Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How do you feel now about Kam Chancellor's Extension

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

How do you feel about Kam Chancellor's 3 year 36 Million contract extension now?

I love it! Kam is the leader of defense.
58
45%
I am starting to have my doubts about it.
15
12%
I would have rather seen Kam play out his contract this year and then decide in the off season.
40
31%
I hate it, I knew it was a bad idea. You should never pay players based on their past performance if you want to maintain a winning franchise.
15
12%
 
Total votes : 128

  • I was always against giving him the extension because he is 29 and I wanted him to have to play motivated this year. So far he has looked like a non factor out there to me. What do you guys think? I know it's early in the season...
    edogg23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 798
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm


  • I suspect there will come a time this year that will change your mind about Kam. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16904
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Yeah Kam hasn't flashed this year but at the same time he hasn't hurt us. I agree they'll be a point in the season where we'll be thinking we got a bargin.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2223
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • I love Kam, he's my favorite Hawk of all time behind Easley.

    But we gave him a new contract more for his leadership on defense, rather than his play on the field. Still a good strong safety, but nowhere near his level of play 3-4 years ago.

    Make no mistake, he's here because Pete wants his leadership to help control Richard and the other nonsense starters on that side of the ball. Doesn't mean it was a mistake to give him an extension, but IMO it was 70% leadership based, and only 30% performance on the field based.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12457
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Kam is still Kam, both on the field and off, but one thing I've noticed so far this season, is Kam has continued to grow as the leader of this defense. IMO ET is the man when it comes to on the field holding this defense together, but Kam is the glue that keeps all this high energy players playing as a single group instead of a bunch of individual talents when it comes to their mentality and keeping their head in the game.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 22052
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • He was really bad last week. But he adds to the team more than he takes away.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1604
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • Loved it then and still do. Kam's the leader on the defense, he's the one who finally cooled Sherm off when he was probably getting close to getting himself ejected.
    T-Hawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm


  • Need to have another middle of the road option. Like...Its fine, he will earn his money.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1395
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • Kam was the first guy in the scrum on Sunday trying to pull Sherm out and calm him down. He's not only a leader, but also acts as almost a second tier coach to these guys. I really hope once he hangs them up, he stays within the organization
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • I still like it. Kam is still probably the best SS in the league. Dont like the bennett extension though, should have signed lang and whitworth.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2392
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • There might have been an answer like, "too early to say," and I'd have clicked that one.
    "God loves football, and He is particularly fond of the Seahawks!" :D :mrgreen:
    User avatar
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1789
    Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 pm
    Location: On de beach, mon...


  • Many seem hooked on Kam's bad play when Demarco Murray made the entire defense look like high schoolers.

    I also saw a play when Kam came off the left end and chase down the RB running to the other side of the field and tackle him for a minimal gain. That's something only great players do.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3760
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • RussB wrote:Dont like the bennett extension though, should have signed lang and whitworth.


    :roll:

    Let's just gloss over the fact that Whitworth was never going to be an option for pretty obvious reasons.

    Combined Lang and Whitworth are making $23.7M this year. Bennett is making $15M this year and that was just to front-load his deal.

    Again.. this isn't Madden 2018. FA is so much more complex than "just throw some money at them!"
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11239
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • The extension was essentially through next year if you look at the structure of the deal and even 2018 isn't 100% a sure thing.

    For the short term it's fine but there's no question to me that Kam 2017 is not Kam 2012/2013 in terms of play. Still very good but odds are that we won't see SB 48 Kam ever again.
    GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    JTB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 724
    Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:20 am
    Location: Covington, WA


  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    RussB wrote:Dont like the bennett extension though, should have signed lang and whitworth.


    :roll:

    Let's just gloss over the fact that Whitworth was never going to be an option for pretty obvious reasons.

    Combined Lang and Whitworth are making $23.7M this year. Bennett is making $15M this year and that was just to front-load his deal.

    Again.. this isn't Madden 2018. FA is so much more complex than "just throw some money at them!"

    Joekel is also making money he doesnt deserve. Intead of resigning bennett, and signing joekel. They could have gotten, lang, whitworth, or both. It was a possibility.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2392
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • The extension was deserved. He's a leader, well respected on the team, and played SB49 on one leg. That's enough for me to think he's worth it. If they can throw $8M to Luke Joeckel then Chancellor's deal is a bargain. Yes I know they don't play the same position but look at the value of the player. Kam is more important than Luke to this team. No doubt about it.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6794
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Kam is the least of this team's worries.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1152
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • Kam may end up getting the better end of his deal, but he was on the short side on his prior, so I have no issue given his contributions for putting the B in LOB over the years. He helped put this team on the map, and has left a literal impact on many throughout the league.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I love Kam, he's my favorite Hawk of all time behind Easley.

    But we gave him a new contract more for his leadership on defense, rather than his play on the field. Still a good strong safety, but nowhere near his level of play 3-4 years ago.

    Make no mistake, he's here because Pete wants his leadership to help control Richard and the other nonsense starters on that side of the ball. Doesn't mean it was a mistake to give him an extension, but IMO it was 70% leadership based, and only 30% performance on the field based.

    This is probably true.

    But it's not just Kam (nowhere near his level of play 3-4 years ago).

    Kam will go down as my top 3 favorite Seahawks player of all time

    The Seahawks core is old now.

    It's time for a full in house cleaning.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

    Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


  • I think this signing went from a

    Why would you sign an aging vet to an extension before you have to?

    To

    A lesson on why you don’t sign an aging vet to an exit in before you have to.
    Last edited by edogg23 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 798
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm


  • He was playing some of his best football before the injury.
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1213
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


  • He is out for the rest of the season but that doesn’t change my thought of him. He is the leader of this defense. Not another guy out there that I would rather have on this team.
    SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPS AND I HAVE THE SHIRT TO PROVE IT!
    User avatar
    zchurch74
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 214
    Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:59 am


  • edogg23 wrote:I think this signing went from a

    Why would you sign an aging vet to an extension before you have to?

    To

    A lesson on why you don’t sign an aging vet to an exit in before you have to.

    Only in your mind. :roll:
    If you don't show appreciation for your star players that play without reservations, that RISK their health (Kenny Easley), then you send the WRONG message across the League, and then good luck getting anyone else to even consider playing and leaving it all on the line for the Seattle 'cheapskates' Seahawks.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6316
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Hated it then, hate it now. We should have let him ride out on the final year. He is still a great safety, I just seriously questioned his longevity. I also assumed he would miss games this year. Ding fries are done.

    I say this and I actually love Kam, I even have his jersey.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3815
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    edogg23 wrote:I think this signing went from a

    Why would you sign an aging vet to an extension before you have to?

    To

    A lesson on why you don’t sign an aging vet to an exit in before you have to.

    Only in your mind. :roll:
    If you don't show appreciation for your star players that play without reservations, that RISK their health (Kenny Easley), then you send the WRONG message across the League, and then good luck getting anyone else to even consider playing and leaving it all on the line for the Seattle 'cheapskates' Seahawks.


    Tell that to the Patriots, who have routinely cast aside loyalty for championships
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2118
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Jerhawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    edogg23 wrote:I think this signing went from a

    Why would you sign an aging vet to an extension before you have to?

    To

    A lesson on why you don’t sign an aging vet to an exit in before you have to.

    Only in your mind. :roll:
    If you don't show appreciation for your star players that play without reservations, that RISK their health (Kenny Easley), then you send the WRONG message across the League, and then good luck getting anyone else to even consider playing and leaving it all on the line for the Seattle 'cheapskates' Seahawks.


    Tell that to the Patriots, who have routinely cast aside loyalty for championships


    I keep seeing this argument being made about the Pats, but it's a lot easier to look good with this type of strategy (or really any strategy) when you have the best QB and coach of all time. We see examples of this across all sports, whether it's the Colts with Manning, the Heat with the Big 3, etc, where once the key players leave all of a sudden those who are left aren't the geniuses everyone thought they were.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 197
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 pm


  • Jerhawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    edogg23 wrote:I think this signing went from a

    Why would you sign an aging vet to an extension before you have to?

    To

    A lesson on why you don’t sign an aging vet to an exit in before you have to.

    Only in your mind. :roll:
    If you don't show appreciation for your star players that play without reservations, that RISK their health (Kenny Easley), then you send the WRONG message across the League, and then good luck getting anyone else to even consider playing and leaving it all on the line for the Seattle 'cheapskates' Seahawks.


    Tell that to the Patriots, who have routinely cast aside loyalty for championships


    Is this the actual Patriots who went like a decade between Super Bowl wins, or the pretend Patriots who win the Super Bowl like all the time? Because I keep hearing about the second one but they don't seem to exist.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1894
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


  • I think hindsight is 20/20.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3834
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • bmorepunk wrote:
    Is this the actual Patriots who went like a decade between Super Bowl wins, or the pretend Patriots who win the Super Bowl like all the time? Because I keep hearing about the second one but they don't seem to exist.


    They've been to 7 out of the last 16 superbowls and won five. Also 11 of the last 16 AFC championship games. That's so far beyond what any other team has accomplished there's no point trying to denigrate it. In the same timespan, our team has been to three superbowls and won one. We have been to three NFC championships in that timeframe.

    No one is saying that the Patriots are "won every superbowl possible" perfect, but the gap between them and the rest of the league is vast.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1071
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • adeltaY wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:
    Is this the actual Patriots who went like a decade between Super Bowl wins, or the pretend Patriots who win the Super Bowl like all the time? Because I keep hearing about the second one but they don't seem to exist.


    They've been to 7 out of the last 16 superbowls and won five. Also 11 of the last 16 AFC championship games. That's so far beyond what any other team has accomplished there's no point trying to denigrate it. In the same timespan, our team has been to three superbowls and won one. We have been to three NFC championships in that timeframe.

    No one is saying that the Patriots are "won every superbowl possible" perfect, but the gap between them and the rest of the league is vast.


    They've won a Super Bowl in less than 1/3rd of the seasons during the Brady/Belichick combo. They haven't won a Super Bowl in over 2/3rds of those seasons. They went nearly 10 years without winning one.

    They are that much better than everyone else on average. But they haven't been as successful as they keep being made out to be in this forum. If everything they do is so right all of the time, how come they aren't more successful, particularly with the Brady/Belechick combo? Not everything they do is some amazing formula or process that other teams should copy.

    There's a lot of complaining here about how if the Seahawks did this one thing or this other thing (often copying the Patriots) that somehow they'd just win another Super Bowl. But if Belechick and Brady couldn't do it for nearly a decade, how magical are these things, really?
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1894
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


  • Jerhawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    edogg23 wrote:I think this signing went from a

    Why would you sign an aging vet to an extension before you have to?

    To

    A lesson on why you don’t sign an aging vet to an exit in before you have to.

    Only in your mind. :roll:
    If you don't show appreciation for your star players that play without reservations, that RISK their health (Kenny Easley), then you send the WRONG message across the League, and then good luck getting anyone else to even consider playing and leaving it all on the line for the Seattle 'cheapskates' Seahawks.


    Tell that to the Patriots, who have routinely cast aside loyalty for championships

    Why would I give a shit about telling UNETHICAL BASTARDS anything?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6316
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • I always like to see guys get that money. So, liked the deal then and like it now.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2139
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm




  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3734
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

    On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?

    Kam is very vital part of our defense. He is the original Boom in the LOB.
    SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPS AND I HAVE THE SHIRT TO PROVE IT!
    User avatar
    zchurch74
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 214
    Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:59 am


  • zchurch74 wrote:I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

    On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?

    Kam is very vital part of our defense. He is the original Boom in the LOB.

    ^^THIS^^ I too am one who believes in rewarding all out effort.
    There are some players who hold nothing back, going balls out on every play, and risk their everything.
    Kam Chancellor is an ALPHA WARRIOR.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6316
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • The very existence of this thread can eat a bowl of Ds.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3566
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA



  • zchurch74 wrote:I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

    On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?


    Exactly.

    People just criticized Kam because they felt he was keeping us from another good offensive lineman. It was never about how well Kam himself was actually performing.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16242
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • zchurch74 wrote:I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

    On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?

    Kam is very vital part of our defense. He is the original Boom in the LOB.

    I'm guessing because the Seahawks would've gotten a draft pick(s) for him and freed up cap room?

    Was sorta on the fence about keeping Kam even though I was leaning slightly more towards preferring to keep him. Think they could've gotten a pretty big return and gotten a lot younger, or let him walk after the season collecting a 3rd comp pick and cap room if they felt he was declining. The Seahawks also apparently graded SS Delano Hill a 1st or 2nd round grade, so they might have a viable replacement already.

    Am still certain I would've dealt Bennett, Sherman, Avril and let Graham go though...
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 994
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • massari wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

    On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?

    Kam is very vital part of our defense. He is the original Boom in the LOB.

    I'm guessing because the Seahawks would've gotten a draft pick(s) for him and freed up cap room?

    Was sorta on the fence about keeping Kam even though I was leaning slightly more towards preferring to keep him. Think they could've gotten a pretty big return and gotten a lot younger, or let him walk after the season collecting a 3rd comp pick and cap room if they felt he was declining. The Seahawks also apparently graded SS Delano Hill a 1st or 2nd round grade, so they might have a viable replacement already.

    Am still certain I would've dealt Bennett, Sherman, Avril and let Graham go though...


    Who does Madden say we can get for dumping everyone all at once.

    As far as resigning, I was of the mind he has been dinged, love the player and his heart but that's the time you try and trade when he is healthy again. After second contract you really have to look at the mileage on a player and how much punishment they take every game. Defenders are in collisions pretty much every play either in a tackle or getting blocked.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • nanomoz wrote:Hard to resist.

    :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3566
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • No way to predict injuries, it's football, these things happen.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7029
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No way to predict injuries, it's football, these things happen.


    I can think of one!

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • :cussing:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7029
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No way to predict injuries, it's football, these things happen.


    He missed 11 games the last 3 years (2 bc of the hold out), when he only missed 1 game his first 4 years in the league.

    He is a great player and leader, but his body seemed to be breaking down; and why I voted I wished we'd have let him play out the year.

    Love the player, just don't think it was imperative to give him an extension.
    scrummymustard
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 136
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:52 am


  • That's your opinion and that's cool. He is incredibly important to this team, in many ways. Leadership being one.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7029
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I thought it was a bad idea at the time. Then the season started and it's seemed like a really bad idea. He's been invisible all year and now his season and probably career is over. Not the front office's smartest move.
    User avatar
    keatonisballin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 633
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:24 am
    Location: Fed Way


  • kidhawk wrote:Kam is still Kam, both on the field and off, but one thing I've noticed so far this season, is Kam has continued to grow as the leader of this defense. IMO ET is the man when it comes to on the field holding this defense together, but Kam is the glue that keeps all this high energy players playing as a single group instead of a bunch of individual talents when it comes to their mentality and keeping their head in the game.

    yeah yer right--thomas is the qb of the d--we saw this last year when he was out

    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2267
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


  • chris98251 wrote:
    massari wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

    On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?

    Kam is very vital part of our defense. He is the original Boom in the LOB.

    I'm guessing because the Seahawks would've gotten a draft pick(s) for him and freed up cap room?

    Was sorta on the fence about keeping Kam even though I was leaning slightly more towards preferring to keep him. Think they could've gotten a pretty big return and gotten a lot younger, or let him walk after the season collecting a 3rd comp pick and cap room if they felt he was declining. The Seahawks also apparently graded SS Delano Hill a 1st or 2nd round grade, so they might have a viable replacement already.

    Am still certain I would've dealt Bennett, Sherman, Avril and let Graham go though...


    Who does Madden say we can get for dumping everyone all at once.

    1st for Sherman + cap room
    2nd for Bennett + cap room
    3rd for Avril + cap room
    $10M in cap room for Graham

    Madden bless.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 994
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am




It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information