My takes

StoneCold

Reaction score
1. Oline pass protected better, needs to be better yet.
2. Oline did not block well in the running game.
3. Several of the sacks were on Russell or the WR's hard to tell without All 22.
4. Yes there were 6 drops, but Russell needs to be more accurate and better at finding the open man.
5. There were 6 drops.
6. Defense played great.
7. We won!
8. Bring on Tennessee!

mistaowen

Reaction score
Quick passing game noticeably improved pass blocking but there were still a handful of times the linemen didn't get a hand on a defender. I just don't understand how you can get to the NFL and consistently whiff blocks the way some do. It's not even assignment issues, Glow/Rees got torched multiple times.

Drops were tough, 2 potential TD's. Russ was also throwing high, missed a few passes letting them sail a bit.

Jimmy Graham has 4 catches for 9 yards so far this year. Just absolutely inexcusable how he is being used.

The big runs came when Sheldon Richardson was on the bench I believe. Outside of that, 49ers couldn't do much, 61 yard run definitely inflated their average.

Running game finally opened up when 49ers defense was gassed. Not much there until the fourth.

Hawks46

Reaction score
My biggest problem with the OL is the uncertainty.

We're not getting good play from Joekel who was supposed to stabilize things.

We're getting atrocious play from Glowinski, and I'm wondering how long they'll let him develop.

GB typically gives us fits. Capers has Wilson's and Bevell's number, so I expect that. Game 2 really comes down to: exactly how good is the SF DL ? They have 3 high 1st round picks there. They could be rounding into form and end up being a very good unit, which then we can understand.

Or they could still not be quite there, and our OL really is that bad. Crappy thing is, no way of really knowing.

I'm also still unhappy with situational play calling. We should go uptempo at least once in a while after a quick 3 and out from our defense to take teams by surprise and we just won't do it.

It also started raining and SF's shorter routes seemed more effective than our longer developing ones, and yet we didn't change that up at all either. We seem very off on making adjustments this year.

Latest posts