Rams #16 Seahawks #17 Read it and Weep

Seymour

Reaction score
This is what the rest of the country thinks of us when we show a weakness in our defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...gs-week-4-titans-hit-top-five-steelers-plunge

Contrary to national perception, the Seahawks did not lose to the Titans solely because of the offensive line or even the offense as a whole. Yes, in the first half, Seattle's offense stunk. But the unit rebounded to put up 433 total yards and 27 points on the road, while the much-maligned line surrendered one whole sack. Those stats should point to a win. The problem was the defense, from penalties to blown coverage and, most noticeably, not peeling off downfield blocks. Tell me, Seahawks fans, am I seeing this wrong? (@HarrisonNFL)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They will be back in his Top 10 within 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
I can't ever remember seeing an 8 place drop in 1 week before. We lose 1 road game by 6 that the odds makers said we would lose and drop 8 places. The perceived weakness in the defense is a game changer for this team (if it holds). We know those numbers won't hold, but I don't believe we bounce back all too soon either. In reality, or in power rankings.

nategreat

Reaction score
So funny how quickly opinions change. Our defense is legit. Anyone who doesn't believe that knows nothing. Even the best defenses occasionally slip for a game. Especially when the offense doesn't do their part or even stay on the field.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Good. Love it when we fly under the radar. Let the world think we are done. We will still be one of the best teams when it's said and done

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't necessarily disagree. Power rankings are based on current performance..

nanomoz

Reaction score
The "1 sack" stat is misleading. Wilson was under pressure on nearly half of his dropbacks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's early, "chillax!"

You win Championships at the end of the season.

The Rams better than the Seahawks?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

As far. As the rankings are concerned I'm surprised the team is not ranked lower but really what do week 3 rankings mean?

Diddly.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I had a post a couple days ago that said exactly this. I watch and have watched a lot of football, and the team the Seahawks fielded this year, for several reasons, is a team just barely in the bottom half of the league. I actually said 16 or 17.

I hope we can right the ship, and we have a cake schedule to help us, but can any of us objectively look at the last 3 games and come to a different ranking?

evergreen

Reaction score
We go as Russell goes and has been very underwhelming until the end of the half. Missing open WRs is a drive killer. So if he's cold we kind suck on offense. If he can compensate for our flaws we're good. But I agree that there's no proof that we're any good yet.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I always find these rankings interesting but don't put any real merit to them. Not when we were #2 and not at #17

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He's wrong about the defense. This is probably the best defense we have ever put on the field. To come to the conclusion that he did, one would have to watch just the Tennessee game in isolation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, the Rams have beaten the Colts (barely) and the Niners. Not impressed. Their pass D is a joke.
I hope they continue to put us down in the rankings. Not that they matter anyway.

sutz

Reaction score
It's September. Huge swings in rankings are pretty normal. They are always subjective and questionable, but they at least become more 'accurate' after 6 or 8 games or so, with more data to calculate the algorithms.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I do not care about rankings whatsoever, but I am concerned that the Rams are improving. Not that we can win the division every year in perpetuity, but it seems the gap is closing rapidly.

sutz

Reaction score
NJlargent":1kfk4tfs said:
I do not care about rankings whatsoever, but I am concerned that the Rams are improving. Not that we can win the division every year in perpetuity, but it seems the gap is closing rapidly.
Yeah, that kind of happens when they draft higher than us year after year. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3hmwhfpw said:
He's wrong about the defense. This is probably the best defense we have ever put on the field. To come to the conclusion that he did, one would have to watch just the Tennessee game in isolation.

On paper, yes. This D is loaded with All Pro talent, but IMO the 2012-2013 defense is not only the best Hawk defense of all time, it's a top 2-3 ALL TIME defense.

Look at our PPG, it's slowly gone up each year with this core group on defense.........and these guys are now 5-6 years older, which means slower and more prone to nagging injuries.

It's very hard to have a great OLD defense, and that's what we have now. Still very good, but IMO not great, as we saw Sunday watching them melt and lose their composure in the sun as soon as they encountered adversity. That's not a sign of a great defense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":277jyjlo said:
bigskydoc":277jyjlo said:

On paper, yes. This D is loaded with All Pro talent, but IMO the 2012-2013 defense is not only the best Hawk defense of all time, it's a top 2-3 ALL TIME defense.

Look at our PPG, it's slowly gone up each year with this core group on defense.........and these guys are now 5-6 years older, which means slower and more prone to nagging injuries.

It's very hard to have a great OLD defense, and that's what we have now. Still very good, but IMO not great, as we saw Sunday watching them melt and lose their composure in the sun as soon as they encountered adversity. That's not a sign of a great defense.

What we had in 2013 that we've never quite been able to replicate since (IMO) was a VERY deep Defensive Line. It allowed for a lot of rotation and a lot of high energy even late in games. These guys are just as good on paper, but when you start looking at the depth and ability to rotate guys in and out, it's just not there the way it was in 2013.