.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
had2bhawk":1nas6mgs said:
I can't see switching personnel this time of the season.

I believe Chris is correct,

Who said switching personnel? Just go to the uptempo, WCO, boom offense. Not change personnel, we have the personnel to run it already

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Our offense is already a version of the WCO. It's the spread. I doubt we constantly go uptempo. We'll vary it at times to keep the opposing defense on its toes, but it's not something we're constantly going to use.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3quuolzc said:
Our offense is already a version of the WCO. It's the spread. I doubt we constantly go uptempo. We'll vary it at times to keep the opposing defense on its toes, but it's not something we're constantly going to use.

FYI our offense is not WCO at all, sorry, FYI we use it most of the 2nd half of 2015. SO yeah they can, but will they that is the question. It is really simple, go with the what we have been doing most of this year (exception almost all of the Houston game) and struggle, go more conservative and loose, or go to the uptmepo, WCO, boom and move the ball and score.

Now which will we pick who knows

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We'll stick with the spread as it's what our players have been trained to do.

That doesn't mean we won't see traces of the WCO at times. Offenses become homogenized over the years, with play designers borrowing here, borrowing there, that it incorporates may different versions.

It's interesting you want to go to the true WCO, but you want to give Russell more freedom to call the plays. Well, the great Bill Walsh, who some say specialized the WCO, scripted his first 25 plays. The idea there being that the team would practice those plays over and over to perfect them and would run them without hesitation to give the offense a huge advantage over the defense.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3f2uzvtb said:

That doesn't mean we won't see traces of the WCO at times. Offenses become homogenized over the years, with play designers borrowing here, borrowing there, that it incorporates may different versions.

It's interesting you want to go to the true WCO, but you want to give Russell more freedom to call the plays. Well, the great Bill Walsh, who some say specialized the WCO, scripted his first 25 plays. The idea there being that the team would practice those plays over and over to perfect them and would run them without hesitation to give the offense a huge advantage over the defense.

Wish Bevell would borrow a screen pass.

Or a basic hot route

and a brain

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Lots of immaturity once again tonight. To be expected, I guess.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":dn8f3eps said:

They scripted plays to get the defense to tell different looks so they could set them up to create mismatches, Holmgren did the same thing. Yet if memory serves the 49ers still score in the first three quarters and kept scoring as did the Holmgren Seahawks. It was 15 plays also for Holmgren, 25 plays is half a game for most teams. A long drive is typically 12 plays even if it's primarily running game. Your going to get some 10 and 20 yard chunks in there most times.

You don't have to stay on script either if what your doing straight up is working and your dominating, Holmgren used to say we don't care if you know it is coming, we will execute it and your not going to be able to stop it. Walsh had fine tuned things the same way, that's how well those offenses were run with great play callers and OC's.

Which brings us back to Bevell and what he doesn't do even with all the scripts he cannot find a way to run things efficiently.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":i5p9bofo said:

Do you really read what people write? I never said true WCO that is Let me explain, in this case we are talking uptempo, power blocking, WCO with what some of us call a Boom component. So let me explain. Uptmepo does not mean any huddle, but being quicker to the oine, to the play, and going. Usually that means with alot more time left on the clock but not a true hurry up. Th e\power blocking make sit easier for out oline as well as our RBs as it is simple, and much easier to disengage in case Rw runs, The WCO part is in that we have layered routes, which means someone short, someone middle and someone long, not like what we have now which is a lot of everyone going long or short or middle, there is also always a safety valve. The boom part of it is that we will take several chances to go long more so that a typical WCO, it works because they have to honor the multi-level routes. If you go back and look I never said a normal WCO, the WCO is only one component of the offense we are talking about, and FYI everyone on the team now knows the offense well. This offense gives Rw complete freedom to change the play to whatever the thinks will work no just 1 or 2 plays

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":1yh6ejd8 said:
Siouxhawk":1yh6ejd8 said:

They scripted plays to get the defense to tell different looks so they could set them up to create mismatches, Holmgren did the same thing. Yet if memory serves the 49ers still score in the first three quarters and kept scoring as did the Holmgren Seahawks. It was 15 plays also for Holmgren, 25 plays is half a game for most teams. A long drive is typically 12 plays even if it's primarily running game. Your going to get some 10 and 20 yard chunks in there most times.

You don't have to stay on script either if what your doing straight up is working and your dominating, Holmgren used to say we don't care if you know it is coming, we will execute it and your not going to be able to stop it. Walsh had fine tuned things the same way, that's how well those offenses were run with great play callers and OC's.

Which brings us back to Bevell and what he doesn't do even with all the scripts he cannot find a way to run things efficiently.

Holmgren did script his first 15 but often never got beyond 5 before he started adjusting something our OC refuses to do

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":lfwda9rw said:
Siouxhawk":lfwda9rw said:

We are essentially doing the same thing with our scripted plays -- figuring out what the opposing defense presents and setting them up to exploit them down the road.

We're 6-3 and are in the thick of the playoff race, so I'd say things are going pretty efficiently.

Latest posts