Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Russell Wilson LEGIT MVP Candidate

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Russell Wilson LEGIT MVP Candidate
Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:01 am
  • Personally, I don't think any of them get it. Gurley should win it. Lets face it, the Rams aren't winning because of Jared Goff.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:17 am
  • MD5eahawks wrote:Personally, I don't think any of them get it. Gurley should win it. Lets face it, the Rams aren't winning because of Jared Goff.

Perhaps we will see.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:24 pm
  • northseahawk wrote:I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

I guess this is the small group of people that no matter if Wilson literally shits on the field, you guys would still worship him!

I would call that throw luck if he didnt do something like that damn near every week. It ceases to be luck after its repeated a hundred times.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:04 pm
  • The only reason we are in any game (ok, I'll give you the Texans game) is our defense. We're annually in the top 5 scoring defenses. All we need is an offense capable of exceeding the meager total the opponent can muster against us, which on average is one of the lowest in the NFL.

I have a hard time saying wow the defense is absolutely tremendous - perhaps the best the NFL has ever seen, and by the way Russell here's your MVP for mostly guiding the offense to scoring more than the league's consistently best defense allows.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:05 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    northseahawk wrote:I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

I guess this is the small group of people that no matter if Wilson literally shits on the field, you guys would still worship him!

I would call that throw luck if he didnt do something like that damn near every week. It ceases to be luck after its repeated a hundred times.

Actually, they talked about it on 710 with Huard and it was not luck, he actually talked about how you could see Rw motion on the run some to Baldwin, and how he threw it to were Baldwin was, when he could easily have thrown it away given he was way out of the box. The problem here is a small number of people and their multiple aliases look for anything they can use to downplay RW. If he has a great game all they want to talk about it some missed through or a sack, or he could have gotten 1 yard more here or there. sometimes they just make it up,
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    northseahawk wrote:I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

Actually, they talked about it on 710 with Huard and it was not luck, he actually talked about how you could see Rw motion on the run some to Baldwin, and how he threw it to were Baldwin was, when he could easily have thrown it away given he was way out of the box. The problem here is a small number of people and their multiple aliases look for anything they can use to downplay RW. If he has a great game all they want to talk about it some missed through or a sack, or he could have gotten 1 yard more here or there. sometimes they just make it up,

Yes, and they do actually practice those prison break plays -- positioning, space, etc. -- because they realize what a special talent Russ is on the scramble.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:36 pm
  • Without Wilson the Seahawks wouldn’t have an offense. He is the Seahawks offense so that puts in the hat as a MVP candidate. Like Russell Westbrook for the Thunder last season.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 pm
  • iigakusei wrote:You can't give the MVP to a QB on an offense this bad. You just can't. Unfair? Maybe. But you can't.

Guess again....

How far can one player single-handedly carry a team? Well, right now, the Seahawks hold the fifth seed in the NFC playoff picture thanks to their quarterback. We saw him once again Houdini his way around the field Thursday night, leading Seattle to its fifth win in the last six games. He is the definition of "Most Valuable Player."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877137/article/offensive-player-rankings-week-11-russell-wilson-for-mvp
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:You can't give the MVP to a QB on an offense this bad. You just can't. Unfair? Maybe. But you can't.

Guess again....

How far can one player single-handedly carry a team? Well, right now, the Seahawks hold the fifth seed in the NFC playoff picture thanks to their quarterback. We saw him once again Houdini his way around the field Thursday night, leading Seattle to its fifth win in the last six games. He is the definition of "Most Valuable Player."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877137/article/offensive-player-rankings-week-11-russell-wilson-for-mvp

As it stands 2 Steelers and Brady ahead of him, where do East Coaster put their money unless there is no choice?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 am
  • I truly don't care if he gets it or not. He's the MVP of this team, clearly. And we will need him to take it next level the rest of the way.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:You can't give the MVP to a QB on an offense this bad. You just can't. Unfair? Maybe. But you can't.

Guess again....

As it stands 2 Steelers and Brady ahead of him, where do East Coaster put their money unless there is no choice?

Ya, I don't think he'll win it unless we make the SB (or more heroics weekly), but just saying that it is possible, and he is in the conversation already.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am
  • They don't factor playoff game performances into MVP voting. It's purely based on the regular season. If we can get to 11-5 and Russ can pass for about 4500 with 32+ TDs and fewer than 10 picks, he has a shot.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm

• I’d like to know who #2 was, and what his stats were.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:42 pm
  • If he puts the team on his back and pulls off a victory against ATL on MNF he might become the front runner. With our mounting injuries and a recent loss at home against WASH. I can't believe we are favored to win. It well take a supreme night from Russ and or DL to terrorize Ryan and I think we could pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 pm
  • northseahawk wrote:I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

I guess you're in the smaller group of people who will denounce Russell for making a play that only he could make. The fact that he got that ball off was pretty amazing to being with. I'm assuming you didn't watch the first 8 seconds of the play where Russell makes a few defenders miss and fall on their asses like fat 8th graders.

I'm going to go ahead and worship the guy who's accounted for the highest percentage of scrimmage yards for his team in the entire Super Bowl era.

Russell Wilson IS the offense and the Seahawks are likely a playoff team.

Russell Wilson is the MVP of the NFL without even a sliver of a doubt, as things stand right now.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:57 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:

I guess you're in the smaller group of people who will denounce Russell for making a play that only he could make. The fact that he got that ball off was pretty amazing to being with. I'm assuming you didn't watch the first 8 seconds of the play where Russell makes a few defenders miss and fall on their asses like fat 8th graders.

I'm going to go ahead and worship the guy who's accounted for the highest percentage of scrimmage yards for his team in the entire Super Bowl era.

Russell Wilson IS the offense and the Seahawks are likely a playoff team.

Russell Wilson is the MVP of the NFL without even a sliver of a doubt, as things stand right now.

82 Percent of the offense, ok as a DC that's a easy defense, hit him and hit him harder, take him away and that leaves the rest of the Seahawks with 18 percent of the offense.

Yeah easier said then done, but a solid hit on him or a Bounty and yeah it still happens you can count on it, kind of why spearing a guy in the jaw isn't a surprise and the Seahawks are easy to defend and beat.

Before people go off on wishing injury crap, I do not want Wilson injured, but where money and titles come in well we know how things really are.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:24 am
  • From the Professor...

If anyone has doubts about his case for being MVP, look at these numbers: He’s accounted for 82.1 percent of the offensive yards. No quarterback in the Super Bowl era has had a number like that. He has the sixth-best quarterback rating when he’s out of the pocket (100.7). He’s fifth-best on throws from three-step drops, completing 32-of-46 for 261 yards. He’s thrown 52 deep passes, most in the league. He’s fourth-best when he’s under pressure, with a 77.3 quarterback rating. He ranks 10th with a 107.9 quarterback rating. The 6.77 yards out of empty backfield formations if the fifth best in the league.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/368154/cl ... s-falcons/

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 pm
  • I think at the end of the year it will be between RW and Brady. No WR or RB is having the type of year to win it.

I still stand by my statement that Aaron Rodgers is the most valuable player to his team. They go from a double digit win team, to probably a 3 win team.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:00 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I think at the end of the year it will be between RW and Brady. No WR or RB is having the type of year to win it.

I still stand by my statement that Aaron Rodgers is the most valuable player to his team. They go from a double digit win team, to probably a 3 win team.

well, you are entitled to your opinion but there is no way to prove that they would only win 3 without Rodgers all season, just like I could say we \wold only win 3 without Rw but I can't prove it. Given how much of the offense Rw is producing I could easily argue he is more valuable as he is producing a higher % of team yards than Rodgers was before he went down. Also higher % of team scoring than Rodgers.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:37 pm
  • Not to take anything away from Russ, but Doug told Gee Scott that Russ just threw it up or tried to get it out of bounds and Doug happened to be there to catch it. Pretty funny stuff.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 pm
  • Literally the only way he's a legit objective MVP candidate is if the Seahawks win out.

Even if we do that will still probably only get us a 4 seed.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Not to take anything away from Russ, but Doug told Gee Scott that Russ just threw it up or tried to get it out of bounds and Doug happened to be there to catch it. Pretty funny stuff.

You know what they say. Winner makes their own luck.
    Aw Mang
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:34 pm
  • Aw Mang wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Not to take anything away from Russ, but Doug told Gee Scott that Russ just threw it up or tried to get it out of bounds and Doug happened to be there to catch it. Pretty funny stuff.

Yeah they can make their own luck but can't block 300 pound defensive lineman.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:10 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Aw Mang wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Not to take anything away from Russ, but Doug told Gee Scott that Russ just threw it up or tried to get it out of bounds and Doug happened to be there to catch it. Pretty funny stuff.

Yeah they can make their own luck but can't block 300 pound defensive lineman.

You're right, but he can, and time after time, HAS juked 300 pound D Linemen, who wound up falling flat on his face trying to tackle him, AND MADE MULTIPLE SENSATIONAL PLAYS...Earning him that 82.1 success record.
    I would love to see Cable DEVELOP a better than bottom of the League Pass PrO-Line...Can you imagine what his number might look like if they just improved by a mere 10%? :!: :!: :!:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 pm
  • As weird as it sounds, I think we'd hit the point of diminishing returns quickly as the OL gets better. I think the benefit of having an average one vs. an elite one would be much less with Russ than some of us realize. I think he'd bail out of a clean pocket after four seconds max. There aren't many who just stand in there and survey the field for ages. Romo was amazing at it, give that guy a clean pocket and he'd stand there happily and hit someone for a huge gain every time. 3rd and 20 vs. the Hawks.... painful memory.

Of course, what we have is waaaaaayyy below average so that sucks and Russ deserves better. :(
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information