As We Approach The Season Of Giving.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
All,

It's once again time to remind our valued membership that we are truly a member-funded enterprise at Seahawks.NET.

We have the greatest Hawks board anywhere, running on the best equipment and connections possible. To enable us all to interact like we do, trouble-free, and without any annoying advertisements, it gets expensive. We simply cannot do it without you.

To those of you who have donated your hard-earned dollars to the board over the years, a heart-felt THANK YOU to all of you!

For those of you who are able to donate, we encourage you to do so by visiting here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95718 to find valuable links to donate while you purchase online products you use everyday.

Also, if you are interested in making an outright cash donation, please follow the instructions here:

DONATE

Your contributions go straight to paying the costs associated with providing top-notch bandwidth and handling all the wonderful data you contribute. If everyone helped us a just a little when they could, that's all it will take to keep us running strong!

On behalf of the ownership and the moderation staff of Seahawks.NET, I'd like to thank you once again for spending your time with us, and for your treasured donations, as we look forward to interacting with you throughout this football season.

Go Hawks!!! :2thumbs:

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Thank You.

I do want to note that this isn't just a usual call for donations, but that we really are severely behind this year. So we are asking for you help to keep NET alive.

If anyone realized what it takes to run a forum with the traffic that Seahawks.NET gets, they'd be very surprised that it has existed as long as it has without going the route of monetization. A true testament to those that have carried it over the years.

For all of the hand wringing that goes on about this little corner of the interwebz, this is one of few places that has existed for over a decade and a half for no other reason than to provide a voice for the 12th Man (yeah I wrote it) and the pride and joy of doing so.

Here is where we currently sit to show you our current situation:

Total expenses (not including soft costs like Neal's webmaster time) is up to $3,600 per year. So far in 2017, we've brought in a bit over $700 for the year, putting us almost $3k in the red.

Donations - $485
Amazon - $205
Others (fanatics, ect) - $39

Remember that anything you buy on Amazon when you use the link will help. It doesn't have to be football related.

Thank You again for your support. :2thumbs:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Not tooting my own horn here, and I'm not trying to cause an issue (forgive me mods) but the fact that I donated $200 and we've only got $485 total is pretty sad. I understand you all have families and expenses (I do too), but with all of the people who visit this site, surely $10 isn't too much to ask if you really like coming here and don't have to deal with a bunch of friggin ads.

My two cents...

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I donated last year and didn't get a mention at all. Therefore I didn't ever donate again.
Thanking SOME members and not others pissed me off.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
My name isn't on the list either. I don't look at it as an affront, just people getting on with their daily lives. You surely don't expect that the owners of this site make their living from it. At least I hope not.

chris98251

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2vlxkdgn said:
I donated last year and didn't get a mention at all. Therefore I didn't ever donate again.
Thanking SOME members and not others pissed me off.

Not to be an asshole but, how often do you thank the Ownership for having this site in the first place being available for you to be pissed off at, Do you thank all the Moderators routinely for donating 1000's of hours unpaid time over years to keep this place above board ? They do it to support .NET and because they value it's traditions, seldom is there any thanks given for the efforts they put out going on now what almost 20 years. But to each his own.

The donation is more then appreciated I can assure you, there is so much that goes on behind the scenes that happens be it the staff, dealing with Hosts and technical issues, people trying to grab the Domain name and it can go on and on, keeping the NFL happy by not allowing some things to be posted, keeping mainstream media happy by not allowing some content that was here in our early years so they will affiliate with us.

That does not even include all the story lines associated everywhere that come from a lot of the observations and posts from people visiting here.

That doesn't even include past members who surely come here for ideas for their own stories that are written. There are a few that went on to be professional writers cutting their teeth here.

All that is what the donations support and more, the fact that we are advertise free in this day and age could almost be considered a small miracle in itself.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Thank You, original poster and PlinytheCenter for your contributions. :2thumbs:

RockHawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":d9qr86st said:
My name isn't on the list either. I don't look at it as an affront, just people getting on with their daily lives. You surely don't expect that the owners of this site make their living from it. At least I hope not.

Thank you both, and anyone else that's donated. The automated system that used to list the donations may have broken at some point, and we'll look into it. Just know your donation is very much appreciated; especially those like Pliny that have donated year after year. Cheers to you.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Just posted an update to the numbers:

Donations - $982
Amazon - $243
Others (fanatics, ect) - $39

Still less than half the overhead, but I've really appreciated those that have donated! As I said in my main forum post, please DM or email me with the amount you donated and I'll be happy to set a custom rank & give you a shoutout on the forum for your generosity!

floreshawk02

Reaction score
Made a donation. Enjoyed checking in here for the past few years. Thanks for what you do.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Just donated, and believe it or not, I'm doing it because I love the forum and not because I am expecting recognition or thanks for my donation.

Latest posts