Lofa Tatupu out?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
That's too bad. Hopefully Lofa isn't the fall guy for the team hanging onto that manic-depressive LBer (KPL). Dude should have been gone last year.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Whilst I respect everything Lofa gave on the field as a player, I'm not sure there's be much he could teach KJ & Bobby at this point. Which - even though he could still teach the others - would make his position expendable. That's how I'm reading it, at least.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bob Condotta speculated that he was just getting out of coaching for the time being not a straight up release.

DJrmb

Reaction score
uncle fester":9byjqilm said:
Whilst I respect everything Lofa gave on the field as a player, I'm not sure there's be much he could teach KJ & Bobby at this point. Which - even though he could still teach the others - would make his position expendable. That's how I'm reading it, at least.

I don't know. I'm not saying you're wrong but KJ and Bobby are arguably coming off the best year of their careers. Who knows how much or how little Lofa had to do with that though.

One thing I find kind of odd is the amount of guys that have seemingly decided simply to not return to the team this year. Lofa, Sherman Smith, and Rocky Seto all decided not to come back, and it's not like they left because they got promoted somewhere else, they just seem to not want to coach anymore (At least not for the Seahawks)...

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Sherman Smith was dismissed by the team.

Lofa wanted to do something outside of the NFL, maybe he has a business that he wants to focus on now.

Rocky wanted to live the dream he's always had, he just finally decided to do it.

I will say that the last two years have been draining for alot of the coaches, players, FO, emotionally and physically

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":oae1z9b0 said:
That's too bad. Hopefully Lofa isn't the fall guy for the team hanging onto that manic-depressive LBer (KPL). Dude should have been gone last year.

Come on dude you're better than that. Be a bit more sensitive.

olyfan63

Reaction score
K. J. Wright had an amazing, incredible year, played beyond his physical talent. Key play after key play. Ditto for Bobby Wagner except he has the physical talent (speed). I'd say Lofa did a great job as LB's coach if the play of those two is any indication, when compared to the year before.