Wilson unable to hear Bevell? (Speculation)

jpetty38

Reaction score
I noticed it when watching the game but Wilson seemed to try and mess with the speaker in his helmet, and then just switched helmets with someone before he drove us and got the TD. Anyone have any info on this?

I know Doug was getting super upset.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
That's probably wishful thinking there, dude. I know RW had a few problems getting the call in a timely manner, but that's nothing new.

OP
OP
jpetty38

jpetty38

Reaction score
I only bring it up, because at one point it looked like he was crinkling some paper near the mic. I know it's most likely it just broke, but kinda weird that it breaks and we get a TD. Seems this has happened before.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Never happened as you say it.
Helmet speaker misfunctions happen all the time and they either fix it or sub in a new helmet.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2g1qekey said:
Helmet speaker misfunctions happen all the time and they either fix it or sub in a new helmet.

You have learned the Bevell coaching tree quite well. :2thumbs:

FU79HFVG33OQ7QC.LARGE.jpg

Jville

Reaction score
Returning to the topic and a topic question .................

jpetty38":3ika6phm said:
I only bring it up, because at one point it looked like he was crinkling some paper near the mic. I know it's most likely it just broke, but kinda weird that it breaks and we get a TD. Seems this has happened before.

Threedee":3ika6phm said:
When they go into hurry-up, does Bevell become less involved in the offense?

Darrell Bevell and Russell Wilson are on the same page. Coordinator and Quarterback are pretty tight on the progression of play calls during a game. Coach Bevell addressed a query about play calls in his most recent press conference. Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell uses a game plan menu for each specific game. Quarterback Russell Wilson uses a tool box menu when events mandate or present themselves.

OP
OP
jpetty38

jpetty38

Reaction score
I figured it was more than likely just a messed up helmet, I think the only reason i thought it might be Russ getting frustrated was looking at baldwin who was not happy.

All good, thanks for the info Jville.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":232mpqqx said:

"Never"

Are you sure about that?

I'm not but "never" seems like a really bold statement.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1mt3kkmn said:
Siouxhawk":1mt3kkmn said:

"Never"

Are you sure about that?

Yes, I can convincingly say that Wilson never tampered with the speaker in his helmet so that he wouldn't be able to hear his offensive coordinator. That never happened.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm reminded of the Bears game in 2012. Lynch told Wilson to "take over the game" in the fourth; Wilson did, he started taking off running all the time and eventually won. It's one of the few snippets that give me the sense that the players, too, are dissatisfied with Bevell's situational calls. Though I think yesterday's gameplan (get the ball out quickly) was fine.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2mtdld1u said:
pmedic920":2mtdld1u said:
Siouxhawk":2mtdld1u said:

"Never"

Are you sure about that?

Yes, I can convincingly say that Wilson never tampered with the speaker in his helmet so that he wouldn't be able to hear his offensive coordinator. That never happened.

Pray, tell us your capacity in the seahawks organization that you can make such a definitive statement.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Is kind of ironic that we finally score a TD when the so call mic problems started happening and the QB was having issues communicating with the OC. Hmmmm

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lol, I noticed the same thing as well.

I was hoping he went rogue and started calling his own plays. Did it happen? Only a few know, one of them was our very own Siouxhawk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Hopefully, they continue to have similar communication problems.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1zbygzo8 said:

But yet they can't have them sub in a classic retro Hawks helmet once a year ! :evil:

rjdriver

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1fxp5mvx said:
I'm reminded of the Bears game in 2012. Lynch told Wilson to "take over the game" in the fourth; Wilson did, he started taking off running all the time and eventually won. It's one of the few snippets that give me the sense that the players, too, are dissatisfied with Bevell's situational calls. Though I think yesterday's gameplan (get the ball out quickly) was fine.

I loved that game. One of my all time favorites. That game had everything.