Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

So will coaches now be held accountable?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:and have averaged over 30 pts per game the past four games, WITH a terrible O-line, no run game to speak of and 65% of our cap space dedicated to the defense..


    One more thing. You skip right past "with a terrible oline" to reduce the burden of responsibility on Cable. Why is Cable not held more responsible for "that terrible oline" in your eyes to begin with??
    That makes zero sense. Cable is the #1 person responsible for the situation to begin with. Those are "his guys" that are terrible. Only one new player that started the season was not here last season (Joeckel), who Cable ranked tops in the league. :roll:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4383
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Like I said. Cherry picking 4 weak games does not override the stats that they as a group are a liability and have under performed to the assets given to the problem. They are 5 of 11 on offense, looking at them closer than "all of offense" as an isolated group is where the real problems will emerge. You avoid that to help make a point, that is 1 step up from "winning". That point is skewed with Wilson's scrambling ability and the outstanding play of a few WR's and Graham even last game.


    Ironic that you say I'm cherrypicking my stats, then cherrypick Russell's scrambling ability, our WR's and Graham as to why the offense has looked good of late..........you mean as in the OFFENSE? LOL.

    Yes my total pts scored of 32 the past four games was cherry picked, but that was to prove this staff is finally figuring some stuff out. You know, being accountable.

    Here are the SEASON stats Seymour.

    - #7 in total offense
    - #10 in pts
    - #7 in yards per game
    - #10 in yards per play
    - #7 in passing

    Again, all with NO run game, a terrible O-line and btw 4 of our first 7 games on the road.

    So sorry, I'm not holding anyone accountable. Cause what I've seen is an offense that's starting to find it's footing getting better and better each week, just like most Pete Carroll teams. As the season goes along he and HIS COACHES that you'd like to be held accountable get this offense rolling.

    Now that Brown's here? Should only get better faster.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:and have averaged over 30 pts per game the past four games, WITH a terrible O-line, no run game to speak of and 65% of our cap space dedicated to the defense..


    One more thing. You skip right past "with a terrible oline" to reduce the burden of responsibility on Cable. Why is Cable not held more responsible for "that terrible oline" in your eyes to begin with??
    That makes zero sense. Cable is the #1 person responsible for the situation to begin with. Those are "his guys" that are terrible. Only one new player that started the season was not here last season (Joeckel), who Cable ranked tops in the league. :roll:


    I do hold Cable accountable. I'm not his biggest fan, but I also take into account that he's been given scrap heap lineman and project draft picks that he's suppose to mold into some awesome line?

    Not entirely fair, so I give him more leeway than you and others who think he should turn the Fant's of the team into all pro linemen.

    The difference between you and me is when our offense struggles, I hold EVERYONE accountable. You and others just seem to "cherrypick" Bevell and Cable. Why aren't the players accountable? Pete? Schneider? He's the one who drafted them.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Why is the "oline terrible" Sarge??

    Those stats do not isolate the oline's performance like that oline evaluation stats do. They differ widely and are skewed for the last time.

    You have entered a circular argument of ZERO accountability.

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4383
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:Why is the "oline terrible" Sarge??

    Those stats do not isolate the oline's performance like that oline evaluation stats do. They differ widely and are skewed for the last time.

    You have entered a circular argument of ZERO accountability.

    Image


    It's everything Seymour. DESPITE having a bad line, this offense is still a top 10 offense. I'm giving our coaching staff credit for that, you're not..............not sure why. I assume because then you and others who hate Bevell and Cable would have to admit you're wrong.

    I know? Hard to do huh?

    So there's no circular argument. I've shown you stats showing that we have a good to great offense. So no need to hold any coaches MORE accountable just because we've acquired a good LT. They've already been held accountable, and have worked wonders this year so far with MAJOR holes in the line and run game.

    Meanwhile you've shown me nothing but nonsense. Stats Seymour, where are the stats showing me this is a bad offense that needs to hold it's coaches more accountable.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Here are the SEASON stats Seymour.

    - #7 in total offense
    - #10 in pts
    - #7 in yards per game
    - #10 in yards per play
    - #7 in passing


    WE NEED TO HOLD THE COACHES ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS TRAVESTY!!! :lol:
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2654
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • We've been over this again and again.

    Schnieder never would draft an olineman Cable did not approve of. Schnieders words.

    Who is the team offensive line expert Schnieder or Cable?

    When I hear this I'm done with the discussion. It is just ignorance or blind homerism blocking that from getting though to people.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4383
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    When I hear this I'm done with the discussion.


    Perfect. We'll call you back in from the bullpen on the next Fire Cable thread.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13566
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Here are the season stats on red zone TD percentage: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/r ... coring-pct

    Our red zone TD percentage is tied with or higher than the Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Falcons, Vikings, Panthers, and Steelers.

    Our red zone TD percentage is worse than the Raiders, Jags, Jets, Bears, Dolphins, Giants, and Bucs.

    I don't think red zone TD percentage is as important to team success as some people here seem to think it is and I certainly don't think it indicates some sort of problem or underlying fatal flaw that some here seem to think it does.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2654
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    When I hear this I'm done with the discussion.


    Perfect. We'll call you back in from the bullpen on the next Fire Cable thread.


    I am past firing Cable. I don't think Pete can fire him. I've posted this, Pete is too deep in it himself. At this point I only can hope they bring in someone to at least evaluate talent to give us a chance and stop wasting so much draft capitol and FA garbage players.

    You won't need to call either. ;)
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4383
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Look, guys. Until .NET stands up as one and demands the firing of Cable and Bevell (AKA "holding them accountable"), it won't happen. You guys are keeping this from happening. Step the hell up.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1942
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


  • bmorepunk wrote:Look, guys. Until .NET stands up as one and demands the firing of Cable and Bevell (AKA "holding them accountable"), it won't happen. You guys are keeping this from happening. Step the hell up.


    get back to me after the season and we see how the team has played
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7039
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • As if the team would regard that 'demand' as anything more than the ravings of fans who do not completely understand the complexities of the situation. BTW no rocks were intended to be thrown at anyone with that last remark.

    Just so it's clear I doubt the people in power with the team hold the same low regard for Coaches Cable and Bevell as many do here. For me I'm not a fan of Bevell, but he has his moments. I am being dragged to the belief that Coach Cable is failing to produce quality OLinemen. It's not as if the team hasn't provided him with a large quantity of potential candidates many of whom were well regarded college players or exceptional athletes so perhaps the argument of a low talent pool to work with is wearing thin.

    Now though with the addition of Brown, if the OLine continues to suck, Coach Cable has some explaining to do.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4912
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • As much as Pete touts competition, I don't see it in the coaching. He seems to live and die by the staff he has and based on what they've done the past few years, unless you don't like playoff football, they are doing pretty good.

    I think our offensive lineman talent evaluation is a problem but there are quite a few former Seahawks that are starting for other teams on the offensive line simply because we didn't pay them a competitive price. If we find the next Walter Jones in the draft though you can be sure we will be signing him before his contract expires. We haven't even sniffed that kind of talent though and the evaluation has failed to keep us stocked sufficiently.

    We can't and won't see what they do to improve talent evaluation year to year. You don't even have to trust that they aren't doing the right things to win because we have been winning. We've been to the playoffs every year since 2012 and have won at least our first playoff game every year. While we can nitpick about how unhappy we are with the offensive line, I like winning, so as far as I'm concerned, Pete and John are gold plated winners and have earned the benefit of the doubt until they lose so much Paul loses faith (or Pete retires). I don't see that happening any time soon.

    Keep up the winning ways 'Hawks!
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 415
    Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm
    Location: Puyallup


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Why is the "oline terrible" Sarge??

    Those stats do not isolate the oline's performance like that oline evaluation stats do. They differ widely and are skewed for the last time.

    You have entered a circular argument of ZERO accountability.

    Image


    It's everything Seymour. DESPITE having a bad line, this offense is still a top 10 offense. I'm giving our coaching staff credit for that, you're not..............not sure why. I assume because then you and others who hate Bevell and Cable would have to admit you're wrong.

    I know? Hard to do huh?

    So there's no circular argument. I've shown you stats showing that we have a good to great offense. So no need to hold any coaches MORE accountable just because we've acquired a good LT. They've already been held accountable, and have worked wonders this year so far with MAJOR holes in the line and run game.

    Meanwhile you've shown me nothing but nonsense. Stats Seymour, where are the stats showing me this is a bad offense that needs to hold it's coaches more accountable.


    LMAO.....Blast from the past.

    How did that turn out Sarge?? :179422:

    And thank you Pete for finally holding those coaches responsible to the accountability SOME of us have been calling for.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4383
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    mikeak wrote:
    Are those of us that have been unhappy with our offensive performance now allowed to put expectations on this team and if not met we start looking at coaches and not players?


    32 pts per game avg last four games and #10 ranked scoring and overall offense..............despite a terrible line and no run game all year.

    Maybe we should start holding fans who can't let their coaching grudges go more accountable

    Or we can hold the bad coach appologists accountable? That would be neat. :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24461
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Well they sure did hold them accountable.

    They gave the GM a vote a confidence by saying you can't interview elsewhere. That tells me they thought they had the right players

    They fired the coaches

    We were inept at moving the ball at large parts of just about every game. Would have preferred a better outcome to the season but at least highly compensated employees were held responsible
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7039
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • mikeak wrote:Well they sure did hold them accountable.

    They gave the GM a vote a confidence by saying you can't interview elsewhere. That tells me they thought they had the right players

    They fired the coaches

    We were inept at moving the ball at large parts of just about every game. Would have preferred a better outcome to the season but at least highly compensated employees were held responsible

    And they deserve credit for doing so. I wish it happened a year or 2 before, but I’ll take it and look forward to the success this new coaching staff will bring.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24461
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Previous


It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 10:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online