Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Carroll needs to call out the officials

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Carroll needs to call out the officials
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:32 am
  • He needs to call them out, be specific about the issue and harp on it until the next game.

    He needs to reference specific clips in MULTIPLE games where the officials continually allow defenders to hit our receivers before the ball gets there.

    Fine or not, this team is literally being forced to play on a slanted field and this is happening both at home and on the road.

    The Redskins game was filled with plays where their defender repeatedly hits our receiver before the ball gets there. The Cards game was the same thing.

    In ANY play where our secondary arrives before the ball, it is becomes PI. So Carroll needs to call out that we are being forced to play games where the officials overlook PI repeatedly and it kills our drives.

    This is not just the Cards game, but in the Cards and Redskins game it was egregious and one-sided.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2390
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • agreed, it normally doesn't last but the complaining usually works for at least the next game. and with Julio coming to town we need any help we can get. plus im sure Mr. Allen can afford to pay the fine for him.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 140
    Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:20 pm


  • I've always kind of accepted this team will be penalized just by the physicality they play with but it needs to go both ways. You can't get flag happy on ticky tack calls and then eat your whistle when the Seahawks get mugged early. Same thing with offensive holding - our guys have a knack to get beat and sometimes get caught trying to slow them down but our DL will get pulled sideways in a clear hold and nothing. It's certainly frustrating.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3497
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • I agree something should be said, yesterday was one of the first times iv been completely beside myself
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 585
    Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:19 pm


  • Pete has complained several times over the years for them just to call the game the same for both teams. Falls on def ears
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1034
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:40 am


  • Seymour wrote:Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:


    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 186
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


  • There is a snowball effect with penalties sometimes labeled the Michael Jordan effect. It's well known that humans attempt to fit new information into what they expect to see, and if you get a rep for something (Kearse OPI) then you're probably going to be called for it too often. I don't think it's a conspiracy but it is unconscious bias and it's very important that officials are aware of that and judge each play on it's own merits rather than their preconceptions.

    What is the likelihood that the block in the back on their TD goes uncalled if it was committed by us? I put it around zero percent.
    User avatar
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3209
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • He will, he'll send those ticky tack horrible calls against Shaq and Coleman to the league office for review.

    That's the kind of crap that makes people think the games are fixed. Refs were HORRIFIC last night.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Seeing Pete's face when they overturned the fumble was priceless. He was literally floored at the stupidity of it all. Had to turn away

    Even douchebag Arians seemed to be in shock.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2048
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • I loved that after a slew of shit flags and calls all night that during halftime then NFL takes a jab at us for Sunday’s loss.. Then a twist of the dagger with the SB lol. So much bullshit
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

    The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    User avatar
    Exittium
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Mad Dog wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:


    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"


    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:


    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"


    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58



    You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

    The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2048
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • Hawkpower wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:


    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"


    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58



    You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

    The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.


    My opinion is correct. He said ONLY one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:


    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"


    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58


    You're leaving out some things that don't make sense. Yeah the penalties were close but there were a few that weren't called like the one on Lockett yet Griffin gets one for playing absolutely great defense. Even Collingsworth said if he was Pete or a Seahawks fan he would be upset too implying it was terrible.
    User avatar
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6380
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, Washington


  • Seymour wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"


    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58



    You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

    The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.


    My opinion is correct. He said one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.



    It was the nature of the calls. 12-9 doesnt tell the whole story.

    Our style of play should not in any way impact the way a game is called. Dont defend that nonsense.

    PI should be PI regardless. Last night that was not the case. They were allowing AZ to be physical in the secondary and not granting that same freedom to Seattle. That's BS.

    But hey, if you want to believe that a few false starts by AZ (calls that have to be made and not really open to interpretation) make it suddenly fair go ahead and play the contrarian role.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2048
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • austinslater25 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:


    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"


    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58


    You're leaving out some things that don't make sense. Yeah the penalties were close but there were a few that weren't called like the one on Lockett yet Griffin gets one for playing absolutely great defense. Even Collingsworth said if he was Pete or a Seahawks fan he would be upset too implying it was terrible.


    I could find penalties EVERY GAME that are not called that should be. Also for the 3rd time yes we had some BS calls like 2-3 maybe. I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"


    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58



    You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

    The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.


    My opinion is correct. He said ONLY one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.


    Did you watch the game?

    In the first half Arizona had six, SIX unsuccessful third downs (one may have been second down and four were on one TD drive) converted into first downs by penalty. Two were illegal hands to the face which were essentially non-existent, one was Luke Willson falling onto a dudes legs and another was Michael Bennett phantom facemask on Stanton when he actually just grabbed his shoulder pad. Arizona also had two (maybe three) penalties against their punt receiving team pushing them back 10 yards to start a drive which is not nearly as penal. The numbers do not tell the whole story.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 129
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am


  • TwistedHusky wrote:He needs to call them out, be specific about the issue and harp on it until the next game.

    He needs to reference specific clips in MULTIPLE games where the officials continually allow defenders to hit our receivers before the ball gets there.

    Fine or not, this team is literally being forced to play on a slanted field and this is happening both at home and on the road.

    The Redskins game was filled with plays where their defender repeatedly hits our receiver before the ball gets there. The Cards game was the same thing.

    In ANY play where our secondary arrives before the ball, it is becomes PI. So Carroll needs to call out that we are being forced to play games where the officials overlook PI repeatedly and it kills our drives.

    This is not just the Cards game, but in the Cards and Redskins game it was egregious and one-sided.

    IF he complains, it will fall on deaf ears.
    The NFL Powers that be are SHAPING games so they don't become blowouts.
    What the DUMBASSES fail to realize, is that the viewers aren't so stupid, that the can't see right through their charade.
    I quit watching phony wrestling when I was about 10 Years old because the acting by the Referee's and the wrestlers had gotten so blatantly absurd, that it became unwatchable.
    People hate being played for fools, and by their attempts at shaping & FIXING games, they are risking losing viewership and in the end, could very well end up biting the NFL in the A$$.
    I'm not interested in who the >>NFL<< WANTS to win it all.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6309
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • potatohead wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

    You may want to try some new glasses.

    Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58



    You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

    The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.


    My opinion is correct. He said ONLY one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.


    Did you watch the game?

    In the first half Arizona had six, SIX unsuccessful third downs (one may have been second down and four were on one TD drive) converted into first downs by penalty. Two were illegal hands to the face which were essentially non-existent, one was Luke Willson falling onto a dudes legs and another was Michael Bennett phantom facemask on Stanton when he actually just grabbed his shoulder pad. Arizona also had two (maybe three) penalties against their punt receiving team pushing them back 10 yards to start a drive which is not nearly as penal. The numbers do not tell the whole story.


    Did you have help with your user name? :roll:

    The rest of that....I'm not going to repeat myself again.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Mad Dog wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

    Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:


    I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

    There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

    And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"

    Oh, you caught that eh?
    Dishonest Officiating will only stop when the threat of losing money & viewership hits the NFL in the pocket$.
    The Cards got away with BLATANT HOLDING on both Offense & Defense....Think I'm bullshitting?, re-watch, and focus on JUST THE CARDS....It's disgusting.
    The old saying should have applied TO BOTH SIDES here---> "You Can Just About Call Holding On Every Play"
    Too damned many INJURIES to go along with the one sided INSULTING penalties.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6309
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:He needs to call them out, be specific about the issue and harp on it until the next game.

    He needs to reference specific clips in MULTIPLE games where the officials continually allow defenders to hit our receivers before the ball gets there.

    Fine or not, this team is literally being forced to play on a slanted field and this is happening both at home and on the road.

    The Redskins game was filled with plays where their defender repeatedly hits our receiver before the ball gets there. The Cards game was the same thing.

    In ANY play where our secondary arrives before the ball, it is becomes PI. So Carroll needs to call out that we are being forced to play games where the officials overlook PI repeatedly and it kills our drives.

    This is not just the Cards game, but in the Cards and Redskins game it was egregious and one-sided.

    IF he complains, it will fall on deaf ears.
    The NFL Powers that be are SHAPING games so they don't become blowouts.
    What the DUMBASSES fail to realize, is that the viewers aren't so stupid, that the can't see right through their charade.
    I quit watching phony wrestling when I was about 10 Years old because the acting by the Referee's and the wrestlers had gotten so blatantly absurd, that it became unwatchable.
    People hate being played for fools, and by their attempts at shaping & FIXING games, they are risking losing viewership and in the end, could very well end up biting the NFL in the A$$.
    I'm not interested in who the >>NFL<< WANTS to win it all.


    I agree. You're 100% correct Scutterhawk....the evidence was last night. The referees made this about evening the playing field for the Cards. This was to make the TNF a main attraction for the night since it was a national broadcast. No one will watch a blowout. Therefore, they knew going into the game, the Seahawks were the better team so they wanted to even the chances for the Cards. I could tell what refs agenda was as soon as the deep pass to Lockett (which was catchable) wasn't called a PI on the Cards safety. The dude hit him a good 2 seconds before the ball even got there. I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell didn't call the refs prior to the game and tell to try to even the game up a bit. It's all about the Benjamins and ratings.

    By the way, Walt Anderson is one of the worst referees in the league and it seems each Seahawk game he officiates is terrible. He's got a stick up his ass against the Seahawks for some reason. He should be permanently banned from officiating any game the Seahawks play. I'd rather Bill Leavy ref another Seahawk game than Walt Anderson.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6783
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Seymour wrote:
    potatohead wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

    You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

    The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.


    My opinion is correct. He said ONLY one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.


    Did you watch the game?

    In the first half Arizona had six, SIX unsuccessful third downs (one may have been second down and four were on one TD drive) converted into first downs by penalty. Two were illegal hands to the face which were essentially non-existent, one was Luke Willson falling onto a dudes legs and another was Michael Bennett phantom facemask on Stanton when he actually just grabbed his shoulder pad. Arizona also had two (maybe three) penalties against their punt receiving team pushing them back 10 yards to start a drive which is not nearly as penal. The numbers do not tell the whole story.


    Did you have help with your user name? :roll:

    The rest of that....I'm not going to repeat myself again.


    The rebuttal of a five year old. Well done.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 129
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am


  • potatohead wrote:The rebuttal of a five year old. Well done.


    Orrrr.....ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    potatohead wrote:The rebuttal of a five year old. Well done.


    Orrrr.....ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?


    I was absolutely a legitimate question because your ridiculous assertion that because the penalties ended up 12-9 somehow means the game was called fairly insinuates that you did not watch the game.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 129
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am


  • I don't believe in conspiracy crap at all. However, after last night, I truly believe they were trying to keep that game close. Give me a break, ticky tack crap on 3rd down stops over and over again. Roughing the passer when he's throwing the ball? Wrong. Hands to the face on Lane? Wrong. PI on Shaq? Wrong. No facemask on Wilson on 3rd down of the first drive?? Wrong. Spread was around 6? Coincidence? I doubt it at this point. Yet ANOTHER game that the Hawks flat out dominated, only to have the Zebras keep it close. :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I don't believe in conspiracy crap at all. However, after last night, I truly believe they were trying to keep that game close. Give me a break, ticky tack crap on 3rd down stops over and over again. Roughing the passer when he's throwing the ball? Wrong. Hands to the face on Lane? Wrong. PI on Shaq? Wrong. No facemask on Wilson on 3rd down of the first drive?? Wrong. Spread was around 6? Coincidence? I doubt it at this point. Yet ANOTHER game that the Hawks flat out dominated, only to have the Zebras keep it close. :roll:


    but but but 12-9 :roll:
    potatohead
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 129
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am


  • potatohead wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    potatohead wrote:The rebuttal of a five year old. Well done.


    Orrrr.....ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?


    I was absolutely a legitimate question because your ridiculous assertion that because the penalties ended up 12-9 somehow means the game was called fairly insinuates that you did not watch the game.


    Do you have reading comprehension issues? The post I responded to said only one side was getting flagged!!
    I said both sides were and showed that. I said we had BS calls, I said they missed some like all games, I said expect them because we are on record pace for penalties.

    No it wasn't "a legit question".

    Mad Dog wrote:....only one side was getting flagged.


    Seymour wrote:I could find penalties EVERY GAME that are not called that should be. Also for the 3rd time yes we had some BS calls like 2-3 maybe. I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    potatohead wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    potatohead wrote:The rebuttal of a five year old. Well done.


    Orrrr.....ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?


    I was absolutely a legitimate question because your ridiculous assertion that because the penalties ended up 12-9 somehow means the game was called fairly insinuates that you did not watch the game.


    Do you have reading comprehension issues? The post I responded to said only one side was getting flagged!!
    I said both sides were and showed that. I said we had BS calls, I said they missed some like all games, I said expect them because we are on record pace for penalties.

    No it wasn't "a legit question".

    Mad Dog wrote:....only one side was getting flagged.


    Seymour wrote:I could find penalties EVERY GAME that are not called that should be. Also for the 3rd time yes we had some BS calls like 2-3 maybe. I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.




    That Seattle is on a record pace for penalties is part of the point. Chicken and egg. Yes some of that is dumb mistakes (Ifedi, et all) but some of that is referee bias which should not exist, regardless of our style of play. You keep bringing that up as if it's ok for referee's to punish Seattle's aggressive play. Uh, why?

    Regardless of what you were responding to with your weird 12-9 comment, you sure seem to be arguing that people shouldnt be upset today regarding the officiating. If inconsistent and seemingly suspicious refereeing isnt called out, then crap like last night will continue to take place. Im not ok with it, and you really shouldnt be either. That was a sham.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2048
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • Their first touchdown "drive" was aided by 3 or 4 magically called penalties on 3RD DOWN. Not a coincidence.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Hawkpower wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    potatohead wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Orrrr.....ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?


    I was absolutely a legitimate question because your ridiculous assertion that because the penalties ended up 12-9 somehow means the game was called fairly insinuates that you did not watch the game.


    Do you have reading comprehension issues? The post I responded to said only one side was getting flagged!!
    I said both sides were and showed that. I said we had BS calls, I said they missed some like all games, I said expect them because we are on record pace for penalties.

    No it wasn't "a legit question".

    Mad Dog wrote:....only one side was getting flagged.


    Seymour wrote:I could find penalties EVERY GAME that are not called that should be. Also for the 3rd time yes we had some BS calls like 2-3 maybe. I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.




    That Seattle is on a record pace for penalties is part of the point. Chicken and egg. Yes some of that is dumb mistakes (Ifedi, et all) but some of that is referee bias which should not exist, regardless of our style of play. You keep bringing that up as if it's ok for referee's to punish Seattle's aggressive play. Uh, why?

    Regardless of what you were responding to with your weird 12-9 comment, you sure seem to be arguing that people shouldnt be upset today regarding the officiating. If inconsistent and seemingly suspicious refereeing isnt called out, then crap like last night will continue to take place. Im not ok with it, and you really shouldnt be either. That was a sham.


    So many with reading problems today!

    Seymour wrote:.....I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.


    Do you understand what Fair? No... Means?

    Do you understand what Fair? No... Means?

    They are not intentionally penalizing us as some grand conspiracy. They are looking for penalties because of reputation, and people will find what they are looking for....ie they will make more mistakes. And if they are watching us, they are NOT watching them as well.

    We did this...
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Why in the post game a question was asked about officiating and Pete said he would not talk about it and didn't want a fine.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • No real way to prove who is right. It just seems way too convenient that most of the calls are on 3rd down stops. Or after a big play by the offense.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Seymour wrote:My opinion is correct.


    I've noticed you've said that same thing in numerous threads... you do you understand what an "opinion" is, right?


    o·pin·ion
    noun
    a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.


    You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but not to go around proclaiming that yours' is always right.

    Something is goofy with the way our games are being officiated. There are too many ticky-tack calls against us that are not being called on our opponent. On the Cardinals' drive that was enabled by officials, there were several egregious calls that seemed like they were made in order to ensure the prime time, nationally televised game was made to seem more competitive.

    But that's just my opinion :2thumbs:
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    User avatar
    jman316
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 373
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 am
    Location: Section 316, front row


  • jman316 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:My opinion is correct.


    I've noticed you've said that same thing in numerous threads... you do you understand what an "opinion" is, right?


    o·pin·ion
    noun
    a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.


    Do you? :roll:
    Not necessarily based on fact means it may or may not be. It is a fact the other team was penalized 9 times, that is the correct fact I was based on in the original point.

    Also, please show me these "numerous threads" you've seen me post this. Or how bout just one?
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • My bad. Just tired of the pissing matches on .NET. Nobody ever wants to be wrong or concede that someone else might be right. Truth is, we're all wrong and right at the same time. We can all pretend we know what we're talking about, but if we all knew half of what is claimed on here, we'd all be working in a front office somewhere.

    The 12 vs. 9 argument just doesn't hold water. You've got to look at the context in which those penalties were called. How many of those 9 called on AZ were on punts or kickoffs? How many called on us were on 3rd down and gifted AZ a 1st or killed a potential scoring drive?

    Whatever it is, bias, incompetency, conspiracy or a combination of them all.. something stinks with NFL officiating.
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    User avatar
    jman316
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 373
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 am
    Location: Section 316, front row


  • The face mask on Bennet was 100% correct. It looks like a bad call in realtime but Bennet's hand slides up from the shoulder and grabs the face mask. Go look at it somewhere - I ran it back and it was clear as day

    Fumble - tired of discussing this with people who can't / don't want to understand the rules. You may dislike the rule but the receiver was never upright
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6834
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK




It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online