Twitter blowing up about Richard Sherman

Cyrus12

Reaction score
yep seen that as well...available for serious offers. Safe to say the dysfunction on this team is real if this is the case...

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
That would be horrible. I hope there is nothing to it. There would be a mutiny in the locker room. If it is true, I wonder if he requested to be traded?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Not a real thing. Lombardi just making stuff up, no accountability these days.

Hyak

Reaction score
While I don't think he's being shopped, it's not completely crazy.

1. He's under contract through 2018 only and it's conceivable that he won't get a 3rd contract at 30 years old.
2. It would clear about 9 M in cap space for 2017 and 13 M from 2018.
3. It would send a message about who's in charge.
4. The draft is extremely deep in Seahawk CB's

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Replace "loud noises" with "news" and this is Twitter...
LoudNoises.gif~c200

Seymour

Reaction score
Hate quoting Bleacher Report but they have some info on the rumor.
According to The Ringer's Michael Lombardi (h/t NEPatriotsDraft.com's Mike Loyko), "Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb

Personally I think if they could get a couple of high picks or a very good player and pick for him, I don't think it's such a bad idea really. There is no doubt something going on with him last year, and if it's effecting the team as is sure could be, then nobody is that big.

Subzero717

Reaction score
If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Lombardi is with the Ringer. No integrity and needing hits.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
The Bill Belichik school of selling high.

What would you let him go for?

If someone offered a 1st and a 2nd, I'd have to press the phone to my shoulder and call Pete into the room.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FAKE NEWS

Just Lombardi talking out of his southern most orifice.
Of course the local sports radio hacks are all "giddy" over this nonsense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":3tb1v2jr said:
According to The Ringer's Michael Lombardi (h/t NEPatriotsDraft.com's Mike Loyko), "Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb

Personally I think if they could get a couple of high picks or a very good player and pick for him, I don't think it's such a bad idea really. There is no doubt something going on with him last year, and if it's effecting the team as is sure could be, then nobody is that big.

:34853_doh:
Thanks for reminding me how much I HATE fantasy football and Madden.

Seymour

Reaction score
Subzero717":16u19nwy said:
If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Graham and Harvin both were brought in, and Graham and Harvin were both rumored to be on the block, in fact Peyton said pretty much anyone was negotiable after their crap season. If we were to want to shop Sherm, the Seahawks would have to put word out so all 31 could consider this for their best chance at a good value for him. So eliminating the possibility because the word is out does not make sense IMO.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I could see this having an effect regardless if this is true or not. Richard could believe the rumors to be true the more it gets flung around to the point where the only way he wouldn't believe it is if there was an actual audio recording of Pete and John saying they wanted to trade him.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Cyrus12":13aplu12 said:
yep saw that as well...available for serious offers. Safe to say the dysfunction on this team is real if this is the case...

Fixed it for you. Sorry pet peeve

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1611yoym said:
Seymour":1611yoym said:

:34853_doh:
Thanks for reminding me how much I HATE fantasy football and Madden.

I wouldn't know. I don't play either. I've been a fan since '76, and last season was a despicable showing of sportsmanship by Sherm. Like I said....IF THEY BELIEVE HE IS A PROBLEM to the team.....do it. I doubt that factors in with Madden, but I bet you would know though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":7e3vtyyo said:
Subzero717":7e3vtyyo said:

Graham and Harvin both were brought in, and Graham and Harvin were both rumored to be on the block, in fact Peyton said pretty much anyone was negotiable after their crap season. If we were to want to shop Sherm, the Seahawks would have to put word out so all 31 could consider this for their best chance at a good value for him. So eliminating the possibility because the word is out does not make sense IMO.
Trading Sherm while your Super Bowl window is still open is BEYOND dumb.
Do you realize how hard good corners are to come by, they don't grow on trees.

Plus if you get rid of Sherm, the cancer (DB) is still there, and you've accomplished nothing except creating a huge hole in your defense for a couple of draft picks that may not amount to squat.