Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Duane Brown ankle injury

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Duane Brown ankle injury
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:13 pm
  • Tobin got straight up ragdolled tonight.

Any chance they sign Isaiah Battle to play LT if Brown misses time?

Brown is irreplaceable. Hope he comes back sooner than later. Carroll says ankle injury, "Will see what that means." Makes me nervous.
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

Re: Duane Brown ankle injury
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm
  • ICarroll also said, Brown said it was nothing.. against what ever that means.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 pm
  • I'm just glad for the mini bye week right now.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 pm
  • He goes out one play and Russell gets sacked immediately lol
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 pm
  • With Brown in (his play is great) I didn't really see anything different with the offense even with the added protection of Brown. Hope he comes back but I didn't see anything different with how the team plays.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:56 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:He goes out one play and Russell gets sacked immediately lol

Wasn't because of the line. RW had the ball for 4 seconds. It was a coverage sack.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:58 pm
  • With Tobin being a ex Hawkeye hurts even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 pm
  • You guys are scapegoating. If there was anything that was good tonight on offense was pass protection. The pressure RW got was due to coverage. Is that Tobin's fault? Even on that garbage play to Baldwin, RW had the ball for like 4 seconds before he was pressured.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 pm
  • I didn't understand why they IR'd Odhiambo to get surgery on his fingers and hands. He was still a good backup.

Sometimes I just don't get what we're doing with our OL.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:11 pm
  • Figured this was going to happen, it's the Seattle curse. The team couriers a talented player and within a short time after that acquisition that talented player is injured and out.

Hope the quote from Brown this is nothing is accurate.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:23 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:You guys are scapegoating. If there was anything that was good tonight on offense was pass protection. The pressure RW got was due to coverage. Is that Tobin's fault? Even on that garbage play to Baldwin, RW had the ball for like 4 seconds before he was pressured.

Wait, what? Russ got sacked at least five times tonight. Did you not see the play where Ifedi and Rawls whiffed on a blitzing safety who sacked Russ? Chandler Jones destroyed Tobin for one sack too. Russ and the play design played a part, but the line was awful today.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:36 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:You guys are scapegoating. If there was anything that was good tonight on offense was pass protection. The pressure RW got was due to coverage. Is that Tobin's fault? Even on that garbage play to Baldwin, RW had the ball for like 4 seconds before he was pressured.

Wait, what? Russ got sacked at least five times tonight. Did you not see the play where Ifedi and Rawls whiffed on a blitzing safety who sacked Russ? Chandler Jones destroyed Tobin for one sack too. Russ and the play design played a part, but the line was awful today.

How many were coverage sacks? I'm sure the line sucked but I saw many times tonight were RW had plenty of time and was sacked. The O-line it not very good and sitting here spouting the O-line sucks like its our only fault is stupid.

All I am saying is I did not see anything change with offensive production when we had good pass protection. When Brown was in destroying his opponent we still sucked on offense, running and passing. When we do get reasonable pass protection it should be taken advantage of.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:38 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:He goes out one play and Russell gets sacked immediately lol

Wasn't because of the line. RW had the ball for 4 seconds. It was a coverage sack.

He had a couple of those tonight. Nothing new. Part of the chaotic sandlot offense.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:42 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:You guys are scapegoating. If there was anything that was good tonight on offense was pass protection. The pressure RW got was due to coverage. Is that Tobin's fault? Even on that garbage play to Baldwin, RW had the ball for like 4 seconds before he was pressured.

How many were coverage sacks? I'm sure the line sucked but I saw many times tonight were RW had plenty of time and was sacked. The O-line it not very good and sitting here spouting the O-line sucks like its our only fault is stupid.

All I am saying is I did not see anything change with offensive production when we had good pass protection. When Brown was in destroying his opponent we still sucked on offense, running and passing. When we do get reasonable pass protection it should be taken advantage of.

The problems weren't on offense tonight and you better hope it stays the same if you think this team can win 10 games.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:06 am
  • Josea16 wrote:The problems weren't on offense tonight and you better hope it stays the same if you think this team can win 10 games.

Yeah ok, don't stop there with such enlightened football philosophy. Please fill the .Net with more credo and exceptional football thinking.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:49 am
  • Josea16 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:

The problems weren't on offense tonight and you better hope it stays the same if you think this team can win 10 games.

Half the drives being three and out isn't an offensive problem?
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:30 am
  • I agree that even though Brown is playing fantastic the offense still looks the same. Sure he is holding his blocks but the problem is none of the other 4 are holding theres. is it really much of a difference if Russ has 4 chasing him instead of 5. either way its a sack or hurried throw. either way the running game gets stuffed. only thing this may really make a difference in is Russ taking the lethal blind side hit.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:You guys are scapegoating. If there was anything that was good tonight on offense was pass protection. The pressure RW got was due to coverage. Is that Tobin's fault? Even on that garbage play to Baldwin, RW had the ball for like 4 seconds before he was pressured.

I agree with you in part but Ifedi was an absolute dumpster fire tonight. He continually was confused and didn't even slow guys down multiple times. I think part of the problem was Bevell's route combinations but I don't want to start that discussion in this thread.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 am
  • The biggest issue with the OLINE is Ifedi, he is terrible; and our RBs are not picking up blocks either. Some of this is one Russ too. There were many times last night Russ had the ball for more then 3 seconds and had protection. I understand the Receivers are not open but Russ needs to know when to just throw it away.

When Russ got rid of the ball quick we were effective. Asking an OLINE to protect for over 3 seconds is asking a lot.
    SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPS AND I HAVE THE SHIRT TO PROVE IT!
    zchurch74
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:22 am
  • Carroll says "I don't know" about how long Brown would be out. Brown was quoted as saying he should be ready in 11 days for next game.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:The problems weren't on offense tonight and you better hope it stays the same if you think this team can win 10 games.

Yeah ok, don't stop there with such enlightened football philosophy. Please fill the .Net with more credo and exceptional football thinking.

Ya don’t mind this guy he just spews doom and gloom in every thread sayin we gonna go 7-9 now cuz Sherman’s out
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:43 am
  • classicaaron wrote:I agree that even though Brown is playing fantastic the offense still looks the same. Sure he is holding his blocks but the problem is none of the other 4 are holding theres. is it really much of a difference if Russ has 4 chasing him instead of 5. either way its a sack or hurried throw. either way the running game gets stuffed. only thing this may really make a difference in is Russ taking the lethal blind side hit.

Boomer said the addition of Brown just means that Russell has to run from three attackers instead of four on most plays. The staff needs to work on our offensive concepts and adjust it to the limitations of our personnel instead of relying on Russell Wilson to whip some magic out of his hat two or three times a game to get us points! I think in the post game one of the hosts said Russell is now asked to be our QB, Running back, and the majority of our offensive line. he must be exhausted! Thank goodness he still has ADB to help him though so he doesn't have to play that position too.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm
  • Disconnect the Cable. Please!
    Tom, that is...........
    Leee-roy
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:06 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:The biggest issue with the OLINE is Ifedi, he is terrible; and our RBs are not picking up blocks either. Some of this is one Russ too. There were many times last night Russ had the ball for more then 3 seconds and had protection. I understand the Receivers are not open but Russ needs to know when to just throw it away.

When Russ got rid of the ball quick we were effective. Asking an OLINE to protect for over 3 seconds is asking a lot.

LOL and then you would be complaining he throw the balls away to much. When Rw got rid of the ball quick was a different offense and they just refused to tun it al the time just in patches here and there.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Right, and the Baldwin play is an example of where people would cite Wilson "running for his life". No, sorry, Russell playing backyard football is not always a result of poor pass blocking. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Cris Collinsworth specifically pointed this out tonight on one of the sacks. "You can't expect the line to block for more than ___ seconds, this sack isn't on the line..."
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:28 pm
  • JimmyG wrote:

Right, and the Baldwin play is an example of where people would cite Wilson "running for his life". No, sorry, Russell playing backyard football is not always a result of poor pass blocking. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Cris Collinsworth specifically pointed this out tonight on one of the sacks. "You can't expect the line to block for more than ___ seconds, this sack isn't on the line..."

2.5-3 is what should be going in the blank.

If you were to go over the All-22 of Wilson's career and move any plays in which Wilson held onto the ball for longer than 2.5 seconds from the "Line's Fault" column to the "Not the Line's Fault" column, you'd be amazed at how many plays would make that move. Not all of them, but quite a few. That's the QB we have.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 pm
  • Leee-roy wrote:Disconnect the Cable. Please!
    Tom, that is...........

And flush the Bevell! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:00 pm
  • Give Bev a contract extension is more like it.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Garbage play, your ass.
    Baldwin was in EXACTLY THE RIGHT SPOT, That wasn't the first time that Russell Wilson pulled off plays like that.
    Yes he was "Pressured", but he Razzle-Dazzled the Defenders, and burnt their asses.
    As was said, if Wilson has torched Defenders NUMEROUS times (and he HAS), it isn't "LUCK", it isn't "Garbage" it's a sensational heads up football play that HE HAS REPEATED time & again.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:14 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Give Bev a contract extension is more like it.

CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:

Garbage play, your ass.
    Baldwin was in EXACTLY THE RIGHT SPOT, That wasn't the first time that Russell Wilson pulled off plays like that.
    Yes he was "Pressured", but he Razzle-Dazzled the Defenders, and burnt their asses.
    As was said, if Wilson has torched Defenders NUMEROUS times (and he HAS), it isn't "LUCK", it isn't "Garbage" it's a sensational heads up football play that HE HAS REPEATED time & again.

All for RW and Baldwin making a heads up play, it is exciting to watch and is thrilling at times. Never said it was "LUCK". Maybe you and I have a different view of a garbage play. It was a broken play and to me that is garbage. It is not the way the play is supposed to go. Just because RW can make chicken salad from chicken shit doesn't mean that is the preferred ingredient.

Not really sure why my statement was taken as a slight towards Russell and or Baldwin especially since that comment was buried underneath what my initial point was.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:58 pm
  • Coverage Sacks are on Bevell, RW and the WRs/TEs and RBs. You want RW to take less of them then you need to provide checkdowns and ride RWs ass about not going to them and also bite your tongue when he throws a ball out of bounds instead of making magic like the pass to baldwin. You dont dial up deep passing plays, expect RW to sort it all out in real time and then make the right decision over and over and over vis a vis extending the play or tossing it oob.

Can RW save sacka by giving up on a play earlier by throwing incompletes? Yes. Will you like it? Probably not.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:44 am
  • Russ has checkdowns, but oftentimes goes into scramble mode at the first sign of pressure.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:00 am
  • So...about that Duane Brown injury...
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:14 am
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:So...about that Duane Brown injury...

Brown was injured? :sarcasm_off:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information