Damn you KPL!

northseahawk

Reaction score
It would have been us now if it wasn't for what u did! Other than the sb49 play, I don't remember a play changing everything as much as KPL's penalty did!

soje

Reaction score
northseahawk":2wkzeuuw said:
It would have been us now if it wasn't for what u did! Other than the sb49 play, I don't remember a play changing everything as much as KPL's penalty did!

Nah... if a team is mentally weak enough to lose a game due to one play, it doesn't deserve to be in the Superb Owl anyway.

Josea16

Reaction score
soje":3pplwc7g said:
northseahawk":3pplwc7g said:

Nah... if a team is mentally weak enough to lose a game due to one play, it doesn't deserve to be in the Superb Owl anyway.
EXACTLY. The Seahawks weren't anywhere near championship level this year. They were exactly what their record said.... kind of good not great unlike Atlanta (which seems to have the killer instinct the Seahawks used to have three or four years ago).

King Dog

Reaction score
Speaking of KPL, I remember Schneider reluctantly comparing him to Bowman when we made the pick :(
If only

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
King Dog":mwnrcyyj said:
Speaking of KPL, I remember Schneider reluctantly comparing him to Bowman's little sister when we made the pick :(

Sounds about right on :2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
soje":j673gvcd said:
northseahawk":j673gvcd said:

So, you're saying that the Seahawks shouldn't have been playing in SB 49?.....One Bad Play/play Call can sometimes change everything.....One GOOD play/play call can and does give you a winning season...The Tip.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Bruh, I know KPL is pretty worthless, but come on. That penalty was an utter disgrace. The league should be ashamed of that call. The way I saw it, they both fell to the ground, locked up with one another, and it had absolutely zero effect on the play. Zero.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
northseahawk":13kd1ge4 said:

We literally just saw a team erase a 25 point 2nd half lead and suddenly that penalty was enough to flip the entire game over to us? :lol:

It was a brutal penalty, but the Falcons weren't suddenly going to chop cutting our broken defense to pieces either.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":y1gckoxj said:
northseahawk":y1gckoxj said:

We literally just saw a team erase a 25 point 2nd half lead and suddenly that penalty was enough to flip the entire game over to us? :lol:

It was a brutal penalty, but the Falcons weren't suddenly going to chop cutting our broken defense to pieces either.

we'll to be fair the Refs DID botch that Facemask call. Instead they only called the holding. That 1 missed call would have given ATL a FG opportunity and most likely a Super Bowl win. So 1 play can make all the difference. If ATL stops any of the 2 "2 point conversions" they most likely win.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
King Dog":1f7l58e3 said:
Speaking of KPL, I remember Schneider reluctantly comparing him to Bowman when we made the pick :(
If only

Almost true! It was the regional scout who had graded KPL throughout the year who compared KPL to Bowman. After the draft, while recounting the days events, Schneider told the anecdote of the scout 'banging the table' for KPL, and jumping around the draft room when they selected KPL.

Injuries and depression have dampened the career of a highly intelligent and incredibly talented guy. If only the NFL could play out like Madden, I would have loved to see how different his career trajectory might have been. He's still only 25 with very little NFL wear-and-tear, and I'm holding out hope he can still achieve some of the promise he had coming into the league.

To the topic the OP put forward, the play still makes me sick. All the stupid penalties we incurred throughout the year on Special teams have not helped our league reputation among officials. Whether or not one believes this one was deserving of a flag, this crap needs to be cleaned up. We should be far more disciplined than we showed this last year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":qfq3ip1t said:
Bruh, I know KPL is pretty worthless, but come on. That penalty was an utter disgrace. The league should be ashamed of that call. The way I saw it, they both fell to the ground, locked up with one another, and it had absolutely zero effect on the play. Zero.

It looked like to me he got rocked bad enough by his guy that KPL was just holding onto him so he didn't hit the ground too hard and get a concussion. Whatever happened to player safety ?!

King Dog

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":3ij0js3s said:
King Dog":3ij0js3s said:
If only

Almost true! It was the regional scout who had graded KPL throughout the year who compared KPL to Bowman. After the draft, while recounting the days events, Schneider told the anecdote of the scout 'banging the table' for KPL, and jumping around the draft room when they selected KPL.

Injuries and depression have dampened the career of a highly intelligent and incredibly talented guy. If only the NFL could play out like Madden, I would have loved to see how different his career trajectory might have been. He's still only 25 with very little NFL wear-and-tear, and I'm holding out hope he can still achieve some of the promise he had coming into the league.

To the topic the OP put forward, the play still makes me sick. All the stupid penalties we incurred throughout the year on Special teams have not helped our league reputation among officials. Whether or not one believes this one was deserving of a flag, this crap needs to be cleaned up. We should be far more disciplined than we showed this last year.

A portion of your reply is correct. Schneider really didn't want to make the comparison in a post draft interview, but did or alluded to it. I would have to dig it up, but I remember both the scout and Schneider comparing him to Bowman.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Football is a game of momentum as you saw in the SB. That play flipped it. We may have still lost but that was a 12 points swing and we at least would have had a competitive 4th quarter.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks were going to lose that game no matter what. They were seriously out coached on both sides. Plus, the defense was going to do nothing with Earl out.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I agree that the Hawks were DOA from the moment that penalty happened. The game was never competitive from that point on. But that penalty occurred in the SECOND QUARTER. How can anyone excuse their lack of mental toughness to not survive a freaking second quarter penalty in a game they were winning? It was one of the most pathetic displays I've seen of a team completely wilting in the face of adversity.

So blame KPL for the terrible penalty, but give more blame to the entire coaching staff and players for not getting up off the mat after a second quarter penalty.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Strange that a team that outcoached the Hawks got incredibly outcoached at the end of the game.
Up 8 on the 23 yard line and you don't just run the ball twice and go up 11. Pathetic play calling.

Largent80

Reaction score
That penalty was called, therefore it is. Penalty regardless of if it was or not and make no mistake, it totally changed momentum and football is a game of momentum.

See Atlanta strip fumble. It was all downhill from there.