Predict the 2017 Hawks Opener...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's that time again, if this has already been posted, please delete.
Let's hear the predictions on who the Hawks open the season against and where......
FYI: M's are at HOME the Sunday of opening weekend, and on the ROAD the next day (Monday)

Screw it, changing my pick now:

HAWKS AT JAX - 10am start. The league would love to have us roast in the sun. They did it before, and would probably have no problem doing it again.

drcool

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1ey2uneb said:

That would be horrible. The weather is brutal here in Jacksonville in early September. I am hoping the Jags game is in November or December.

I am thinking we open with either a Sunday night or Monday night game against the Cowboys.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
original poster":3bn87kp7 said:
@ Packers is my bet

Nah, the schedule makers will make sure the Seahawks have to travel there when it's cold. Probably no earlier than mid-November.

I'll go with @ San Fran.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
drcool":3l2dmgwz said:
Seahawkfan80":3l2dmgwz said:

That would be horrible. The weather is brutal here in Jacksonville in early September. I am hoping the Jags game is in November or December.

I am thinking we open with either a Sunday night or Monday night game against the Cowboys.

EGGZACTLY.....I remember San Diego.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Jerhawk":6z7gyifu said:
@Los Angeles Rams in the 2nd Monday Night game

Per the rules they shared last year, Rams can't play when USC is in school - so, a Monday night game at the Coliseum is highly unlikely.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm going to just assume we are away, as I can't remember the last time (if ever) we opened with a Monday night game, and with the Mariners playing a Sunday home game, we should be on the road.

I also am assuming here that the Falcons will get the SNF game as has been rumored.

That leaves me with a few options.

@ Packers would be a good matchup to start the year, but would they want to waste a quality prime time game to a Sunday slot?

@ Cowboys would be popular, but again, this is better slated to a possible prime time situation

Obviously @ any division rival would be a solid way to start the season, but with the exception of the Rams LA opener, we haven't seen any division rivals to open the season for some time now.

Using this logic, I'm going with......

@ Giants at 10 am (Seattle time) Sunday September 10th

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Since the Sounders play on Sunday night, and the Mariners on Sunday afternoon, we won't be at home unless we host the late Monday night game. The NFC West has hosted the last three years of MNF late games. I''m betting Oakland gets the nod.

That narrows it down to Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Cowboys, Giants, Jaguars, Titans, Packers

Although Miami came to Seattle to open last season, I bet the NFL doesn't make us travel to the east coast for the opener.

I bet we open against the Titans.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":s31osb75 said:
Jerhawk":s31osb75 said:
@Los Angeles Rams in the 2nd Monday Night game

Per the rules they shared last year, Rams can't play when USC is in school - so, a Monday night game at the Coliseum is highly unlikely.

That's good to know. Thank you.

Then I change my vote to @Arizona in the 2nd Monday night game

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rumor has the Falcons getting the Sunday Night Game. Maybe they put them on the road against the Hawks, but I'm guessing it's a non-marquee away game. I could see it being the Jags. Rams a good possibility too.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Forgot to mention earlier that the M's are at HOME on the Sunday of opening weekend. But they are on the ROAD the next day.

summesm

Reaction score
With Mariners home Sunday afternoon and sounder Sunday night I would bet on us opening on road . 2nd Monday night game maybe but that be fast turnaround for the stadium . Possible but don't see it

HawkGA

Reaction score
It's about time the Hawks got the opening Monday night game. Seems like that is always going to either the Chargers or the Raiders.