Which "Should Win No Problem" game will we lose?

rjdriver

Reaction score
C'mon now. Every year there is at least one game that you weren't really worried about that just floors you. (TB last year)

No one would be surprised if we struggled to defeat GB, ATL, or DAL, but what team is most likely to catch us napping?

I thought about a poll, but determined that there is too much ambiguity to make a proper list. For example, I see TEN as a very difficult game, while others might be putting it into their easy win category in most of our 12-4 or 13-3 season predictions.
I don't even know if @Rams would qualify as a should win these days based on our history.

Will we have a sleeper loss this year or will we beat everyone we should?

If so, who?

I thought about the Colts, but saw it's a primetime game. I still can't fathom a Jags loss under any circumstance, even at 10:00am. I can't decide if the Eagles qualify and the Titans and Giants certainly don't.

That leaves me with Washington, Houston, and the Niners as my potential "didn't see that coming" losses. Of those, I'm going with a SF loss a week after a hard fought, exhausting ATL win.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rams doesn't work as a "Should win no problem" game because they have had our number the past few years. Losing to them hasn't been a surprise in years.

I am going with the Jags.

Aircrew

Reaction score
It's not as big of a surprise as the Rams or Jags would be, but I could see us dropping the Tennessee game.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Tennessee. They are going to be tough. They have a great line and running game.

I suspect a lot of Seahawks fans haven't paid attention to them and assume we will win easily. Those same fans thought we would beat Tampa easily, and we managed all of 5 points.

Titans game is going to be critical. Opening in GB (where we haven't won since 1999, and whose defense owns us for some reason) is rough. We get SF at home in Week 2, then the road game in Tennesee.

We then have Indy, @Rams (always trouble, especially in their house), @Giants (great defense), then the Texans and that nasty defense that is going to frustrate our offense.

Lots of intriguing early season games that will shape our whole season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":23usn3bp said:
Tennessee. They are going to be tough. They have a great line and running game.

I suspect a lot of Seahawks fans haven't paid attention to them and assume we will win easily. Those same fans thought we would beat Tampa easily, and we managed all of 5 points.

Titans game is going to be critical. Opening in GB (where we haven't won since 1999, and whose defense owns us for some reason) is rough. We get SF at home in Week 2, then the road game in Tennesee.

We then have Indy, @Rams (always trouble, especially in their house), @Giants (great defense), then the Texans and that nasty defense that is going to frustrate our offense.

Lots of intriguing early season games that will shape our whole season.
Yep, Titans.

Not worried about *allas, NO last place schedule this year, EE will get suspended, defense will be even worse this year than last year and that saying a lot. *allas is goIng to be a dumpster fire once things start going down hill early.

Lithium

Reaction score
its football, even the jets and brown win every year so i wouldnt be suprised if we lost to any one of our opponents

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would say the Texans. They have an elite defensive line and if our offensive line isn't improved that could be an ugly situation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Colts on SNF.

For some reason, I have a feeling our team will lay an egg in this one at home

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":109c38rx said:
The Colts on SNF.

For some reason, I have a feeling our team will lay an egg in this one at home

Nah, it's a prime time game. There isn't a finer coach at getting his teams ready for prime time than Carroll. Don't see a letdown here.

For me it's Tennessee. On the road. Tough physical team that can raise their intensity. It'll be a barometer game for them. For us, it's just a non conference road game. That seems like a team that is built to beat us at our own game.

Jacksonville could be another. Although Bortles could lose it on his own. Defense is young but coming into their 2nd/3rd years. Could be a team that is poised to improve after being said team for years now.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Is a better question not will we lose; but could we lose?

Road - Tennessee is a classic trap game; with an improving record and QB in his 3rd year..

Home - Washington; Cousins is journeyman veteran(two time franchise tag) and Hawks could look past them.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":3g4xso7l said:
Rams doesn't work as a "Should win no problem" game because they have had our number the past few years. Losing to them hasn't been a surprise in years.

I am going with the Jags.

Not to hijack this thread into a different direction, but I wonder how much of the losses to the Rams could be attributed to player matchup or Jeff Fisher? I believe that Fisher looked at Seahawks games each year as his super bowl.

I think Tennessee might be the shocking loss.

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
Hopefully not the Texans. I'll be traveling from Kentucky for that game, and it'd be a long flight back with a loss. :pukeface:

I'll say Tennessee. That's an under the radar team moving in the right direction.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jaguars are the likely candidate.

I miss the days (Russell's first season) where we didn't let off the brakes and blew out inferior opponents. We had what, three games that we won by MORE than four scores?

Playing down to our competition is very annoying to watch.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'd pick a loss to the 9ers.

All y'all picking Houston as a "should win" ain't been paying attention.

They really aren't far from being in the upper echelon.
Watt and Clowny are both starting the season heathy.
Aside from being @ Clink I cant see any reason to call that game a "should win"