Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sherman Going down isnt the end of the world

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • No matter who is in our secondary it will always be top 10 in the league. That Carroll's Jam. He can build a secondary from spit and baling wire. We will be just fine, were not suddenly going to get torched for 400yds passing from here on out.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• Why not? It happened last year when Earl went down.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• a drastically improved pass rush for one and Sherm isn't earl. Earl will be back against the Falcons. earl is far more important than Sherm in this scheme.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:a drastically improved pass rush for one and Sherm isn't earl. Earl will be back against the Falcons. earl is far more important than Sherm in this scheme.

Shall see.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:a drastically improved pass rush for one and Sherm isn't earl.

The influence of a shutdown CB in removing half the field from the QB's view is not insubstantial. Sherman and Earl are both enormous influences on the field and losing either one is a huge blow.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Erebus wrote:Why not? It happened last year when Earl went down.

So they are the exact same person, therefor the exact same outcome?

Sherman and the D got torched against Houston and we managed to beat a good team that played very well.
    Last edited by Seymour on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:a drastically improved pass rush for one and Sherm isn't earl. Earl will be back against the Falcons. earl is far more important than Sherm in this scheme.

Okay but you did say that no matter who is in the secondary, it will always be top 10. It wasn't top 10 without Earl. It's not just the scheme, but the players that allow Pete and Richard to run that scheme. I hope you're right that we can overcome his loss but I'm not confident in that at all.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Well, it's not like his absence will make the defense any better.

Hopefully if Shead can come back, we get him and Griffin starting. That'll help
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• If needed McDougald can play CB. I believe I saw somewhere Pete saying they signed him due to his versatility of being able to play both positions. If Earl is back, maybe they will play McDougald there. Lane was decent when he came in to the game to replace Sherm. So maybe there is hope.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

I agree Earl IS the cog in the backfield
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

• McDougald can play there, plus we may have Finger Wag (Shead) coming back soon. Obviously it's a massive loss, but they can still win w/this offense and this pass rush. Let alone the fact that Earl is likely back for Atlanta. Next man up, no choice. 3 games in 12 days, player safety my fat butt. Gotta' drop the stupid Thursday and London games, it's killing the quality of the games.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• With Sherm Earl and he can hand off and he knows Sherm will cover deep so he can cheat to the right or if Sherm see's something can cheat back deep for Sherm. That is gone, Even with Earl he is going to have to play straight up now taking a few steps away from shading a direction.

Those that want to bitch about how QB's have been throwing at Sherm, he has been hurt since the Rams game, in the film room I am sure people are picking up on how he changed his drop or spacing and challenged him, healthy Sherm makes them pay for that. Injured Sherm tries to limit the damage.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sherm cut off half the field for qbs. That is huge, that is gone now. Doubt j Lane and or whoever they throw out there will do the same. HUGE loss.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• It's not the end of the world, just the end of our championship hopes. Another year of our window has closed.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Will we see more blitzing? I know it is risky putting the replacements in more man coverage but would it help them to have to hold up for less time on the back end.

I was thinking about how from 2013 on, we've had guys miss a few games but except for Earl's injury last year there have been no season enders to the main core of that D (Avril, Bennett, Wagner, Wright, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor). That's actually pretty fortunate when you look around the league.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• It's a big loss that reduces our chances of winning the Superbowl this year. It doesn't reduce them to zero. I also don't buy the closing window argument at all and so even if our chances were zero this year that still wouldn't be the end of the world.

Defenses tend to only be as good as their weakest link, so having Shead, Lane, Maxwell, McDougald, Thorpe, or Tyson on Sherm's side will mostly mean that QBs don't pick on Griffin quite as much. We'll give up more in the passing game overall but our pass rush and run defense should still put us in a good situation to play the pass.

HawkRiderFan wrote:Will we see more blitzing? I know it is risky putting the replacements in more man coverage but would it help them to have to hold up for less time on the back end.

I doubt it. I think our run defense may suffer the biggest hit not only because Sherm was great vs. the run but he allowed the team to regularly play against the run on first down. We'll need Wagner to continue playing at a superstar level.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Nope, they can still win it all.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

and we all know how that worked out.

If people thing the likes of Griffin, Lane, et al can fill the void...contact me..I've got a business proposition to make for you
    rjas77
    NET Rookie

• I'm not sure that losing Earl and Sherm are exactly equal, especially not when you consider the players that we had/have to replace them on the roster. The dropoff last year from Earl to Terrell was huge and it's mainly because Terrell was an UDFA journeyman practice squad player with basically no game experience. McDougald wasn't just some nobody in Tampa Bay and has proven that the scheme can still work without one of the major cogs. He's a much more capable backup than Terrell will ever be. I'm not sure that we can hold onto McDougald after this year either; he might be showing he's a capable starter elsewhere in the league.

Losing Sherm isn't the end of the world, no, but it's not going to make the rest of the season very comfortable. He was still playing at a high level and his yards per coverage snap were still really low. That said, I think once Shead comes back and/or we pick up someone like Byron Maxwell then the state of the DB group is going to be ok. Griffin got beat a couple times last night, but he had himself a good game IMO. Either Griffin moves over to the LCB or Lane continues there like last night until Shead comes back and forces a competition for a starting spot. McDougald could also play some outside CB if they want him to, he looks like he's built very similar to Shead.

It's going to be really interesting to see what they do with the CBs in the next couple weeks. Moving Griffin to LCB might be a hint to the future. I wouldn't be surprised if we revert to playing more cover-3 and see teams try to dink and dunk us to death as we only ask our corners to keep everything in front of them. It's going to be interesting to see how we adjust to having really strong players at the safety positions and somewhat unprovens on the outside.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• AgentDib wrote:It's a big loss that reduces our chances of winning the Superbowl this year. It doesn't reduce them to zero. I also don't buy the closing window argument at all and so even if our chances were zero this year that still wouldn't be the end of the world.

Defenses tend to only be as good as their weakest link, so having Shead, Lane, Maxwell, McDougald, Thorpe, or Tyson on Sherm's side will mostly mean that QBs don't pick on Griffin quite as much. We'll give up more in the passing game overall but our pass rush and run defense should still put us in a good situation to play the pass.

HawkRiderFan wrote:Will we see more blitzing? I know it is risky putting the replacements in more man coverage but would it help them to have to hold up for less time on the back end.

I doubt it. I think our run defense may suffer the biggest hit not only because Sherm was great vs. the run but he allowed the team to regularly play against the run on first down. We'll need Wagner to continue playing at a superstar level.

Good points. Coleman and McDougald are no slouches in the run though. I think these two are the difference why there wasn't as much of a drop of this year as opposed to last year when ET went out. Hoping these two are our hedge against the Sherman loss when ET comes back.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Because Pete has bolstered the play of the guys up on the front line.
    Richardson, Jordan, also, Bennett, & Clark are still going gangbusters+ Wagner & Wright haven't lost their get after it either. Hopefully, Naz Jones will be alright for next Sunday's game....Actually, 9 days to rest up is going to be huge for the entire team.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Nope, they can still win it all.

100 % agree.
    Sherman will be missed, that's a given, but we've seen Pete come through with fielding some backup talent that keeps us in the running.
    If the League Dillrods reins in on the shitty Officiating, we will be finer than frog hair. :2thumbs:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Am I the only one who thinks that Shead might be the best tackling DB on our team? I swear I've never seen him miss one and he's made some nasty open field tackles in the past. The dude is just so fundamentally sound it's awesome. I don't think run defense will suffer if he replaces Sherm.

To those who are saying Sherm was getting targeted more, aside from the Watson game it just wasn't true. He was probably averaging about 2 targets per game or thereabouts. Wish I could pull up the stats but I don't have PFF. He was playing at a high level with a ticking time bomb of an Achilles tendon. What a warrior.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I'm glad to hear calmer, and more rational minds prevail on this one. I really admire and appreciate who Richard Sherman is as a player, and as a human being as well. I think he embodies the spirit, and defines the character of the Seattle Seahawks.

I was as sad as anyone to see Richard go down and out for the rest of the season, on this past Thursday night. To think his absence from the defense won't be felt is ludicrous. Of course it will, more importantly, and more to the point, Richard Sherman's absence from the field has been felt for several weeks now.

Richard hasn't been playing up to speed for most of this season. He said himself he's been dropping off the throttle trying to keep his achille from blowing out for weeks, more simply put he's not been able to really play up to his potential all season, and it has shown up on our opponents scoreboards in every game.

QBs have been aware and have gone to Sherm a lot more than they would if he were his normal self, and have had some pretty good success in doing so. My point being is that we have been playing, in effect, all season without Sherman.

I think that is in part why our defense has not been able to deny and hold our opponents scoring as well as they have traditionally been able to. Pull Earl, Sheldon, or Bobby, out and the effects of their absences are felt ten times over, because Sherm is missing to, the Sherm we all know anyway.

Now I'm going to say something a lot of folks will dispute, I'm sure. We might just be better off with Richard out of the line up, and letting some young gun get in there and try to fill those crazy big shoes of Sherm's. They will be a little easier to fill right now, because his shoe size isn't as big it would have been in previous seasons.

We may even see some improvements in coverage on that side of the field when they try exploiting a perceived weakness, and discover an unexpected strength waiting on them instead. Seattle still has some top talent that can step in to Richard's position, and you can bet your sweet bippy, that Sherman will be giving whoever fills that spot, all that he can, to help them be the best they can be playing it.

A lot of folks out there are ready to throw the Seahawks chances of playoffs, or even crazier, their chances of a super bowl bid, under the bus, because of Richards absence. I say they all got another think coming. Sherm's stepping out for the season could prove to be the thing that catapulted us into a non-stop winning streak. I guess only time will tell.

I don't know who takes the reigns at Sherman's position. I don't have a lot of faith in Lane, he is always injured. Shead might be able soon, but not right away most likely. Mcdougal, who filled in for Earl might be a candidate. He did a decent job filling in for Earl, who knows, maybe he could fill another pair of big ass shoes doing Sherman's job for awhile.

Go Seahawks !
    I am a tried and true Seattle Seahawks 12th man, as are all of my children and grandchildren. I wholeheartedly believe that the 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. The Seahawks are only as strong as their true Heart & Soul.
    pacific101
    NET Rookie

• Rat wrote:It's not the end of the world, just the end of our championship hopes. Another year of our window has closed.

Season isn't over yet but we have a tough road ahead no doubt.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• It's about who you replace him with. Last year, we knew that if you lose Wags, Kam, or ET, your scoring defense surrenders anywhere from 6 to 8 more ppg.

This year, we have been without ET for two games and we have actually improved by 1 ppg from 17 to 16 ppg. There's an enormous difference between Terrell and McDougald. That said, Maxwell has signed and we should also get Shead back at some point as well.

It should be OK.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Erebus wrote:Why not? It happened last year when Earl went down.

Sherman and the D got torched against Houston and we managed to beat a good team that played very well.

I wouldn't say its illogical to suggest that being down a great player at CB1 might impact our secondary's play. It doesn't need to be 1:1 exactitude to ring true.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• ARMAGEDDON!!!

We honestly don't know what the defense looks like without Sherman, cause it's never happened. If Earl's back I think we can slide coverage over to whoever's opposite of Griffin, whether that's Maxwell or Lane.

That means Griffin better play his ass off, or we're screwed. Cause you can scheme to help out one mediocre DB, but you can't two. So IMO Griffin is the most important part of this defensive backfield with no Sherman..............he's gotta play lights out, or we're screwed.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• mrt144 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

I wouldn't say its illogical to suggest that being down a great player at CB1 might impact our secondary's play. It doesn't need to be 1:1 exactitude to ring true.

See my previous post. It hasn't been 1 to 1 with ET this year and last. The only thing we know is that we don't know.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

See my previous post. It hasn't been 1 to 1 with ET this year and last. The only thing we know is that we don't know.

Man, if the coaching staff has the same lackadaisical anticipation of drop off as some of you, the defense is gonna get roasted. You don't need to know exactly what the dropoff will be to anticipate and plan around a drop off. Going into the sitaution basically agnostic of our own team's current strengths and weaknesses seems backwards.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Man, if the coaching staff has the same lackadaisical anticipation of drop off as some of you, the defense is gonna get roasted. You don't need to know exactly what the dropoff will be to anticipate and plan around a drop off. Going into the sitaution basically agnostic of our own team's current strengths and weaknesses seems backwards.

Nah, shading will happen, as it always has, with ET. Film study will give them an idea of what needs to happen. Communication will be key, as it always has.

I don't always say what's on my mind in here because most people don't get it anyway. For instance, I've seen more 2 man press and 2 deep man this year than previous years. If we start to bleed, we might even see more of it.

But we have to wait and see. We may not need to and we might continue to mix more in anyway. Blitzing might reduce, but again, we'll have to wait and see.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:

Nah, shading will happen, as it always has, with ET. Film study will give them an idea of what needs to happen. Communication will be key, as it always has.

I don't always say what's on my mind in here because most people don't get it anyway. For instance, I've seen more 2 man press and 2 deep man this year than previous years. If we start to bleed, we might even see more of it.

But we have to wait and see. We may not need to and we might continue to mix more in anyway. Blitzing might reduce, but again, we'll have to wait and see.

I wish you would say more stuff like the 2nd paragraph because I totally get it and agree.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• I remember when Trufant went down with an injury and some no name kid who used to be a WR named Richard Sherman was slotted to start. That worked out pretty well.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Hawk_Nation wrote:I remember when Trufant went down with an injury and some no name kid who used to be a WR named Richard Sherman was slotted to start. That worked out pretty well.

So the new no name kid who comes in and dominates like Sherman is..........................................?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I remember when Trufant went down with an injury and some no name kid who used to be a WR named Richard Sherman was slotted to start. That worked out pretty well.

So the new no name kid who comes in and dominates like Sherman is..........................................?

Who knows... When Trufant went down, were you glad an unknown former WR was stepping in to take his place?

Its football, injuries happen and some get the chance of their life to make an impression.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Hawk_Nation wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I remember when Trufant went down with an injury and some no name kid who used to be a WR named Richard Sherman was slotted to start. That worked out pretty well.

Who knows... When Trufant went down, were you glad an unknown former WR was stepping in to take his place?

Its football, injuries happen and some get the chance of their life to make an impression.

This team is nowhere near the same team as it was when Pete took over and churned over 75% of the roster giving all those rookies a chance. It's a veteran group with names we're all familiar with.

Unless you're talking about Nieko Thorpe, who's already been in the league for four years, we know who's stepping in for Sherman. Lane and now Maxwell.

So I don't know what to tell you, there are no "new name kids" even on the roster at DB. Just a couple old name men.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I understand your point, but I consider myself a pretty informed armchair QB. This team is nowhere near the same team as it was when Pete took over and churned over 75% of the roster giving all those rookies a chance.

Unless you're talking about Nieko Thorpe, who's already been in the league for four years, we know who's stepping in for Sherman. Lane and now Maxwell.

So I don't know what to tell you, there are no "new name kids" even on the roster at DB. Just a couple old name men.

This isn't just a this year injury, it could very well likely spill into the beginning of next season. There will be a pick or two along with some UDFA's that will get their chance.

Its damn near impossible to fill the void of a top 2 CB and All Pro, but everyone loses a step while others shine. Sure it sucks, but its not going to be the end of the world.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:

George Fant a former basketball star and current offensive lineman. :stirthepot:
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• Perhaps the opposing QBs will salivate at the thought of throwing at will with the leagues best CB out. This may lead to the most exciting play in football...

...the Turnover!

:229031_thewave:
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

This reality check coming to the people that downplay Sherm's importance to everything this defense does is going to be pretty rough.

Dude literally takes away half the field by merely being in uniform.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Maybe Quinn can give KRichard some tips at the galf?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

• I'm bewildered by a number of Seahawk fans, in this thread, in particular, but in many of their other post as well, that continuously give no props or recognition to the present Seahawks offense or defense and the strides they have made this season, and their collective potential to accomplish some really big things this season.

A little reality therapy is in order here I think. The Seahawks team that made it to the super bowl and won, and the one that lost, wasn't as good as, in many respects, as the collective units we have right now. We got wins in a lot of our games back then, on pure good luck and play calling that went our way.

Our Offense is right now, for the first time in a long while, delivering both a viable running game and passing game too our opponents. I think sometimes we tend to recall things as being much better than what they actually were. When our line is able to create creases for Rawls, he delivers like few other Running Backs can, presently or historically, looking back to Rawls stats, when he filled in for Marshawn, who couldn't stay healthy or get anything going in his run game at that juncture of his career, proved to all of us that he is the real deal, and deserves every opportunity we can give him to show us we got it right.

Duane Brown is making a difference in our offence and more specifically in our run game. Our passing game, while not always pretty, is effective, and statistically, Russell's numbers are off the charts and better than most other comparable QBs in the league. Why you think this present collective of players cant compete with, and more importantly defeat any team out there, I'll never understand.

Can they be defeated? Sure, its pro football, ups and downs, good call, bad calls, anything is possible. one thing is for sure, any team out there that thinks the Seahawks can't or won't whip their ass, is deluding themselves, and are most likely going to have their butts handed to them. I have never lost sight of the crazy wonderful spirit that drives this team to places that many never thought possible, and often times makes it look easy doing it. Most importantly that have shut our critics up, when they had counted us out.

I hope the Seahawks shut their own worst critques up , which are many of their own proclaimed fans, who have no faith in their own team, and offer up only pessimism and harsh criticisms,. by doing what only the Seattle Seahawks can do and that is deliver by catching fire thru November and December, and set themselves up, for another shot at the Super Bowl Title in 2018.

If they manage to get er done, I wonder how many of our critical fans, who refused to acknowledge what incredible strides, were made by both our offense and defense this season, will be posting about how they always believed in them, and how they were always confident they knew they could do it, never doubted them, not even for a second. It would be refreshing if all the hyper critics and doubters would simply say "pass the salt and pepper please, I've got serious serving of crow to swallow" when that time arrives ,

I'll be on record right here and right now, that I have seen incredible progress in both our offense and defense this season. We have some incredible young talents who have risen to the challenges placed before them, and the additions and returns of experienced veterans to our lineups, and who all combined have given the Seahawks a very real chance of winning it all and showing the world the magic of the 12th man, and the spirit of the Seattle Seahawks is truly well and very much alive.

go Seahawks !
    I am a tried and true Seattle Seahawks 12th man, as are all of my children and grandchildren. I wholeheartedly believe that the 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. The Seahawks are only as strong as their true Heart & Soul.
    pacific101
    NET Rookie

• mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:See my previous post. It hasn't been 1 to 1 with ET this year and last. The only thing we know is that we don't know.

I wish you would say more stuff like the 2nd paragraph because I totally get it and agree.

I don't..man that is super smart.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• pacific101 wrote:I'm bewildered by a number of Seahawk fans, in this thread, in particular, but in many of their other post as well, that continuously give no props or recognition to the present Seahawks offense or defense and the strides they have made this season, and their collective potential to accomplish some really big things this season.

A little reality therapy is in order here I think. The Seahawks team that made it to the super bowl and won, and the one that lost, wasn't as good as, in many respects, as the collective units we have right now. We got wins in a lot of our games back then, on pure good luck and play calling that went our way.

Our Offense is right now, for the first time in a long while, delivering both a viable running game and passing game too our opponents. I think sometimes we tend to recall things as being much better than what they actually were. When our line is able to create creases for Rawls, he delivers like few other Running Backs can, presently or historically, looking back to Rawls stats, when he filled in for Marshawn, who couldn't stay healthy or get anything going in his run game at that juncture of his career, proved to all of us that he is the real deal, and deserves every opportunity we can give him to show us we got it right.

Duane Brown is making a difference in our offence and more specifically in our run game. Our passing game, while not always pretty, is effective, and statistically, Russell's numbers are off the charts and better than most other comparable QBs in the league. Why you think this present collective of players cant compete with, and more importantly defeat any team out there, I'll never understand.

Can they be defeated? Sure, its pro football, ups and downs, good call, bad calls, anything is possible. one thing is for sure, any team out there that thinks the Seahawks can't or won't whip their ass, is deluding themselves, and are most likely going to have their butts handed to them. I have never lost sight of the crazy wonderful spirit that drives this team to places that many never thought possible, and often times makes it look easy doing it. Most importantly that have shut our critics up, when they had counted us out.

I hope the Seahawks shut their own worst critques up , which are many of their own proclaimed fans, who have no faith in their own team, and offer up only pessimism and harsh criticisms,. by doing what only the Seattle Seahawks can do and that is deliver by catching fire thru November and December, and set themselves up, for another shot at the Super Bowl Title in 2018.

If they manage to get er done, I wonder how many of our critical fans, who refused to acknowledge what incredible strides, were made by both our offense and defense this season, will be posting about how they always believed in them, and how they were always confident they knew they could do it, never doubted them, not even for a second. It would be refreshing if all the hyper critics and doubters would simply say "pass the salt and pepper please, I've got serious serving of crow to swallow" when that time arrives ,

I'll be on record right here and right now, that I have seen incredible progress in both our offense and defense this season. We have some incredible young talents who have risen to the challenges placed before them, and the additions and returns of experienced veterans to our lineups, and who all combined have given the Seahawks a very real chance of winning it all and showing the world the magic of the 12th man, and the spirit of the Seattle Seahawks is truly well and very much alive.

go Seahawks !

You down talk fans that see critical issues, and call them over critical fans, when your a shit show on offense all you can do is go up, our line has been bottom feeders for three years, despite being drafted at respectable rounds for talent. Other teams seem to be able to use pretty much anyone and have a respectable showing. Saying our offense is respectable and that we have a running game is just ignoring the facts, we suck, Wilson being included in the Stats sway them, ignore his contributions in desperation and what do we have.

Sorry not buying the spiked Kool Aide, having watched football no for 50 years plus I can see a respectable or a good offense, I also know what a broken offense looks like. Remember when Warner went down and Knox brought in just about every Running back he could find, Franco Harris anyone? He finally had to concede his philosophy had to change to win games and put the ball in Krieg's hands.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Seymour wrote:

I'm appreciating the irony of posting the Spock picture and then using an exceptional case as the norm.

Yes, we beat Houston in a shootout, but that's not exactly a representative performance by our offense this season. If they don't figure a way to put up points on a regular basis, they're putting a hell of a lot of pressure on the defense. Keep in mind we beat Houston courtesy of two Sherman interceptions and a pick-six from Thomas in addition to Wilson's heroics. Without Sherman, do we win that game?

Having said that, Carroll knows secondary, and knows how to use Byron Maxwell, who was not used properly by the Eagles or Dolphins. Maxwell needs to get physical at the line, not drop back and run with people. He could return to form as a decent corner in our environment.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• pacific101 wrote:I'm bewildered by a number of Seahawk fans, in this thread, in particular, but in many of their other post as well, that continuously give no props or recognition to the present Seahawks offense or defense and the strides they have made this season, and their collective potential to accomplish some really big things this season.

The only strides I see is an improved front line with Richardson and some good at times play from a couple of rookies in Shaq and Coleman. Thats on defense. Besides the signing of Brown on the Oline (who has played about 1 game for us), what strides on offense have we made? Its the same crap show as last season with a worse run game. I think its a regression actually.

Your crazy. We were better in every aspect in 2013 and 2014 than we are now. We've never been able to replace Browner even to this day, our Oline was better all the way across, we still miss tate, Marshawn Lynch, we were younger, faster, hungrier. No idea how you can make such a statement to be honest. I guess we have Jimmy Graham now and he looks great on paper, but I would much rather have a healthy Zach Miller. Pure luck wins? Revisit the Rams game and the half inch we were away from losing that. 41 against the Texans which rarely ever happens. Theres no difference.

Viable run game? We have absolutely NO run game. This team is so sad at running the ball that our QB leads the team in yardage. Rawls has done nothing this season. Nothing. Viable running game,,,,,,,,insane.

Brown is a nice pick up but he hasent made much an impact yet. We still cant run the ball. Like I said, its nice to have a stud at LT, but when the other pieces stink to high heaven, its kind of a moot point. As for Wilson, he's playing lights out for the majority of the time, but thats because he has to. Sure we can beat any team, but we arent good enough that I feel they can do so on a consistent basis. Lets face it, nobody is afraid of the Seahawks right now and for good reason. We arent what we used to be.

They havent shut anybody up. A lot of people lose sight of whats really going on because we are fans of the team, but this team is broken right now and has been for awhile (since the worst play call in SB history in my opinion, but lets not get into that conversation). In 2015 when the Panthers destroyed us in the playoffs (admit it, they let up big time in the 2nd and the score didnt look as bad as it really was), I stepped back and said 'Woah', something aint right here. Last year I didnt give us a chance against Atlanta because I was being realistic. We got beat up on. This year I counted the Packers as a sure loss. You saw what happened. I give this team a 0% chance of winning the SB this season or even making it to that point. Playoffs would be a triumph right now The team is in a horrid regression but die hard fans cant see it for some reason.

I sincerely hope your right, but I dont have enough confidence in the coaching staff to believe it can happen.

I'll be the very first person in line to eat that crow and hope to goodness I am, but I dont think anybodys in a rush to pluck that bird at this time.

go Seahawks !

I'm going on record now stating that its going to be a tough road even making the playoffs with our regressing offense and a defense that is now missing a key player within the LOB while the others are barely hanging on as is.

Go Seahawks
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Wow, gonna' go kick some puppies now too? :lol:

I'd rather believe in the team, and have them lose, than assume the worst and be right about it. To each his own.
    I don't get the assuming the worst stuff, just like people don't get my positive outlook. It is what it is. I just sometimes wonder what would be fun about doom and gloom? Seems like a lot of work :2thumbs:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pretending the problems dont exist doesnt get rid of them.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• pittpnthrs wrote:Pretending the problems dont exist doesnt get rid of them.

Neither does worrying about them, so essentially you're doing exactly the same...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Assuming the worst and acting like the world has come to end doesn't help either.
    Might as well say they are going 6-10
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information