Roster cut announcements have begun

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/903739173487513600[/tweet]

Link to NFL roster-cut-tracker >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000837423/article/roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trim-to-53player-rosters[/urltargetblank]

MrThortan

Reaction score
Real curious about the RB and WR situations. QB to a lesser extent.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wonder if Cassius Marsh will finally get cut. He's been a penalty machine so far. Plus he doesn't do anything well. Time to get rid of dead weight. He may be a nice guy but he's awful football player.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Marsh has been doing great this preseason. Getting lots of pressures. I'll admit the roughing the passer penalty seems to come second nature to him at times. You don't cut a guy who has improved every year and is a solid depth piece and good special teams player.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3enp8xd5 said:
I wonder if Cassius Marsh will finally get cut. He's been a penalty machine so far. Plus he doesn't do anything well. Time to get rid of dead weight. He may be a nice guy but he's awful football player.

Players and Pete and many fans are high on Marsh. I don't get it either because I just don't see a lot from the guy other than always trying hard I suppose. But ya, sooner or later we need to upgrade him IMO.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Marsh penalty wise was no different than Bruce

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Seymour":2sowb1gt said:
hawkfan68":2sowb1gt said:

Players and Pete and many fans are high on Marsh. I don't get it either because I just don't see a lot from the guy other than always trying hard I suppose. But ya, sooner or later we need to upgrade him IMO.

Cassius "3 sacks in 3 years" Marsh is probably the Hawk that is the most absurdly overrated by the fans. He is a terrible DE but a decent special teamer. When the real NFL players are out there, Cassius can't do anything on the DL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":dm1qqnir said:

Really??? Only agree he's a good guy.

That roughing the passer call against the Raiders was patent rubbish, ticky tack preseason junk, and so was the call against Morgan. Please point out the rest of the penalties that justifies the penalty machine ad hominem.

Don't agree on the football opinion either, CM is a stellar ST player something Pete acknowledges. I have faith he will be on the team and will make lots of plays this season. He's solid depth and isn't paid big bucks. He'll will likely not get a second contract but he shows up and plays hard every time he's on the field. He will play a long time in the league if he can stay healthy.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I feel like Vannett might be cut. A bit of a surprise given his draft status and remaining club control. Swoopes, an undrafted free agent QB convert, appeared to be a better option. Vannett was supposed to be a do it all TE, but I have not seen him do anything well. Such a bummer we whiffed on TE in this years draft, too.

massari

Reaction score
MrThortan":2j4pjtly said:
Real curious about the RB and WR situations. QB to a lesser extent.
WR is pretty easy. Going to have some nice options for the PS as well with Moore, Lawler, Grayson, Rodgers ect.

Baldwin
Lockett
Richardson
Darboh
Williams
McEvoy

RB:
Lacy
Rawls
Prosise
Carson
McKissic?Davis?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
jammerhawk":lcfnl8gr said:
hawkfan68":lcfnl8gr said:

That roughing the passer call against the Raiders was patent rubbish, ticky tack preseason junk, and so was the call against Morgan. Please point out the rest of the penalties that justifies the penalty machine ad hominem.

Don't agree on the football opinion either, CM is a stellar ST player something Pete acknowledges. I have faith he will be on the team and will make lots of plays this season. He's solid depth and isn't paid big bucks. He'll will likely not get a second contract but he shows up and plays hard every time he's on the field. He will play a long time in the league if he can stay healthy.

I gotta agree with this in totality regarding Marsh.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
When do the cuts have to be finalized?

1:00 pm PT

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1wjwyafg said:
jammerhawk":1wjwyafg said:
hawkfan68":1wjwyafg said:

I gotta agree with this in totality regarding Marsh.

Truth.

But there have been other "roughing" calls. Maybe it's bad luck (and I'm operating strictly from memory) -but last season two stand out- I think they would have been his first two sacks ever- both ended in penalties. Add those alone to preseason and his penalty calls per sack come out at 1:1, so there is that...

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/904006934847774726[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
Looks like we missed one or two...

Players cut to reach 53: TE Steve Donatell, WR Jamel Johnson, TE Marcus Lucas

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1u8lvh2m said:
Jville":1u8lvh2m said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/904006934847774726[/tweet]

Good news for Roos

Totally predictable, as he had no shot at making the roster. Still, I always feel bad for these guys like him. He won't be unemployed for long though.

I actually have Roos getting cut, as I think the team is actually in good shape with Pocic, who can play just about everywhere. Roos is one I see them being able to stash on the Practice Squad.