Any new additions that will help the pass rush?

RW92

Reaction score
Assuming that Malik McDowell isn't coming back this year, I started to research the list of new players as well as 2nd year
players who could contribute towards improving our pass rush. First of all Quinton Jefferson and Jarran Reed should help and be an improvement over last year. Quinton had some injuries towards the end of 2016 and if healthy should make a good contribution. I anticipate a steady improvement from Reed but he has to keep his weight under control to be explosive off the ball and into the backfield.

And then there is Nazir Jones and a player named Shaneil Jenkins who came from a small program. Our hope would for Nazir to develop into the athlete that we all envision. And who knows maybe Jenkins will be that find that John S. recruits with skillful aplomb. I'll have to continue to watch and see if Marcus Smith can recapture the magic he so desperately seeks, and Dion Jordan has had off the field issues and too many knee surgeries to get back on the field to even show what he can do right now.

We know where everyone else stands. We'll have to wait and see as the pre-season develops to really take a look at what we have. Because if there was one weakness we had last year was getting off the field on third down and putting excessive pressure on the quarterback in key situations.

I would be interested to hear anyone else's opinion on an area that I think is as vital as our Offensive Line in predicting how far we go in the 2017 season.