Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Weekly Prosise unavailability thread

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Weekly Prosise unavailability thread
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 pm
  • Limited..That is on par for him
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 pm
  • Limited is what the back of his jersey should say.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:50 pm
  • I'm to the point where I expect him to not play again this year. If he does, it's a bonus.
    Too bad, because he can clearly play. But your best ability is your availability
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:00 pm
  • He'll play again but they don't need to use him as an every down, slam into the line RB. When he's to full speed he can be an asset as a receiver out of the back field. Russ trusts him.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:02 pm
  • He'll be similar to Percy...week to week, we might see him or not, and then he'll show up for some plays in the playoffs.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:12 pm
  • I know he'll play again, but I don't EXPECT him to. No reason to think he will. And even if he does, he's a hang nail away from coming out. Really sucks, he's a good guy, and hell of a player.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:19 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Limited is what the back of his jersey should say.

"No, Seriously...I'm on the team" probably won't fit.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:25 pm
  • Feel bad for the dude. Okung, Tubbs and "Porkchop" come to mind where you think after they comeback after their 3rd straight injury or so, one has to think it is just a fluke. Percentages have to go down that the player is going to keep getting injured, right, especially if they are different injuries.

If a player is "injury prone", how did they make it to the NFL to begin with? Wouldn't this most certainly show up in college if this was the case? Sadly, "injury prone" sometimes isn't just a lazy pejorative that fans and media pass on as a fact and might not even happen till a player gets to the NFL.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:05 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:Feel bad for the dude. Okung, Tubbs and "Porkchop" come to mind where you think after they comeback after their 3rd straight injury or so, one has to think it is just a fluke. Percentages have to go down that the player is going to keep getting injured, right, especially if they are different injuries.

If a player is "injury prone", how did they make it to the NFL to begin with? Wouldn't this most certainly show up in college if this was the case? Sadly, "injury prone" sometimes isn't just a lazy pejorative that fans and media pass on as a fact and might not even happen till a player gets to the NFL.

He was hurt in college as well..Go on a ND board -That is probaly the first thing they will remember him by.
    I'm not kidding..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:41 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:Feel bad for the dude. Okung, Tubbs and "Porkchop" come to mind where you think after they comeback after their 3rd straight injury or so, one has to think it is just a fluke. Percentages have to go down that the player is going to keep getting injured, right, especially if they are different injuries.

He was hurt in college as well..Go on a ND board -That is probaly the first thing they will remember him by.
    I'm not kidding..

I do remember hearing something about him being hurt at Notre Dame. Did some digging, this seems to compile his injury history PRE 2017 SEASON

Aug 19, 2017 NFL Inguinal Groin Pull Grade 1 Strained groin in pre-game warmups. Missed practice to start following week.

Nov 20, 2016 NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture Prosise has been hobbled his rookie year, this time he strained his shoulder and he missed 8 games.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Wrist Sprain/Pull Unspecified Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Metacarpal Fracture Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.

Aug 1, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Prosise missed about a week during training camp with a tight hammy.

Aug 1, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Prosise missed about a week during training camp with a tight hammy.

Nov 21, 2015 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 C.J. Prosise suffered a high ankle sprain against Pittsburgh. He missed two games.

Nov 7, 2015 Non-NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 C.J. Prosise suffered a concussion against Wake Forest. He missed one game
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:24 pm
  • I seem to remember more while at ND but you did the research so good job..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:57 pm
  • CJ "Unavaiable" Prosise, is talented, but regualrly unavailable.

This pattern has been going on since college and probably even before then. I remain doubtful this leopard will ever change his spots.

His nickname should be either "limited" or "unavailable".

It's funny he has had a radio spot that promotes a health care facility. I guess he may have visited that place already, or he's eligible for frequent user discounts.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:18 am
  • It really sucks that it doesn’t much matter he's potentially available b/c his history will tell us he will get another boo boo early and be unavailable again.

It’s frustrating to have a player like him on the roster b/c he has genuine game breaking skills with little ability to ever use them. I suspect his recent comments have been induced by a warning from the HC that his roster position is far from secure due to his constant or repetitive unavailability.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 am
  • I am hearing Prosise will be ready to go Thursday. I'm wondering if a new strategy could prolong his shelf life? If they heat him up prior to game to around 2200 degs, the glass will flex and bend rather than break.

Thoughts?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:33 am
  • Only funny science reference.. ever

Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am
  • Seymour wrote:I am hearing Prosise will be ready to go Thursday. I'm wondering if a new strategy could prolong his shelf life? If they heat him up prior to game to around 2200 degs, the glass will flex and bend rather than break.

Thoughts?

New Assistant Running Back Coach?
    Osprey
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 pm
  • Maybe we should get one of these for him so he doesn't break again.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:13 pm
  • Prosise got injured again... too fragile for pro football. Time to let him go.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 pm
  • Well he's out again with a bad ankle injury tonight. You never want to see anyone on your team hurt, but there is something about his body that just can't hold up with the rigors of football.

And frankly, McKissic just looks like a much better all around player IMO anyway. Running game troubles or not, Prosise just isn't a good fit for this team.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:40 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:Well he's out again with a bad ankle injury tonight. You never want to see anyone on your team hurt, but there is something about his body that just can't hold up with the rigors of football.

And frankly, McKissic just looks like a much better all around player IMO anyway. Running game troubles or not, Prosise just isn't a good fit for this team.

Disagree, he isn't used to showcase his best skillset, kind of like a few others on offense.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:43 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:Well he's out again with a bad ankle injury tonight. You never want to see anyone on your team hurt, but there is something about his body that just can't hold up with the rigors of football.

The announcers said that he sprained his OTHER ankle. He is simply too brittle to play NFL football.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 pm
  • Difference maker...at least in the doctors office. He's done here. Adios
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm
  • Often injured obviously but surprised nothing was torn/broken on that play. That was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:06 am
  • DJ_CJ wrote:Often injured obviously but surprised nothing was torn/broken on that play. That was brutal.

I agree, most players would have been injured on that play. It looked nasty!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:00 am
  • Problem is he takes a roster spot but can't make it through a game without being injured. Wonder if he will be out for 3 or 4 games with this injury? How many plays did he get in before he got hurt, was it 3? It was actually 13 snaps.

I think he may shortly become a candidate for IR for the 2nd season in a row. Suspect the staff is getting tired of him. McIsaac simply delivers more. Time for Davis.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:32 am
  • I did joke to my wife after his first run that he would stay on the ground with injury. well when it happened two plays later she said I wasn't too far off. guy is a joke at this point. stinks for him he cant stay healthy and I feel bad for players like that but its time to move on. he will never be right and cant waste a roster spot on him.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:34 am
  • Bad news is...Prosise is out with a bad ankle.

Good news is....it's now the other ankle.

What a Joke! :shock: :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am
  • I would gladly take half his salary and save the team cap space. after all I can certainly take one carry every 6 games and get hurt just as good if not better than him. end results would be the same so call me up Pete :D
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:45 am
  • IIRC his leg got twisted while it was planted, not much being a "tough guy" or being "Mr. Glass" is going to do about that.

It sucks to see and I feel legitimately bad for him, but the meme must continue I guess.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:50 am
  • This guy if he did not have bad luck would not have any at all. He has been a train wreck of injuries one after another. He has been snake bit.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:52 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    It sucks to see and I feel legitimately bad for him, but the meme must continue I guess.

Because it is comical at this point.

There's bad luck, and then there's "you just might not be cut out for being a professional football player." Being a football player means you know how to absorb contact, know how to turn your body to take hits, or avoid them.

This is especially true of a RB, so no sure what Prosise's problem is. But it ain't just bad luck.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:12 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:

Because it is comical at this point.

There's bad luck, and then there's "you just might not be cut out for being a professional football player." Being a football player means you know how to absorb contact, know how to turn your body to take hits, or avoid them.

This is especially true of a RB, so no sure what Prosise's problem is. But it ain't just bad luck.

Agreed, the consistency in which he's being injured shows it's not just bad luck. It's almost like RG3 or Flacco (recently against the Dolphins) just not knowing how to protect themselves. There's an art to sliding, giving yourself up, falling without injuring yourself, etc.

It seems Prosise hasn't figured out how to stay healthy or preserve his body.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:09 pm
  • Mr.Glass rides again!
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Maybe we should get one of these for him so he doesn't break again.

Wouldn't that suit make it awful hard to tell him apart from Eddie Lacy?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 pm
  • Eddy who?

Oh, you mean that expensive, fat, slow, now injured RB the team was hoping was going to give the running game some identity. :pukeface:

With Prosise I suppose it's piling on a bit, but in two seasons I doubt he's played in much more than 50 plays total.

He needs to work on his conditioning or take some martial arts training as he can't take a hit w/o being injured, and that isn't a good thing for a RB. He's going to need to demonstrate he can stay healthy or he will be looking for new team.

I doubt he's back this season.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:40 pm
  • classicaaron wrote:I would gladly take half his salary and save the team cap space. after all I can certainly take one carry every 6 games and get hurt just as good if not better than him. end results would be the same so call me up Pete :D

I'll lower ya 10%, I'm at 40%
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am
  • Meant to bump this before the game. Guess I should have
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 am
  • HOLY NECRO BATMA...oh, wait I guess this one deserves it.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am
  • Back to normal
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 am
  • He probably needs to be a WR or 3rd down back.

I think he would be a tremendous 3rd down back and cut down on some of the contact he has to take.

We have a guy that makes great plays when he plays but he has a hard time with contact. Since the goal should be to get great plays we just have to find ways of limiting contact.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:He probably needs to be a WR or 3rd down back.

I think he would be a tremendous 3rd down back and cut down on some of the contact he has to take.

We have a guy that makes great plays when he plays but he has a hard time with contact. Since the goal should be to get great plays we just have to find ways of limiting contact.

Google his injury history. There are a couple contact injuries but more than half are ankle, hip, thigh, groin, etc.

Basically he's a less-durable Percy Harvin. Only way to keep him healthy is not use him at all.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 am
  • He needs to be a 5th down back....
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 am
  • hawk45 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:He probably needs to be a WR or 3rd down back.

Google his injury history. There are a couple contact injuries but more than half are ankle, hip, thigh, groin, etc.

Basically he's a less-durable Percy Harvin. Only way to keep him healthy is not use him at all.

The guy gets injured during warmups. If a defender looks at him he pulls up lane.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 pm
  • Same ol', same ol'.

Is a waste of talent, but an expert on malingering.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:07 pm
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:08 pm
  • I'm honestly hoping that Procise will see some meaningful snaps in a Seahawk uni this season, and actually become a consistent contributor, preferably for the 'Hawks and not another team. I'm as baffled as anyone else at the neverending small injuries and unavailability, but I can't help but wonder if there is something else going on that the team is hiding from the public. For example, what if it eventually comes out that Procise has been battling some form of cancer the last couple years? I have NO INFORMATION to indicate that; PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, but dealing with treatment, surgeries, and trying to keep his body at an NFL level through such treatment, and being held out by the team to allow assorted surgeries to heal... I mean, seriously, something along that line is about all I can come up with that plausibly explains the situation. Maybe there is some other disease or condition that weakens connective tissue or bones or something.

Prosise's primary injury, reported after the Nov. 2017 game vs. the Eagles (in which Prosise had a 72-yard TD run) was a broken scapula. Assuming that we take the team at its word on the injury.

From Wikpedia:
    "Usually, it takes a large amount of energy to fracture the scapula; the force may be indirect but is more often direct.[3] The scapula is fractured as the result of significant blunt trauma, as occurs in vehicle collisions.[4] About three quarters of cases are caused by high-speed car and motorcycle collisions.[4] Falls and blows to the shoulder area can also cause the injury.[4] Crushing injuries (as may occur in railroad or forestry accidents) and sports injuries (as may occur in horseback riding, mountain biking, bmxing or skiing) can also fracture the scapula." it also says, "Signs and symptoms may be masked by other injuries that accompany the scapular fracture.[2]"

What if Prosise's scapula fracture injury involved more than just a simple scapula fracture? It seems to take a LOT of force and trauma to break a scapula. Maybe Prosise was in an trauma-rich unreported auto (or ATV) accident with a host of tissue injuries, and the team just picked "broken scapula" as the one to report? Does anyone have a video link to a specific play in that Eagles game where Prosise got clocked that would account for a scapula fracture?

I'm sure I should just post this in a new thread, or post in the "CJ Prosise Weekly Unavailability Thread." It seems to me that we've been piling on Prosise, mocking him, for a year now, and it's truly hard for me to conceive that a guy like Prosise who has been able to make it to the NFL level and play VERY well (when healthy) would be a malingerer or "soft". Never mind the Percy Harvin counterexample; Prosise is no Pus, er, Percy Harvin. I mean, Prosise really seems like a good dude, smart, well-spoken, can even write, does what he can to be involved in the community, and was a Golden Domer in college, which, love or hate, Notre Dame isn't exactly a place where weaklings and quitters congregate to play college football. I don't recall ever hearing Pete criticize Prosise or roll his eyes when asked about Prosise (correct me if I'm wrong), where we DID hear Pete question Percy Harvin's injuries back in the day. Never heard a peep about Prosise being a locker room problem, or being less than a hard worker. (like all the crap we heard about McDowell that the 'Hawks chose to ignore and draft him anyway). So there's just a whole lot that doesn't add up on the C.J. Prosise front.

So it's maddening, frustrating, so see Prosise unavailable, week after week, and I can't help but feel we are being unfair to a man who is doing the best he can in a challenging situation, where a lot of the facts are likely being concealed from the public by the team.

I know that I injured my rotator cuff a year ago, just throwing way more than my shoulder was ever used to, and a year later, even though my strength and range of motion are back, I still can't throw worth crap, and during my rehab, I learned what a complicated and fragile joint the shoulder can be. It's a bloody miracle the thing works at all, IMO. To play RB/WR at an NFL level, that shoulder joint comes into play a LOT, and if it's not properly healed, it would be hard for a player like Prosise to really be ready to play, and the risk of ongoing reinjury/setbacks will always be there until it is truly healed.

I just can't help but feel we are getting very incomplete information on Procise's injury(ies) and that we have been unfairly dogging a guy who is plenty tough and committed, but just dealing with a crappy situation where his body is setting the timetable and that body has a mind of its own.

-------- FROM PROSISE's INJURY HISTORY ----------
    Nov 20, 2016 NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture Prosise has been hobbled his rookie year, this time he strained his shoulder and he missed 8 games.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Wrist Sprain/Pull Unspecified Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Metacarpal Fracture Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Looking closely at the above, my take is that Prosise was in some sort of significant, forceful, traumatic fall, where he tried to break his fall with his arm, and the impact was so great that it broke his scapula and injured his wrist in the same incident, and jammed the arm bone into the shoulder and wrenched and damaged his shoulder joint soft tissue. Lots of tissue damage to the shoulder, and wrist, and the nerves that run from the shoulder down to the wrist and hand. That type of thing would be the injury that "keeps on giving".

Further, whatever the actual injury incident was, it occurred several weeks before the Sept. 11, 2016 game, probably sometime in August. Prosise did whatever he could to conceal the injury and play through it--he's got a team to make. He got well enough to play, and after aggravating the arm injury in the Sept. 11 game, he frantically rehabbed, and gave us that one excellent game, against the Patriots. The next week, the shoulder got re-broken, as it wasn't fully/properly healed in the first place. Onto IR he goes...

2017, Training camp, etc., the arm and shoulder tissues are still not where they need to be, but the team starts to conceal the actual arm/shoulder injury, by listing ankle sprains, pulled hamstrings, groin pull, etc. as the "actual" injury he is being held out for. Didn't the team conceal Richard Sherman's injuries for a full season? There may have been an actual ankle sprain or hamstring pull in there for Prosise, but those were more "made up" secondary injuries CJ would have otherwise played through, and used as cover for the ongoing arm, shoulder, wrist injury that is the real reason why he isn't on the field.

So, my tentative conclusion is that the original arm, shoulder, wrist hand injury from a traumatic fall is the actual injury keeping CJ off the field, that it's healing, but slowly, and the team doesn't want to rush him, and that every hit he takes on a less-than-fully recovered shoulder, wrist, and hand results in a setback, so the team holds him out of most "hitting activities". This also suggests that the team DOES believe he will eventually fully heal enough to play at the NFL level again.

I also believe the original injury to be a FOOTBALL INJURY, not an off-field injury. Does anyone remember Jeremy Lane's horrific broken arm in SB49, from trying to break his fall after picking off Brady? Yeah. I suspect something along those lines is what happened to Prosise, but from a different angle. This could even explain the phantom "blocking injury" an earlier poster mentioned.

Meantime, Prosise will continue showing up on the injury report with "Grade 3 hangnail", "Terrell Davis Migraine", "Severe turf toe" and other misleading, made-up injuries.

Would love to hear BigSkyDoc's take on this hypothesis.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:14 am
  • I wish I could be "unavailable" for some of the honey do list sometimes......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:15 pm
  • Here he is coming off the plane in LA:

Wrapped up as a precaution so he won't fall and break a hip or something...
    MOSES
    * NET Sage *

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:21 pm
  • His new suit of protection game day.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:30 am
  • Love the pics! Keep em' coming!

Y'all of course know I'm a committed (or should be committed) C. J. Prosise fan, and I am totally betting on the dude, but this is all great fun and healthy venting in the meantime!

Now, the big question: Does Amara Darboh get his own "Weekly unavailabiity thread", or do we just add him to this Prosise thread?
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information