2017 Seahawks, Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

jammerhawk

Reaction score
2017 Seahawks

This thread is now closed and new 2018 thread started. This thread will no longer be updated.

Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The team usually makes close to 300 roster moves/season (this year only 246); and the depth chart changes as injuries happen and/or players are added or subtracted as needed. I believe having a depth chart here is a good addition to the main board page so when the team changes players, knowing their player numbers, their names, and positional information is a good thing to be able to quickly refer to here without leaving the site. JS likes to churn the roster a bit to help the competitive situations at various positions. The season is now over and the FAs will be broken out from the roster and identified as Seahawks FAs.

Here is a current depth chart. All the FA players, ERFA, RFA, & UFA have been taken out of the roster even though officially this won't be the case until the official end of the season, and each of the IR players added back to the team. I will record each further transaction in and out as they happen. This depth chart is just my opinion. The plan is to record all forthcoming roster moves and to adjust the DC as the roster changes are made. This gives a more accurate representation of the present depth on the roster going into the offseason.

Please advise here of any changes as they happen. Regardless, I will attempt to keep this depth chart current quickly after all changes, PS designations, waivers, cuts, additions, players claimed, PUP or injury designations, etc.. I will attempt to keep it current throughout the season by indicating what the roster moves were after they happen. This sometimes involves a delay, sometimes life intervenes, and the delay may result in the update being slower to happen. However, I will make every effort to keep this page current. This hopefully will be a complete record.

As well I will update the presently available cap number on a weekly basis, or as quickly as information can be obtained from https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/seattle-seahawks/. The number can be seen at the bottom of the page.

Here is the present roster from Seahawks.com: http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster

As well now here is the DC from the team: http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart

Color Codes

- Player already on team from last season, or added with futures deal (F) before FA or the draft

- Players from the team who are/were UFAs (U), RFAs (R), or ERFAs (E) in 2017

- Note: included are added FAs on 1 yr. deals (as italicized). Where a player is from the outside the player may have an appropriately colored designation.

- Player added in FA or claimed as a FA or as a veteran waived player

- Player added in Draft

- UDFA added after the draft

- Player renewed before contract expired

- Player acquired by trade

PRESENT ROSTER

Players presently under contract, now excluding 2018 Free Agents with IR Players added back

OFFENSE (22)

QB- 3- Russell Wilson, 2- Trevone Boykin, PS> (F)

RB- 32- Chris Carson (IR), 22- CJ Prosise (IR)

FB- 38- Tre Madden (IR), (IRDR) on 27/12/17, 43- Jalston Fowler, PS> (F)

WR- 89- Doug Baldwin, 19- Tanner McEvoy, 83- David Moore,

WR- 16- Tyler Lockett, 84- Amara Darboh, 13- Cyril Grayson, PS> (F)

LT- 76- Duane Brown, 74- George Fant (IR),

LG- 70- Rees Odhiambo (IR), 66- Willie Beavers, PS> (F)

OC- 68- Justin Britt,

RG- 77- Ethan Pocic, 64- Jordan Roos,

RT- 65- Germain Ifedi, 79- Isiah Battle, PS> (F)

TE- 81- Nick Vannett,

DEFENCE (21)

LDE- 72- Michael Bennett,

LDT- 92- Naziar Jones, (IR), 94- Malik McDowell, (NFI), Note: player cleared to workout 17/10/17

RDT- 90- Jarran Reed,

RDE- 55- Frank Clark, 56- Cliff Avril (IR), u/k- Noble Nwachukwu PS> (F),

SOLB-

MLB- 54- Bobby Wagner,

WOLB- 50- KJ Wright, 58- DJ Alexander,

LCB- 25- Richard Sherman, (IR), 23- Nieko Thorpe, 40- Mike Tyson, 21- DeAndre Elliott (IR),

RCB- 26- Shaquill Griffin, 20- Jeremy Lane,

FS- 29- Earl Thomas, 33- Tedric Thompson, 43- Alex Carter , PS> (F)

SS- 31- Kam Chancellor, (IR), 42- Delano Hill,

SPECIAL TEAMS (2)

PK- u/k- Jason Myers, (F)

P- 9- Jon Ryan,

LS-

TOTAL = ??

PRACTICE SQUAD

INJURED RESERVE (IR), PUP (PUP), WAIVED INJURED (WI), INJURED RESERVED DESIGNATED RECALL (IRDR), Non-football Injury (NFI), Reserve Did Not Report (RDNR) ,
1. DT- 94- Malik McDowell, (NFI), Note: player cleared to workout 17/10/17
2. DE- 95- Dion Jordan, (NFI), Note: player able to practice 25/10/17, to 53 on 8/11/17
3. CB- 35- DeShawn Shead, (PUP), removed fro PUP and now able to practice on Dec 6th, starting the 3 week clock to return him to the active 53 man roster or to place him on IR, activated December 23 to 53
4. SS- 37- Jordan Simone, (WI)> (IR)
5. OLB- 48- Christian French, (WI) > (IR)
6. OT- 67- Tyrus Thompson (WI)> (IR)
7. CB- 21- DeAndre Elliott (IR),
8. OT- 74- George Fant, (IR),
9. OLB- 41- Dewey McDonald, (IR),
10. RB- 32- Chris Carson, (IR)
11. RDE- 56- Cliff Avril, (IR)
12. FB- 38- Tre Madden, (IR), (IRDR) on 27/12/17
13. LT- 70- Rees Odhiambo, (IR)
14. CB- 25- Richard Sherman, (IR)
15. RB- 22- CJ Prosise, (IR)
16. CB- 36- Akeem King , (IR/PS)
17. OLB- 59- Josh Forrest (IR)
18. OG- 75- Oday Aboushi, (IR)
19. SS- 31- Kam Chancellor, (IR)
20. DT- 92- Naziar Jones[/b], (IR)

2017 TEAM FREE AGENTS

Exclusive Rights Free Agents (13)
OLB- OLB- 59- Josh Forrest (IR)
OC- 53- Joey Hunt,
DE- 67- Branden Jackson,
OLB- 47- P.J. Dawson,
DE- 99- Quinton Jefferson,
DT- 98- Garrison Smith,
LS- 69- Tyler Ott,
RB- 21- J.D. McKissic,
TE- 46- Tyrone Swoopes,
OT- 67- Tyrus Thompson (WI)> (IR)
OLB- 48- Christian French, (WI) > (IR)
SS- 37- Jordan Simone, (WI)> (IR)
CB- 36- Akeem King, (IR/PS)

Restricted Free Agents (5)
OLB- 41- Dewey McDonald, (IR),
DE- 95- Dion Jordan,
CB- 28- Justin Coleman,
RB- 39- Mike Davis,
RB- 34- Thomas Rawls,

Unrestricted Free Agents (18)
TE- 88- Jimmy Graham,
LG- 78- Luke Joeckel,
RB- 27- Eddie Lacy,
DT- 91- Sheldon Richardson,
FS- 30- Bradley McDougald,
TE- 82- Luke Willson,
OLB- 57- Michael Wilhoite,
WR- 10- Paul Richardson,
P/K- 7- Blair Walsh (F),
DE- 97 - Marcus Smith II,
OG- 75- Oday Aboushi, (IR)
OT- 73- Matt Tobin,
OLB- 52- Terrence Garvin,
QB- 6- Austin Davis,
CB- 41- Byron Maxwell,
CB- 35- DeShawn Shead,
LB- 49- Kache Palacio,
OLB- 48- Jason Thompson,

*** PLEASE NOTE ***
- I've now moved the team 2016 team FAs out of this post. They can be be found at Page 5

- All the IR players still under contract for 2018 are now listed on the roster.

- 2017 Drafted players, Undrafted Free Agents and Players Cut, Waived, and those Waived with Injury Settlements have been moved to Page 7

Transaction number (after completion of signings following rookie mini camp, and all roster moves),

= 246 since the beginning of free agency

Present Available Cap Number as per OTC.com = $14,756,861

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/seattle-seahawks/

As well here is a CAP calculator for NFL teams for creating 'what if' scenarios
http://overthecap.com/calculator/seattle-seahawks/

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, this list makes it easy to see what we need to draft.

DB is dreadful, especially if you figure in that Lane was craptastic last year and Shead, torn up knee. We saw what happened when Kam and Earl were out. We need DB in the worst way.

Our RB stable also needs replenishing even though it has been addressed. The injuries there cannot be ignored.

FORTUNATELY This draft is DEEEEEEEEP in DB and RB. We are armed with 3 3rd round picks as well.

All is not lost.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks man. I almost had a question...but U/K is unknown status until after the draft when they start looking at things all over their board. Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Neither the team site nor other sites seem to have numbers for the specific player listed with a u/k notation by their number, so they remain u/k until their number is known.

As indicated as far as position location or status as far as depth on the DC more will be known as info becomes available.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No probs.

This thread works well when members here add the info as it becomes known. Thanks especially to Jville who is a machine at times and almost always first with the scoop.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks to tender OT -Gary Gilliam with original round tender @$1.797 mil. This translates to a RFR tender as Gillam was an undrafted player.

Largent80

Reaction score
I hate that we lost that 5th rounder in a deep draft. It squanders a depth addition.

It's time for the staff to knock off the shenanigans that are costing us valuable practices and draft picks.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It seems as if the enthusiasm of the coaching staff needs to be tempered a bit b/c this is the second penalty for overly enthusiastic OTA physicality.

Last year wasn't the team fined and they lost practices b/c of the over physicality of the OTA practices the year prior?

Pete needs a reminder from John that 5th Rd. draft picks can provide valuable depth that otherwise costs the team big cap money. Oh, and to zip it about injuries.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":l0bg3gw4 said:
I hate that we lost that 5th rounder in a deep draft. It squanders a depth addition.

It's time for the staff to knock off the shenanigans that are costing us valuable practices and draft picks.

Didnt Sowell come out and say it's utter bollocks though? Said he'd worked much harder elsewhere and can't believe we are being punished.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah I have read what Sowell said. The league seemed to get revved up about it after there were published reports of a fight during one OTA practice.

Jville

Reaction score
Hey Jammer,

Time to update restricted and unrestricted free agent lists.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/839980699302084608[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/839981941004804097[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/839990605417594881[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/OhioHawk4372/status/839996609559687168[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/839997164394700800[/tweet]
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

• TE Luke Willson
• TE Brandon Williams
• FB Marcel Reece
• FB Will Tukuafu
• LT Bradley Sowell
• LB Mike Morgan
• DT Tony McDaniel
• DL Damontre Moore
• DT John Jenkins
• CB Neiko Thorpe
• S Kelcie McCray
• S Jeron Johnson
• PK Stephen Hauschka
• KR Devin Hester

• CB DeShawn Shead *
• FS Steven Terrell *
• LB Brock Coyle *
• CB Mohammed Seisay *

*Restricted free agents who became unrestricted when Seattle did not tender qualifying offers before the March 9 deadline. [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/247289/seahawks-2017-free-agency-tracker/[/urltargetblank]

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks Jammer for doing this.

Do you think JS will do some wheeling and dealing to get some picks in the 4th or 5th rounds, or will he stay put?

I think that maybe it depends on if they sign Lang. If they do, they may trade out of the first and get ?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No problem..

JS usually likes to have as many picks as he can get. I think he has always had 8 or more. I can easily imagine him trading any of the early picks to reposition and to add more picks. He rarely trades up though, but did last year.

If the team can add Lang ( I remain doubtful), anything can happen, and moving up or down to get specific players is also possible.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Everything should be updated to note the players ERFA tendered are now added back to the roster. When news of Gilliam signing his RFA tender happens I will add him to the roster.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It is being reported that the Hawks have signed RB-Eddie Lacy for a 1 year deal of $5.55 mil w. $3.0 mil guaranteed.

Pete appeared happy with this signing.

toffee

Reaction score
I am less than overwhelmed or even impressed by the two 1 year deals that we signed. One was a bit of bust, is he really an upgrade to our existing OL??? The over couldn't keep his job against Micheal, yes, our Micheal. Really?

Not sure how these two will fit in but their respective track record is encouraging.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The thing is both of us don't really have the clear picture yet of what Pete and John want to create on O this season.

You can hate both signings but both are here on approval at relatively inexpensive, considering the market conditions for Joeckl, deals. When Lacy is in shape and motivated he's a load to bring down and he's not playing for GB this upcoming season. You can be sure he knows he's playing for a big deal this season so for both him and Joeckl both are in a "conract year" position and will need to impress to improve their market value going forward.

I like Lacy (in shape) bettter than Petersen, Charles, and Murray, besides he's the youngest RB of the FA group and a player w/o the injury history of the others. he does need to watch his weight though and reportedly weighed 267 lbs when visiting a team. Pete wants to see him playing at 240. EDIT: I was wrong on Lacy and think he's proven to be big, slow, and soft. Any f the above three would have been better for the team.

Just an observation but with the addition of Lacy the team has now got 9 guys at RB under contract. Clearly there will be cuts made at that position.